1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk about PERIOD PAINS! (You have been sufficiently warned, male people.)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Helen, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Helen

Helen Guest

Well, I had a word with my mother about it this morning, she's not keen on putting me on birth control pills immediately, because it would be a bit of a waste as the pain only lasts for one day. She said she'd definitely consider it if it got any worse, though :slight_smile:

And she'll be taking me to a gynaecologist once we're in the UK, which is in a week :grin:

2. pirateninja

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Omg, the crimson tide? I LOOOVE this thread. I'm learning new vocabulary!

4. White Raven

Arggh...I'm going through that now actually...Period + average every day drama = suckish times.

5. Cheese Love

I hate to say it guys, but I've never had a cramp in my life, and I don't really get PMS either. And on top of that, I have pretty short and light periods :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. pirateninja

-_-

You do realise that nearly every female on EC is wishing cramps upon you right now. :grin:

7. White Raven

Yes.

Your very lucky.

8. Just Adam

i had a gf who suffered bad period pains a long time ago now....

i feel really bad for anyone who suffers them :frowning2: its horrid just having to watch it to actually go through it :frowning2:

9. zoeee

10. KaraBulut

Also keep in mind that the irregularity of your periods is also another indication for hormone supplementation.

11. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I'm another who really doesn't get cramps. About once every 4th period I get some kind of light stomach ache feeling or general achiness, but mostly, nada. The blood comes, it goes, full stop.

*but I feel deep sympathy for the rest of you, before you start pelting me with eggs! (*hug*)*

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Age 9. On school camp. Represent. It sucked royally.

I'm supposed to keep off hormonal contraception, because although doctors are inconclusive on this, there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that they can accelerate tumour growth. I was really carefully monitored through puberty because of the hormone activity then, and one of the reasons I've chosen not to have children is that the hormone surges during pregnancy could be harmful - my mother has the same kinds of tumours that I do and had significant growth when she was pregnant with my sister and me. I stick with painkillers, but like I mentioned before, I seem to be outgrowing the pain - I'll keep my fingers crossed that it happens for all of you too.

13. RaeofLite

Things that help me:

-eating yogurt, dark leafy greens(spinach and stuff), and a bit of whole grains(go easy on meat around your period it makes it worse)
    The magnesium and iron in yogurt nad spinach supposedly helps. :slight_smile:
    Also try exercising regularly because it can dampen period pains if you continue to exercise.

Tried and true helper for me: rest and a heating pad if it's killing me with a bit of walking afterwards. :slight_smile:

Feel better hun.

14. RaeofLite

Ontop of this though... the GOOD thing about getting your period (and being a lesbian/more bi friendly to the ladies) is that you don't have to worry about being late. :slight_smile:

15. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ouch! If ever saw blood coming out of my "little elvis", I think I'd probably faint.

16. SirBoobalot

I know a guy who had that... damaged a tendon in his dick, or so he says; there was definitely blood and hospital anyway.

Apparently he "pulled it too hard".

17. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ...The bodily functions of a woman scare the living shit out of me. I am SO glad I'm not straight right now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. White Raven

well you have body functions that are just as foreign to us.

19. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Meh, they're not scary. It's just some blood, yeah? It's no worse than semen.

Oh my God, if gloopy sticky white liquid containing millions of little sperm cells blurted out of my privates every time I came, now that would be horrifying. I might die from fright and disgust.

...? :wink:

20. GhostDog

Well, I'm not sure the liquids would bother me (apart from cleanup, yergh), because bodies are just good at being gross, but at least we don't have to worry about, uh, 'tenting'. =P At least if I find someone really, really attractive, I don't have to worry about broadcasting that to everyone in the room!

But I'm not gonna lie, I've never wished I had been born a man, but there are a few days a month where I wish I could rent a robot body instead or something. =P