1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What could YOU do with $500,000 dollars?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Greggers, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Greggers

I think we can all agree NOM is pathetic beyond words, with or without them paying money to get people to vote against marriage equality bills. Who cares if this is "as strong" of a criticism of them. As Martian said, there are way more things that make them more fucked up than this.

Lets move back on to the topic, what you would do with all that glorious money :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I dont think i ever answered....

I would buy myself a nice car and pay for college, then buy a trip to new york and go see all the Broadway shows, then with all the left over money i would split it between all my local SPCA branches (pet shelter thats in dire need of help)

2. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It still boggles my mind how these nut jobs can amass so much in donated dollars, and yet homeless shelters and food pantries have to beg, borrow, and steal to make ends meet.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Agreed. Those were just his internalized counter-arguments, not his revolving thesis.

4. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Martin. I don't agree with their opinion, but I agree with their ability to express it.

Afterall, if we weren't allowed to disagree, we wouldn't be where we are as far as rights / equality.

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll try and put the thread back on topic before Greggers lays some smackdown on me for derailing it. :astonished:

If I had $500,000 I would most likely give half to charity, and then go on a shopping spree. Any remaining money would then be put into the bank for future usage. ^_^

6. D_Alejandro

What a waste of money :eusa_naug

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I see Greggers point and Martin's point. The right wing have leaders like Pat Robertson telling them that the world will surely come to an end if they "accept" homosexuality. These people actually believe that so I guess $500,000 for a world saved seems just fine with them. Some of their minds won't be changed until someone they love comes out. Time is definitely on our side because these old timers that preach this stuff are going to die off leaving a more accepting and diverse world.

8. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

instead of using that money for hate, how about buying some food for those who are starving on the streets of new york.

9. Words

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    *sigh*

I certainly see it as a waste of money.

Gay rights are coming whether they like it or not. It's just a matter of time.

They're just throwing their money away to delay things further.