Does anyone else have trouble sleeping?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Jun 29, 2009.

1. erod123

i do i can never go to sleep cause im always thinking i hate it but its summer so it hasent botherd me too much but you can try to go to sleep by doing something boring idk really srry?????:confused:

2. tashyyy

lately i've been finding it hard to get to sleep
    but i think it's because of the heat
    and how busy i am lately with school involved things
    like i had prom last thursday, and this college induction tomorrow
    ooh that reminds me
    i'll put some prom pics up >:slight_smile:

3. Apocalypte

Situational insomnia at the moment, I'm currently living in a hostel and it gets incredibly noisy around 4am. >.>

4. hiker360

I normally sleep pretty well (mainly cuz have a hectic schedule for school) but when i don't sleep well is usually when i'm worried about the next day like a track meet or a big final, its easier for me if i think about how to do good, then i start falling asleep. sleeping pills don't hurt either:slight_smile:

5. RENThead

when i lived in australia i used to have alot of trouble sleeping (i took up a 2nd job in a nightclub, because i didnt see the point of laying in bed awake all night)
    i took sleeping pills and did almost everything possible - (including smoking something i shouldnt have) but nothing worked.

i then moved to ireland, and since i got here, i havent had a problem sleeping.

6. Chaos

Yes, my sleep pattern is messed up. For awhile my Doctor put me on "muscle relaxers" to help me get to sleep. But I abused them and vowed to never rely on anything to get me to fall asleep. Unless I take a Nyquil when I'm sick, but thats very rarely.

I still have problems trying to sleep some nights, but it's a little easier lately now that I've cut out caffiene and soda pop from my diet. Same with energy drinks.

7. MusicIsLife

Have you tried lavendar oil? One of my friends has crazy insomnia, and then she started this thing where she would rub lavendar oil on her forehead just before she went to bed and it really helped her.

And me personally, I dont have insomnia, but my sleeping schedule is all screwed up and i usually drink an herbal tea [usually mint] and it relaxes me and helps me sleep.

8. Tiny Catastrophe

i ddi try the lavender oil and it didnt help. it jus gave me a headache. and i dont like takin meds. im already on 2 types of anti depressents and sleeping pills r very addicting and i have an addictive personality so thats not good for me

9. MyStIcAl WoNdEr

me too I never sleep either I end up laying in my bed and laying there for like three hours before I can actually go to sleep, or I'll sleep during the day and end up staying up all night.

10. secret garden

I'm a complete insomniac.
    I really have to tire myself to fall asleep...

11. InaRut

My nights of restlessness get more common...

Kinda worries me.

12. Wrath

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You need a routine in your life to keep your body working. Anybody who just sits around all day isn't going to be tired easily and will just end up falling asleep at a ridiculous time, and before you know it your body clock is messed up to the max. Less online time, more physical activites. Keep a consistent routine going and you should be fine and dandy.

13. Just Adam

its 12:20 in the asshole morning yes i have trouble im tired i cant sleep :frowning2:

14. Wrath

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you been sat on the computer all day?

15. Davey

Here in the past year or so I have been having more troubles sleeping. It takes me forever to fall asleep and then I never want to wake up. Then as I am asleep I don't seem to rest the way I should. I wake up a lot or have fitful sleeps. I don't know what causes it because I've tried everything. Making sure I don't eat right before I sleep and all that jazz. The only thing I have not done is take a sleep aid because I'm afraid of getting addicted.

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with you. I have BAD fits of sleeplessness. My doctor won't give me anything becuase she says I'll just develop a tolerance and need stronger drugs later on in life.

17. Harve

The only time i've had trouble sleeping recently was when i went to bed at 3am a few nights ago and then i realised that it was getting light (which i didn't expect), so i freaked out a little because it was just ODD how i was going to bed on what i'd class as "tommorow", so i fell asleep past 6am when the rest of my family were getting up :|. The first time that happened was a bit eerie i guess. I think it's important to not panic about not getting any sleep and just be patient, easier said than done maybe.

18. Kaim

Kaim Guest

Occasionally I have trouble sleeping, though when I do it's because I'm thinking about a lot of things. Best thing to do is to try and turn my brain off, and somehow I manage to fall asleep. Doesn't always work though.

19. Mengele

I have a weird sleeping schedule, yeah, but I really don't have any trouble getting to sleep. Only problem I have is that lately I've been waking up screaming and it tends to wake the other people in the house. :[

20. waitingsucks

I heard that teenagers have stuffed up body clocks (not to generalise), like their body isn't ready to go to sleep until late at night.

My Insominia isn't as bad as urs, but during the school term I rarely get more than 7 and a half hours of sleep. Which pisses me off cos I go to bed early and tire myself out and such.