1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Parker, Apr 26, 2009.

1. NorthToEcho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World <3333
    I don't think I'll ever get sick of it. I've watched it 4 times this week :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Full Metal Jacket
    I haven't seen this in years, I forgot how much I like the drill sargent.

"What the fuck is that!!!!!"

3. Maddoxx

Coraline

Creepy movie, but still pretty good.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO3n67BQvh0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

#1963 Maddoxx, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  4. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, another day off of work, another perfect excuse to have a movie fest! It's too damn cold to do anything else, anyway, plus I'm a huge movie buff. :icon_bigg
    [​IMG]
    This is a pretty spectacular documentary that I think everybody here should see. It's about a man named Joe Wilson who runs a marriage announcement in his home town's newspaper. Since it's a same-sex marriage announcement, of course the bigots get upset over it. He does receive a letter from the mother of a 16 year old boy who had been tormented in school for being gay. Wilson goes back to his hometown to meet the boy named C.J., and does part of the documentary on his life. C.J. is given a camera to record his life. Some of it is comedic, some of what he says is heartbreaking. The film also focuses on a lesbian couple named Rox and Linda who are restoring an old downtown theater who receive opposition from conservative right-wingers. Also, Wilson meets one person who complained about his wedding announcement, who is at least able to respect Wilson through their interaction together. Sorry this is so long, but I highly recommend this film. :icon_bigg
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfpObMuudM4[/YOUTUBE]
    [​IMG]
    Wow, was this a great movie! For those who don't know, it's about an interracial couple who tell their parents they are getting married. Now, this film was made in 1967, so that was big at the time. Sidney Poitier, Spencer Tracy, Katherine Hepburn, and Katherine Houghton are superb in this movie. I can see why it's such a classic, I fell in love with it. Another highly recommended movie!
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a56FnhtuGI[/YOUTUBE]
    [​IMG]
    This is certainly a classic, and I did enjoy it. It's about a socialite (Claudette Colbert) who runs away from her controlling father, and winds up traveling with a journalist (Clark Gable) who wants her story so he can have his job at the newspaper back. Gable was pretty damn charming in this film, and it was very enjoyable. I personally thought it was a little bit overrated, but I still liked it.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALmnUBqbhuo[/YOUTUBE]

5. Krissie

monsters vs aliens. the president was funny :grin:

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Voyage of the Dawn Treader (3rd Narnia movie, but 4th Chronicle)

7. Artemicion

Tangled from Disney. It was rather...interesting but flawed...I say if younger kids (below the age of 13) would love this movie as they would probably go easier into the state of suspended disbelief. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Sparty313

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Despicable Me...it was such a cute movie!! Would def watch it again..im such a sucker for movies like that..lol

9. gaius

gaius Guest

the new narnia...is it wrong that i find edmund hotter than caspian?

10. SwissBoy88

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got full metal jacket on DVD. I forgot how much I love the drill sargent.
    "Oh thats right Private Pyle, Don't make an effort to get to the top of the f:***:ing obstacle. If God had wanted you there he would have miracled your ass up there by now right?!"

12. Ralf

Inception... for the third time :slight_smile:
    the only film where i actually like Leo DiCaprio!

13. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]
    I saw this yesterday. I thought it was absolutely incredible. It is a genre-defying film in every sense of the word. It goes from psychological thriller, to backstage drama film, to art-house flick, to horror film and back again. Natalie Portman gives an incredible, Oscar-worthy performance. You cannot take your eyes off of her. This must have been a truly demanding role to play, and she was brilliant. Mila Kunis (whom I've adored ever since "That 70's Show") plays Portman's rival, and brief lover. Kunis was amazing as well. I, and I think alot of people in the theater sat in stunned silence for a few moments when the film ended. One of the best films of the year. :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs[/YOUTUBE]

14. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My words exactly! Just watched this movie for the third time in theatres! :thumbsup:

15. MMAnick

9 which was good but very much a disapointment over all

Ive seen Scott Pilgrim at least 10 times since i bought it.....its amazing lol. My favorit quote from the movie is "I wanna have his adopted babies." I almost died lol

16. RainbowJay

Saw that as well. It was so intense, Natalie Portman was breathtaking in the movie (and it wasn't just her emaciated appearance) :/

17. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The Muppet's Christmas Carol. My all-time favorite Christmas movie.

18. Possibly Maybe

«Ludwig II» by Luchino Viscontis (1972)

with Helmut Berger as the maddening King of Bayern. The movie is huge, so big it comes in two dvd, and six parts, if I recall correctly. I bought this a few years ago, and watched it and liked it. Now, I hated it, thought it was dragging on for ages and I generally just wanted to slap the actors around:icon_redf

Yes, Helmut Berger gives a heck of a performance, he himself went a bit bananas later in life.. maybe that helped lol. The only bright point in this shebang is the lovely Romy Schneider who renders a much truthful version of Empress Elizabeth of Austria (aka Sisi).

19. Bang Bang

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just watched V for Vendetta (2006) and I honestly could not have loved it more! Natalie Portman was fantastic, and the setting and story line where equally intriguing.

20. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't wait to see it again, and I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out on Blu-Ray. I'm still thinking about it two days later, the film is just stunning. I put it at Number Two on my Best Of The Year movies list, right behind "Toy Story 3." And Natalie Portman must have been very dedicated to the role to become that thin. Poor girl needed a sandwich or something. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I watched the movie "Holiday Inn" last night with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. It's a good, charming film. "White Christmas" is a remake of sorts of "Holiday Inn" (both also have Bing Crosby.) I personally prefer "White Christmas" but "Holiday Inn" is good as well. :slight_smile: