1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate the word "lesbian!!!"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by touchofgrey, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Just Adam

i understand peoples pain but we alll know the worst word is moist ....awww yucky

2. JakeBHT

maybe it is just me liking to over complicate my dull persionality but I like "half Lesbian gay transvestite hippie guy" it may be an in correct definition as bisexualism is not "half" and lesbians are not men, usually! But it does combine "Gay" and "Lesbian" in the same gender and hey thats me!

#22 JakeBHT, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  3. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like gay way better than lesbian. Lesbian sounds weird... Gay is just better.

4. antarranger

Why don't we just use the word Sly. In the show firefly they use that word instead of gay.

5. jotheoneandonly

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it doesn't exactly roll off the toungue in an easy fashion! it's like a word made of sandpaper at the back of your throat!! it just sounds narrghy.
    but gay is such a nice calm floaty word.
    like soft. it's just a nice word.

i just say i'm gay, i don't even think about calling myself a lesbian. blah, i don't even enjoy typing it.

sorry for my rant, but i had to let it off. very very sorry to people who may be offended, but hopefully, if you enjoy the word then you won't be upset by my thoughts.

love you all xx

6. jonny

I get where ur coming from I hate the word gay may e it just has a bad history with me considering it was used to insult me before but I'm coming to turks with it. Also it might just be all the stereotyping associated with the word lesbian but I have to agree it just doesn't roll of the tongue like our one syllable gay so muh cooler. Lol

7. silentsound

I don't like the word either, so (with the exception of my EC orientation) I don't use it. "I'm gay" works just as well, is easier to say, and doesn't make it sound like you have some rare infectious disease.

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

omg i think i can relate to u cuse i dnt like word gay i kinda hate wen my friends bring that word up beacuse it makes me feel wrong for some reason :/even though i more gay then bisexual.

9. CrystalCat

I call myself, gay, dyke, queer. At times i'll say lesbian.