1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your Workout?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by silentsound, Jul 8, 2009.

1. silentsound

I see a lot of threads on here about how to exercise and whatnot, but always specifically pertaining to a question. So, I hope this hasn't been done before, but I thought it would be cool to have a generic thread for sharing exercise routines, and maybe we can learn from each other.

Personally, I have a pretty intense training schedule to keep myself on good form for soccer. I go to a sports agility gym 2-4 times a week where there is a set workout for each day 1-4 that changes every three weeks which looks something like this:

warm-up (either consecutive which is stretching and high-knees stuff or ladder/ stretch)
    plios (agility exercises)
    abs
    olympic lift (clean pulls, etc)
    three brackets of 2-3 lifting exercises
    running

the whole thing takes about 2 hours and is intense training. On my off days or when I am just exercising for myself I usually:

stretch
    jog/run 1-3 miles
    abs
    push-ups
    stretch

which doesn't take too long and feels really good- it's the ultimate de-stresser. So, my question is, what does your workout look like?

2. acorn7

When I'm at school and I have access to a gym (I *need* to keep this up next fall...)

10 min cardio (stationary bike, but could be anything), 20 min if I'm motivated.
    Muscle workout:
    2 series of 12-15 reps deltoids
    2x12-15 of pectorals
    2x12-15 of trapezius
    2x12-15 of back muscles
    2x12-15 of biceps
    2x12-15 of triceps
    (I mostly want to improve my upper-body strengh)
    (I use free weights for most and machines for some)

Variety of abs exercises (sit-ups, lifting the legs, etc.)

Stretch

Lie on mattress, listen to music and think to myself, "Ahhhh..." :slight_smile:

Right now, for the summer, I don't have access to a gym and I can't discipline myself enough to do a structured workout, so I swim (lengths) 2-3 times a week for an 45-60 minutes at my public pool with a more or less structured plan.

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I do alot of swimming (about 3000-5000m five times a week), but anyone who goes to the gym, I have one word for you:

SQUATS!

Do them often, do them right. They are the BEST.
    [​IMG]

4. Roralo

Roralo Guest

I'll give you my standard week workout, since I switch it up every three weeks to avoid a plateau.
    Everyday I begin with a 4 mile jog/or/hit the gym for about 30 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the Stairmaster. On Monday I focus primarily on my upper body, but specifically my arms and back. I use High row, Low row, Lat pulldown, and sometime freeweights. I tend to do 3 sets with 12 reps each. I don't do anything on Tuesday aside from jogging in the morning. Weds. I target the abdominal muscles, standard exercises...jack knife, wood chopper, dragon flag, v-up, bicycle. Thurs.=rest. Friday is my legs, I use these machines(forgot what they are called) 3 sets, 12 reps. I do lunges w/ dumbbells on this day. Saturday/Sunday I don't hit the gym usually but I do use this time to do something else like racquetball, tennis, or swimming. :]

5. silentsound

I<3Squats

They are the best, and I feel really accomplished after doing them because I really push the weight...

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WiiFit.

* 8-10 minutes of yoga, especially the ones that stretch the back.
    * 8-10 minutes of strength - torso twists, jackknives, and...that one where you do a push-up position and hold it. For some reason, I'm blanking on the name.
    * One "balance game" - heading the soccer balls, zen balance, the bubble, tightrope, catching the fish in the penguin costume. I just randomly pick one and do it.
    * 5 minute "advanced step". To warm up a bit.
    * 30 minute "free run". I change the channel to VH-1 Classics and jog for 30 minutes at a decent clip. Usually 5-5.5 miles.
    * Just started this this week. At the end, I do the "short" run...and run as fast as I possibly can. Usually takes about two minutes, but coming at the end of the 30 minute jog, I'm usually spent.

If I'm short on time (like I was this morning), I shorten the yoga and strength to about five minutes each, and skip the advanced step.

Lex

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wouldn't that many reps just tone?

I thought for strength gain you needed to do fewer reps with heavier weights.

8. Shevanel

What's workout? xD

9. Just Adam

the 10 attempts it takes me to get out of bed XD

10. Jace

lately nothing but during school i used to run a mile every other weekday

11. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

2 hours of intense dance....I sweated like a bitch today. Here's my advice: NEVER wear any kind of shirt that is GRAY!!! Sweat appears faster on a gray shirt than any other I have ever seen- as I witnessed today LOL! Take your iPod (or mp3 player, CD player, radio, or Entertainment centre etc.) and play the most up tempo, high energy, movie musical (yeah, seriously), Bollywood (yeah, seriously to that too), and/or highly sexual (oh yeah, very serious!) songs and dance like you've never danced before! I was dripping like a Yeti in Hell! LOL Okay, enough with the analogies. But dance is really great cardio...my shirt is still wet from 5pm today, I just checked it, seriously...sorry for any mental images...LOL!

12. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Oh and of course Hip Hop and Pop songs are great too...Duh RAJ!!!

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>that one where you do a push-up position and hold it. For some reason, I'm blanking on the name.

Plank. :slight_smile:

>>>Sweat appears faster on a gray shirt than any other I have ever seen...

Honestly, I kinda like watching the front of my shirt get wetter. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. :slight_smile:

...but then, once I'm done, I take a lukewarm shower and get dressed for work.

Lex

14. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

You do have a point there...it makes you WANT to wok harder I guess :slight_smile:

15. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually get to the gym 2-3 times a week:
    -30 minutes of cardio
    -Serious of weight machines, with a couple free weights in there. 3 sets of about 12 each.
    -Stretching

Sometimes I'll switch it up and do a warmup first (5 minutes) and put the cardio at the end.

On off days I try to get a half hour walk in and some Yoga.

And the important thing is that you do an exercise program / activity that you enjoy, and will stick with.

#15 Kenko, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  16. InaRut

Well I just started Biking (UP A FREAKIN ENSCARPMENT!?!?!?!?!) and Swimming. Maybe I'll start doing sit ups and pull ups

17. Roralo

Roralo Guest

D: Don't put cardio after weights, it should always be before weights!

18. Apocalypte

I run a lot - I'm currently training for a marathon.

19. acorn7

Yep, good point, I should move in that direction when I get good enough with this routine. I should have said upper-body "endurance" (or toning I guess), which is what I decided to do as I was just starting out. I'm probably going to transition to 3 series of 8 reps.

20. Alexander

I just saw this thread and it reminded me to do my exercise for the day. Thanks guys, not. :[

AHHH I HATE WORKING OUT.

kthanksbye