1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your Workout?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by silentsound, Jul 8, 2009.

1. silentsound

If you keep up that attitude you will always hate it. Maybe you just need to try something different? Keep experimenting and find the workout that is right for you. When you find the right one, it will be fun and you will ultimately get better results! You can pm me if you need some ideas, I have done a lot of "mixing it up" and usually find something I find fun for that time in my life.

2. sdc91

It's ok to put it after, just different professional opinions... I always did a warm-up jog then I would do a 5k after my workout. Oh, and MAJOR props to you if you can do a dragon flag with proper form (but doesn't that injure your shoulders?)!

I'm kinda puzzled at how anyone can run 5 to 5.5 miles at a "decent clip" in 30 minutes. That's REALLY fast. Overestimation by Wii much? It takes me 30 minutes to jog 3 miles with stretching, a warm up and a cool down.

#22 sdc91, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  3. Roralo

Roralo Guest

Haha, I guess so. My trainer would be all 'OMFG' if he saw me get on the treadmill/in the pool after I did so and so weights. 5K as in the erg? Or 5K as in running? Thanks to a very dedicated trainer and a very tall mirror, the Dragon Flag used to be ehhh, but it is sort of fun when you get everything right. My shoulders are nice and set from tennis so I'm not worried.

4. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That is crazy that he would get so bent out of shape over doing cardio after weights. Aside from a bit of a warm up, I always find it best to do cardio after weights. Go at it before and you could be tired and use poor form on the weights.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I'm kinda puzzled at how anyone can run 5 to 5.5 miles at a "decent clip" in 30 minutes. That's REALLY fast. Overestimation by Wii much?

Extreme overestimation. I actually jog 0.0 miles. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I said I'd do it sometimes to switch it up. You know kind of like how you might cross the street when walking to work/school. Yeah it might not be the fastest or best route, but sometimes it gets too fucking boring doing the same thing every time. Doing cardio after weights once every 3 weeks isn't going to hurt anything.

Plus of course, not all of us have trainers, and don't have very super stringent goals other than "be fit".

7. Roralo

Roralo Guest

I'll see if I can switch it up a bit, but my standard cardio is usually a warm up to get my muscles all nice and ready before weights. I tackle most of my cardio on separate days or at least, a little bit before each focus.

8. shireguy

not for me, does the complete opposite. for me heavy metal especialy lamb of god gets my blood pumping as well as arch enemy

9. sdc91

5k run usually, but I did work the C2 machine a few times. It took roughly 26 minutes for a 5k on it, which isn't super fast, but not too slow (I don't think... haha, my body isn't suited to crew :frowning2: ).

10. Apocalypte

5 miles in 30 minutes... a 6 minute mile. I'm jealous!

(I'm having a pop at my 5 mile PB this weekend and hoping for 43 minutes...)

11. Thatsit

I stopped swimming recently because I hurt my leg while at the pool. Since Stopping I've been trying to maintain this workout...

Wake up
    drink ~16 oz of water or more
    run/jog on the treadmill for 2.5 miles or 30 minutes

4 sets of:
    6 reps of biceps
    8 reps of triceps
    15 sit-ups
    20 leg-lifts
    15 push-ups

I'm kind of trying to build some muscle, lose weight, and show some lower abs.
    (Cardio first thing in the morning with no food in the stomach is really good for burning fat)

12. Jekko

man u guys, now that i stopped running i can actually see a little gain weight. I'm feeling the pressure now. I must work out!

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1 hr of tao-bo, when I can.
    8 min tao-bo when I don't have much time.

14. Apocalypte

PB achieved. 5 miles in 42.35 :grin:

15. Thatsit

Nice work, congrats:thumbsup:

16. Roralo

Roralo Guest

I'm not fit for crew either but it gives me a good whole body workout :grin:

17. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

Very interesting :icon_bigg my gym time table is same as yours actually with few things and minus few things. But an advice for all who want to start new workouts try smaller weights and take your MP3 lol ! those two things will really motivate you to work more and as times pass your will get good results :slight_smile: !

18. Emberstone

I work out every other evening. doing 45 minutes or so of lifting. I rotated, chest-biceps-legs-shoulders-triceps-back, so it takes me about two weeks to fully cycle through.

I also use a weight gainer/protein shake since I am cursed with a very fast metabolism, and so now I am packing the muscle on at a managable pace. I also started taking creatine, which is a protein that helps with muscle hydration, and is converted in the muscles into stores of energy allowing you to work more effectively. it basically allows me to use a bit more weight, and still feel challange but completely in control.

19. AZguy444

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually get on the treadmill and set it to 4.0 with a 1.5 incline and do some fast walking for 20 minutes.
    Then I lift some weights. Then I get on the eliptical (spelling?) for like 15 minutes.
    I usually work out for 45 minutes and burn around 400 calories. Is that enough?

20. RainbowJay

-around 25 minutes on my elliptical, it's always the first thing I do ^^
    -do 10 reps for about 10 different weight-lifting techniques for 5-7 minutes
    -stretch a bit for another 5 minutes and hang on a pole (that can be attached and unattached from the door-way :grin:
    -bike ride for 15 minutes around the neighborhood

I'd wanna do more but ehhhh D:

what I really wanted to get was a rowing machine, but I haven't heard much con-crit on them, anybody own one?
    cus I read that it works many many parts of the body and that sounds like a good workout to me :]