1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this invisible bubble with me and everything

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Odette, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Odette

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i don't know what to do anymore.

I have this amazing girlfriend of 5 months, whom without I dont know how i managed before.
    ive committed myself to her, completely.

i cant look my family in the eye and be with them. I feel like im punishing them for something i havent even given them the chance to respond to.
    we used to be so close, but im pushing them away, cause for the last 5 months, if not all the past cognitive years, i've not been me.

i want to tell them about this girl that makes me believe in the stars, and tell them who i am! they trust me completely, and they have faith in me, how the F can i come out and tell them this. im not sure if i can deal with their emotions as well as mine.

the friends i have come out to, have been ridiculously amazing. i feel so motivated by them...but family is different.

can someone please lend some advice.
    i want to be completely with my girlfriend and be completely with my family? is that even a reality i can entertain??

2. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

well im not sure if my advice is good or not because i havent come out to my family yet,but maybe try giving them little hints that your bi.Then maybe try to come out to them and tell them how u feel about ur girlfriend.
    i kinda now how u feel cuse all the friends i have come out to have been so supportive but im scared to tell my mom cuse she can get rlly angry at times.

3. Elesbian47

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    write a letter?

Have they expressed anti-gay views before? How do you think they'll take it?

4. Odette

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    its ok for other people to be gay, not our family though. my extended family is very conservative: no drinking etc, i know my family is a bit more liberal...but how do i explain the last 5 months ive been sneaking around and blatantly lying?

thanks for the letter idea, i hadn't considered that...will give that some thought.

thank you for your advice

x