1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queen sends message of support to homophobic church movement

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Martin, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao:
    THAT image will fester in your mind, haunting your dreams forever :roflmao:

2. Just Adam

luckily cute guys can get rid of that :slight_smile:

3. Garrett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She is old.. We can't have hope for the old people, they just don't like us.

4. Ty

Ty

Everyone here is way overexaggerating. Calm down =/

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

All I have to say is "whatever". I really don't care what other people think about my sexuality as long as they're not bothering me personally.

6. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Hey let's not be prejudiced, there are cool, open-minded old people. The Queen neither represents the elderly nor the British population. She's just some unproductive lady whose luxurius life happens to be financially maintained by the government.

7. ANightDude

The Queen is nothing more than show. She has as much power as Lady Gaga. She can't do much, nothing but a figure. But if she is anti-gay, then, yeah, looks like Michelle needs to slap her on the back instead... :slight_smile:

8. Ty

Ty

Yes, the Obama (I assume you're referring to Michelle Obama, when you say "Michelle") administration is just the pinnacle of gay liberty. What with Barack just allowing gay servicemen and women to be discharged despite his power as president to just dismiss orders to discharge. Yeah! He's not even started on that barbaric don't ask, don't tell (which isn't in existence in the UK, by the way*policy yet. So, please, don't start on the "homophobia" of the British head of state before examining the very apathetic way her American counterpart deals with LGBT issues. So far, Obama hasn't impressed me a bit.

Perhaps you should check this out and retract all of your insulting comments to the Queen of the Commonwealth.

#28 Ty, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  9. Just Adam

the queens actually got a lot of power she jsut dont use...she can take any land for her use and can disband govt if she chooses and force a new one to reform.

as for obamas really...dont ..get me started there : |

he needs to get off his butt and do somthign for the cause and she..well needs to stop acting look at me yea hes my husband i can do what i like now yay...>.> well end up with another clinton wife syndrome at this rate... but all good

i dont believe the queens homophobic i just hope she aint haha but like i say this was missguidede and badly handled even if the letter wasent actual support its how thigns look thats important to the outside..

i doubt there will be clarification on the letters contents :frowning2:

10. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    umm. she does bugger-all. what has this got to do with the queen?
    if you want a rant about obama, there is another perfectly good thread in this forum :confused:

11. Zoiek

One shouldn't accuse other countries of having homophobic heads of state before one examines one's own.

12. Ty

Ty

It was to counter the sanctimonious claim that the Obamas are somehow massively pro-gay.

In addition, the Queen doesn't do "bugger all". She is the head of various charities and attends various engagements on behalf of the country. The work she does is intense as she advises the prime minister and represents the United Kingdom as a whole. When you insult the Queen, you insult the United Kingdom. Indeed, I'd say she works hard for the country and does a very good job of representing it.

13. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL
    she does nothing :lol:
    she's the pus of this country! I don't want to be represented by someone who's job is to wave their hand in the air stupidly, and be some icon that everyone loves so much.
    she's old! a cripple! she couldn't do less if she was in a ditch on fire. at least she'd be more entertaining in that position :roflmao:

seriously. that "you need us" thing at christmas? PATHETIC. we don't need them, they're just getting all scared that we'll boot them out. they do near enough nothing benificial. they're the scum of this country, living it up while we all struggle with money, jobs etc.

14. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Au contraire, it costs us very little to keep a monarchy, but they bring a lot to Britain's economy because of tourism. :wink: I think this idea that they do nothing has become somewhat of a generalisation. If we were to suddenly remove the royal family then we would lose a lot in tourism and weaken our economy, and relations with other International countries would turn sour and be weakened. It's easy to complain about their perceived faults, but what you're complaining about is something that would only get worse if you were to remove them. The weaker the economy gets the more you're going to struggle, so enjoy the tourism and money they contribute to the country. :wink:

Oh, and the Royal Family piss me off. For me to defend them is quite an achievement. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, if they're only good for tourism, why not cut off their heads, stick them on poles and put them on display? we'd get a lot more then :roflmao:

but the queen? she's just a novelty act. nothing more, nothing less.

16. Bevo

Wow seanr you're very extreme..what did Her Majesty (yes she's Australia's Queen as well) ever do to you? I suppose you're related to Tony Benn. Her majesty was just acting in her role as supreme governor of the church of england and recognised a part of that church, however significant they are.

I think we shouldnt make too much a deal about this letter, one of many she sends to communities and other organisations. Just because she sent a letter to a religious group who dont support gays in the church does not equate to a life membership in the BNP.

Lets just calm down...Her Majesty has served the commonwealth and as monarch for almost 60 years with nothing but dignity and grace and she has given nothing but absolute service to her people. You cant just throw that out. show a little respect.

17. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1st paragraph:NOTHING. that's the point!
    and who the hell is that? :confused:
    2nd:she SUPPORTED their homophobic views!
    3rd:she's just eye candy. that's it. enough said.

18. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well to be perfectly honest this doesn't surprise me at all. I can't stand the queen I never could. I think although it was part of a comedy sketch, Eddie Izzard said it best when he 'sang' his own version of the National Anthem [by the way more proof of my lack of respect and patriotism for her there I don't even know the words to that song and I'm British.] Oh God attack the Queen, send big dogs after her, that bite her bum! ... Then she might get some self respect and get a real job! - Eddie Izzard.

19. Possibly Maybe

How funny, I was about to quote Eddie as well.
    The thread reminded me of his observation that the Church of England was based on a King wanting to shag a lot of woman. What a lovely base for a religion, he says. :lol:

20. -Michael-

I don't know why i read such things.

I tend to stay away from gay rights campaigning.

It's all silly.

People used to be forced to write right-handed.
    And play sports right-handed.

Because us lefties where the devils way of testing mankind
    and we were unnatural.

Lets not forget black people.
    Oh god, we definitely can't forget women.

They certainly deserve no rights in a man's world.

I'm not saying we should all stop.
    Otherwise it'll always be like this.

But it's just have faith that we'll bring change.

It only ever takes one person to change the world.
    One person, with 12 friends made a hell of a change a few years back.