1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording acts today are so pathetic...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Jun 24, 2009.

1. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    lol this is funny ( Dont confuse that with me saying there good its just funny watching the attempt to be singers)

2. mattyrusso

I skipped to the end and listened to Kelly Clarkson instead..it made me hurt less after watching whatever the hell THAT was

3. nevaeh

i find them quite interesting really
    i was waiting for a musical group that would reperesent the 'drunk girl' at a party

4. Aero

:lol:

I hate this kind of music (if you even call it that)...

I've seen a lot of acts with no talent, but their looks sell...
    I'm not sure what these girls have to offer, because they're kinda... gross.

5. jsandoval1192

Wow. This seems like it would work more as a parody.
    The fact that it's an actual song is quite saddening.

6. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    first, you all do realize that by discussing this your helping them? Your spreading the word about them (even if your also saying they suck) and for every 100 people that hears about them that hates them one or two may like them so your just helping them get more known, more rich, more famous.

second, also there are two types of music to me, art and entertainment, a lot of times music can be both however this just seems to be meant simply for entertainment so holding it up to the same standards you hold everyone else up to doesn't seem right since they aren't trying to be the next Beatles.

third, I'm so used to tons of people saying my music is horrible and talentless and it sucks and I'm sick to death of people say that because everyone likes a different kind of music and just because you think its talentless doesn't mean it is, just because its not what you think music should be doesn't mean that everyone else thinks the same so if you don't respect them at least respect everyone else who might like them and just ease up

7. Fiorino

WOW That song showed absolutely NO TALENT. Like, it was BAD.

But hey, it's better than 1,000 rap videos where women are objectified.
    At least while they're singing about how great they are in their annoying
    girly voices it's men that are being the bitches for once.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you mean "today"?

It seems that when people look backwards at musical history, they do so with rose-colored glasses on. They see the good artists, the brilliant ones, the ones who really did have talent...and ignore all the dross that came along with it. Crap recording artists are nothing new. The main difference between "today" and "yesterday" when it comes to recording deals is that they can cover up deficiencies.

Lesson time.

1989. People might think U2, or perhaps Janet Jackson. They tend not to remember these guys.

[youtube]9sNz0IcnttM[/youtube]

Three number one singles and a number one album in 1989 (US).

1979. Punk, post-punk and new wave keep growing. But this goes top ten.

[youtube]Hihp_Jjdnsg[/youtube]

Let Leif Garrett fill in for all the generic dull disco that filled the airwaves at the time.

1969. Woodstock, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin. This was the #1 song of the year.

[youtube]-f1xL5wQ1gQ[/youtube]

A song sung (ostensibly) by cartoon teenagers.

1957. Elvis and rock and roll both starting to take root. Meanwhile, Dot Records hires teenaged movie heartthrob Tab Hunter to cover Sonny James' country hit "Young Love". It sits at #1 for four weeks.

[youtube]BRr5nwXUYhU[/youtube]

When Tab sings "filled with true emotion", I assume he's being ironic.

When people look back on 2009, I don't know what they'll see. But I can bet it ain't those folks. :slight_smile:

Lex