1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Jackson dies at age 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Greggers, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Mickey

Re: Michael jackson dies at age 50, went into cardiac arrest.

Wrong! (for me,anyway) I cared about him through good & bad times.
    Michael was only 3 years older than me. I grew up with The Jackson
    Five and went on to love Michael,as a solo performer. I love Janet,too.
    I am NOT one to "follow the crowd." I like someone/something because I like it/them,
    not just because others do. :eusa_danc

2. Lumi Nie

Re: Michael jackson dies at age 50, went into cardiac arrest.

Oh my... I love his songs so much! He was one of my favourite artists when I was still a little child. How sad... ;(

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

His music has been around for almost all my life. Certainly for as long as I remember listening to music. I've never been a big Jacko fan but his music is part of the varied mix in my collection.

I am shocked that he has left us so soon. Only 50! The come-back tour could have been the start of a new phase, but we will never know now.

RIP Michael.

4. Defraction

He was alright... I liked a few songs. I'm more impacted by the fact he's famous rather than who he was (what with facebook and myspace being filled with him).

Not that I'm bashing him or anything... but I barely heard of him for the past few years anyway, apart from his "return", which seemed to be a financial thing anyway.

5. twixy30

i may not always agree with everything he did in his life but one things for sure he was a great singer i hope he will RIP

6. xXHolic

POP has no longer a King.. may he rest in peace

7. Fiorino

That's so sad. I wasn't a huge fan or anything, but I almost cried today when they were talking about it on CNN. Just, he's had a HUGE impact on our pop culture and even if I'm too young to remember his glory days I know that pretty much everyone knows who he is.

My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Simple guideline and common sense in a thread like this... if you can't think of something nice today then please don't say anything.

We have had to delete or edit several posts in this thread already.

9. Jeimuzu

This is sad... his comeback shows, all of that... should've been massive. Should've been spectacular. Would've either cemented his legendary status, or his reputation of madness. Do or die. Tragically, he ended up cementing his legendary status the traditional way; the latter.

I really wanted him to blow everyone away. He always had the talent... wanted him to prove a few people wrong, and now the chance has gone.

10. riddlerno1

So sad when i heard about this last night. Grew up with many of his songs! Still remember being bout 6, trying to act cool and copy the moves to BAD. RIP MJ.

11. MusicIsLife

facebook is really making me sick right now, I got an invite this morning for a "i'm glad Michael jackson's dead!" group, which has now been reported by myself and a number of other people.

I just don't understand how people can be so insensitive! :frowning2:

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yeah, there also seems to be more people with negative comments in their Facebook statuses than positive comments. Shows us what some of our Facebook friends are really like though. :frowning2:

13. Jerr

Just looked... there are 30 groups that popped up when I typed Glad Michael Jackson... that was it... didn't mention dead but those 3 words made 30 groups about him being dead pop up.... wow....

14. Shevanel

I have over 780 friends on facebook and 95% of the facebook statuses mentioning MJ were positive, Just saying.

15. -Michael-

I shall think of him, everytime i see a scary pot doll

16. Phantasma

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/06/michael-jackson-albums-dominate-on-itunes-and-amazon.html
    It's nice to see that people are remembering and enjoying his legacy today instead of focusing on past controversies.

17. acorn7

I followed this in real time yesterday... first he was in a coma, then all the major news sources confirmed his death one by one :frowning2: And Twitter went crazy. Though I must say the vast majority of tweets and Facebook statuses I saw were positive. (People are bound to make jokes, that's just how the world is.)

I wasn't a devoted fan myself, but I love Thriller, Billie Jean and Beat It :slight_smile: He leaves a gigantic legacy to music... dance, music videos, breaking down racial barriers, etc.

Many speculate that most of the weirdness in his life was because of the abuse he suffered as a child. Not sexual abuse, just physical and mental abuse from his dad that forced him to perform and basically used him for money from a very young age.

Anyway, sad story :frowning2: But as Madonna said, "the world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever!"

18. Shevanel

I'd just like to note that at my sister's dance recital tonight, one of her performances was to the Michael Jackson song The Way You Make Me Feel which I felt was rather Ironic, but a coincidence nonetheless.

On a more off topic note, another one not performed by my sister was It's Raining Men which only made me think about EC for some reason XD

19. Kryz

It is actually very sad that the King of Pop passed away.

I really actually never cared about his personal life AT ALL. Coz to me he was a great musician, and I liked him for that. And that is what I'll always remember.

He's now timeless due to his music, RIP.

20. Shevanel

I hate to keep posting in here XD but I've got another thing to add.

Positive things will come from his passing.

First off his music sales will go up exponentially. Which is good, especially for the people who sell them. Will Michael Jackson help us get out of an economic slump? XD JK :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Secondly, Today they played Michael Jackson all day, among other music that differs from what I usually hear at work, which is terrible music. Hearing Billie Jean 10 times a day is SO much better than hearing any 1 Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus song XD. I was happy =D I felt like breaking out into the Thriller dance in the middle of the store XD (Not that I know it XD)