1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hallucinations

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Jun 1, 2009.

?

Have you ever had hallucinations?

1. No

25 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Yes, a visual hallucination (seeing)

34 vote(s)
    42.5%
  3. Yes, a tactile hallucination (feeling)

23 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Yes, an olfactory hallucination (smelling)

16 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Yes, a gustatory hallucination (taste)

10 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Yes, an auditoral hallucination (hearing)

36 vote(s)
    45.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

The issue is that an ongoing issue is representative of psychosis. Psychosis can be progressive. The hallucinations might start as something that isn't severe, but can progress.

And then if it gets worse, you might not realize that they aren't real.

2. xCrazyInsanity

I've gotten a better grasp on my mental health/sanity since then..

That happened last year. I'm doing better. To be fair, I may have been high when that happened too. I can't remember. If you knew about other issues, you'd probably say "lock it away". Which is why I don't trust shrinks... I don't want to be locked in a ward, i want to be able to live my life as another human being not so drugged up that I will never get my mind back. (i don't get high anymore, by the way. Again, something I've stopped)
    "mental patients" for this stuff aren't productive members of society. I am now.

behavioral "therapy" can be achieved outside of a shrink's office. :slight_smile:
    I start hallucinating, I make myself get sleep and deal with the stress after 8hrs of rest.*
    Is it perfect? hell no, but it's the difference from shutting down at any noise, and dealing with hallucinations basically 24/7, verses living a normal life with the rare episode.

I still stand by the statement "just havn't been the same since". No one could be the same after some things.
    That doesn't always mean "bad".

Eh, Methinks I've aired enough dirty laundry.

*I normally get 2-6 hours of sleep...:sleep:

3. Beachboi92

When i was at the worst point in my depression i had a hallucination/out of body experience where i was sure some sort of evil girl like (and very creepy/disturbing) figure was trying to kill me and i locked myself in my moms bathroom and curled up in a ball until i fell asleep (no one was home). Thankfully i have not had anything like that since then :grin: just a few moments where you get caught between a dream and being awake and you feel like it is real (then think back and realize it was totally impossible xD)

4. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, what did those wise men say? "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy" WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE / Hamlet Act 1. Scene V

... and as Scrooge would say upon meeting Marely's Ghost: " '...You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!'

I just know that we need to be very careful how we label things in this sad, strange old world of ours :confused: , and more importantly, how we label ourselves and each other.

With respect and love, Stephen :thumbsup:

5. Defraction

Last night (after getting really drunk and sobering up a bit before I slept) I kept dreaming about my ex, and every time he called or texted me in my dream I woke up to find that there was nothing on my phone. :/ This happened at least 10 times.

Don't really know if this counts as a hallucination.

Although on the bus home today I drove past a school and saw kids playing in the playground.

Only it's half-term and looking again there wasn't. :/

6. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

That's a paranoid delusion, not a hallucination.