1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Parker, Apr 26, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

Prayers for Bobby..

...:frowning2: And I cried. I felt shivers in several parts as well like I could feel what he was feeling...

----

2. GhostDog

I know it's technically a 3-part miniseries, not a movie, but I am counting Tipping the Velvet because daaaaaaamn. SO GOOD. Love! Heartbreak! Crises! Drama! A happy ending! And a not-insignificant amount of lesbian action!

Also, hot damn Nan is beautiful. <3

Now I need to finish reading the book.

3. Sicsemper79

Saw Avatar.... I think I am the only person on earth, but I hated it. I admit it was visually stunning but I am a sucker for good acting and a well written story. Avatar had neither.

4. Shevanel

Don't worry, I don't even have to see it to know what it will lack. I'm sure it was decent, but it doesn't belong in the IMDB Top 250 -_-

5. GhostDog

"Imagine Me and You"

D'AWWWWWwwwwww. <3

6. Sylver

I saw Gran Torino for the first time tonight. For most of the movie I was kind of hoping that the Hmong (sp?) kid would turn out to be gay, but alas no such luck. God, I am so pathetic! :icon_bigg It would have made for a better plot twist, though.

7. ANightDude

Wow Wow Wow, calm ourselves now.
    Avatar was an absolutley fantastic piece of cinema. It lacked a really clean polished screenplay, but all in all, James Cameron knows how to make a film. It totally deserves to be in the Top 250 (So does Titanic, it at once peaked at #4, but alas, the haters have taken their toll...), because the amount of energy used to make the was extrodenary. James Cameron, you may be a douche in real life, but what a fantasic experince it was.

And I didn't see it in 3D or IMAX. :slight_smile:

8. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with you about "Titanic." (Sorry, I haven't seen "Avatar" yet.) I watched "Titanic" the other night, and it's still a great movie. I sat enthralled in the movie theater watching "Titanic" when I was 11 years old way back in January 1998, and I think it's still a really amazing film. :thumbsup:

I watched "Shelter" and "Hairspray" last night. And of course sang along to all of "Hairspray's"musical numbers, LOL. :lol:

9. ANightDude

Hmm. This could be the start of a good friendship, mi amigo. :slight_smile:
    Titanic is one awe-inspiring experince that very few films manage to achieve, and the film is certainly remembered as a classic and whatnot because of all that went into making of the film. Not to mention tied with winning the most Oscars of all time and being the most successful film is the history of films.

Shelter and Hairspray = Oh yeah. :eusa_clap

10. Up in the Air

Great movie. For me, Anna Kendrick stole the show. Nice to see her getting a meaty role like this instead of her one-note cardboard cutout in the Twilight movies.

11. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

My boyfriend and I just finished the trilogy again. They are absolutely beautiful movies and I can't wait until they come out on Blu-Ray in April!

12. CrystalCat

13. Sylver

No way!!!!!!!! Are you serious?!

I've never figured out why they weren't available on Blu Ray for so long! It's the only reason I've held off on buying a Blu Ray player. I always thought that if the #1 movie of all time (sorry, ANightDude :lol:slight_smile: isn't available on Blu Ray, the technology can't be all that good.

You have totally made my day now - nay, my WEEK!!

:thewave:

14. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Yeah, I got on last night to see if Amazon had The Return of the King to rent (I couldn't find my copy) and I was pleasantly surprised in my search to see that they had finally set a release date for the Blu-Ray. I don't really care too much, but I think some will be sad that it's only the theatrical version that is being released and not the extended version.

15. iLambedil

iLambedil Guest

"Prayers for Bobby" and also I just finished watching the LotR Trilogy about two weeks ago when I was sick! My all time favorite films!! RotK is my fav of the three!!

16. ANightDude

The last movie I tried to watch was Titanic, but curse my computer DVD player...

17. retrograde

retrograde Guest

The premiere of House of Bones on SyFy last night. Then later tonight I'm gonna watch The Prestige.

18. Zach1992

I also wathed Prayers for Bobby. I have never cried more over a movie.

I had just seen Avatar the day before so this was a complete 180 for Weaver.

19. ANightDude

It's like being in heaven, isn't it? That woman, I swear. She must be the real Moses. xD

20. Zach1992

I really do just love her. From a bad ass alien ass kicker, to the warden of a detention camp, to a scientist trying to save an entire planet, to a religious zealot causing her son's suicide.

She can do anything.

Right now she is filming 'G-String Mother' where she plays Gypsy Rose Lee in her later life.

#940 Zach1992, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010