Where do u come from or originated from??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whitefang, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Ben

Ben

1/2 Welsh
    3/8 English
    1/8 Scottish

Born in the middle of nowhere.
    Live in the middle of nowhere.

2. stymied

stymied Guest

I feel you.

My family is like 75% English at least, and I can trace parts of my dad's lineage back at least 9 generations of Southern Ontario farming families. My mom's side is pure English, but my dad's has a bit of Irish blood, so I'm not a fullblood.

3. VanceA

I have family roots way back when in Scotland, Portugal, England, and France.

Those people moved to places Like Nova Scotia(english speeking), Nova Scotia(The Acadians) and Cape Cod, and Mingled with the Native Folk.

So that makes me 3/16th native and some other werid fractions of everything else. In conclusion I've been told i look Mexican, Arabic, Inuit, Spanish, Native, and South American. So usualy when i get asked what my ancestory is i just answer "Yes".

4. KaydeeJayde

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mother's side of the family is mostly british. As far as I know, they were among the first people to come to Australia after it was settled, or so my grandmother used to like to say. She did exaggerate a little sometimes, though... There's also some French in there, too!

My father's side of the family are originated from aboriginals. His mother was 1/4 I think. I'm really proud of that part of my ancestry. Theres also some Scottish in that side of the family somewhere, as well, I think. It would explain my last name.

5. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would say I'm all English, though I know that I've got 1/32 or 1/64 Welsh on my Father's side. Also I know that I could be part French, seeing as my Mother is from the Channel Islands, it's entirely possible.

But meh, as far as I know, I'm BRITISH *snorts*

6. Apocalypte

3/4 Irish 1/4 Scottish.

My dad's side of the family is completely Irish (from Wicklow originally, but in Dublin since about 1960), both my grandparents on my mother's side are half Scottish, half Irish. My mother's side of the family is very religiously mixed too, it's roughly half Presbyterian, half Catholic - and my grandparents were Mormons for about 7-8 years in the 60s.

Fun fact: I'm a distant descendant of James Watt.

7. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm all Scottish

8. Alexander

I'm 5/8 German, 1/8 Irish, 1/8 Czech, and 1/8 omgsomanythings (Polish, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, French).

I was born in a hospital in Michigan, and I have never lived more than 30 minutes away from that hospital.

9. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    both sides of my family have been from montana for long time

10. RaRa

100% Armenian

My mom a Lebanese Armenian and my Dad's a Syrian Armenian. They've both been here for like 30+ years though. xD

I'm born and raised in L.A. ^^

11. olides84

Born and raised in California.
    Mom's side is all German/Austrian with many generations in Newark, New Jersey going back to the 1850's I think.
    Dad's father was Scottish born in Victoria BC, and mother was Danish and Norwegian born in Minnesota (like all good Scandinavian immigrants)
    So that's 1/2 German, 1/4 Scottish, 1/8 Danish, 1/8 Norwegian
    But the only old-world family I know are relatives in Norway. I'm gonna see them again next month :grin:

12. XXX Lou XXX

I'm 1/2 English, 1/8 Welsh from my mums side, and i've never known my dad but as far as I know he's completely Irish.

13. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Scotch, Irish, French, German, English, with a splash of Cherokee.

14. Cheese Love

I'm half Persian, quarter Swedish, an then an eighth Irish and English.

My great-grandparents on my mom's side came from Sweden.

My father moved to America from Iran when he was 14 with his family because Bahai's (his family's religion) were persecuted during the muslim revolution. Unfortuantely, they're still being persecuted in Iran.

15. Jim1454

That sounds like me! On my dad's side I am 5th generation Canadian, with one branch of the family coming to Newfoundland in 1859 during the potato famine in Ireland. So my grandfather on my dad's side was born in Toronto - with his mother being from that line of the family. His father being from Scotland. My dad's mother and my mom's father were born in England and immigrated here when they were very young. My mom's mom was born here in Canada as well - and I think her family was also Irish.

So I'm also very 'WASPy'.

The one grandmother born in England is practically Canadian though. The story is that her father came to Canada and married a Canadian girl, but he returned to England with his wife when 'The Great War' started. My grandmother, along with her older brother, was born there to her Canadian mother, but her mother died in England. After the war her father immigrated again to Canada with his two children and remarried. He had 5 more children with his second wife.

I just think it's such a cool story. And the scandalous part is that the children weren't told until years later that the older two were just 'half' siblings to the others. And they found out from a neighbour!

16. mattypants

+1 Californian xjD
    from what ive been able to gather, im 3/8 french 3/8 spanish 1/8 naitive american and 1/8 spanish basque

i think

17. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Well as my location says I live in Staten Island, NYC but I lived in Long Island, New York until I was 9. As for my nationality, I'm 62% Irish, 20% German, 12% English, Something percent Native American and something percent Scottish. So yups that's the combination that makes this amount of sexy

18. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Mallow, County Cork, Ireland

September 27, 1857 is when my family arrived in Boston on a boat.

My other side of the family is from County Kerry. Ya, I'm about 3/4 Irish.

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, people who are more than 2nd gen Canadians are just weird! Honestly, Canada is for immigrants, so go emigrate! :lol:

I'm a 1st gen Canadian. 1/2 English and 1/2 Estonian. I'm pretty sure my mum's family has been in England for ages although there might be some Scottish in there and my dad's mum might have been German and not Estonian. But I'm not really up on either side's history/genealogy so I just say 1/2 English and 1/2 Estonian and then people either say, "Where the heck is Estonia?" or "Estonia? Cool!"

(In case you were wondering: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...,24.785156&spn=24.07454,55.019531&z=4&iwloc=A )

20. TayTay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well lets see here , I have Franch , Welsh/English, And Austrian , But i can trace my family back almost 400 years, and i'm 100% American , my family was here before America was a country.