1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What religion are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lychee, Mar 3, 2009.

?

What religion are you?

1. Agnostic

29 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. Atheist

25 vote(s)
    16.9%
  3. Buddhist

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. Christian (any)

50 vote(s)
    33.8%
  5. Jew

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. Hindu

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  7. Muslim

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pastafarian

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. Sikh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Spiritualist

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  11. Other

12 vote(s)
    8.1%
  12. None

17 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. bex22

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i went for "none" as atheism has so many political, anti-religious connotations, rather than its literal meaning, which is just rejections of deities. i guess i could say i'm spiritual... as i think spirituality can come in any form. i love the outdoors and i'm constantly fascinated by people... does that count?

2. BeautifulStranger

I chose 'other'
    I'm a Chenotologist
    That means I believe that Kristin Chenoweth sang the world and everything we know into existance.
    It's a very accepting religion. We love you if you're gay, straight, transgendered... Whatev.

Kristin loves all.

3. Daniel

Yay Catholicism!

4. RaRa

While my parents would LOVE for me to say Armenian Apostolic, no.

I'm none.

5. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I follow only the teachings of Christ, not the bible, I believe every faith is valid and is meant to be mixed into the pot. I believe in love and understanding as being the fundamental ingredient to living. I mix all that with the teachings/philosphy of Eckhart Tolle and Robert Burney (The Power of Now, The New Earth and The Dance of Wounded Souls). Basically I believe we are all Spiritual Beings Having an Earth Experience...

6. olides84

7. jotheoneandonly

i'm a recently made christian. thats the first time i've ever said that. oh well, anotherone for the big list in the sky. i want to say thank you to jo, even though she probably won't read this.

8. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

I think it is because it is based on faith -- faith in there being nothing beyond what we know.

9. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

Christian. I was raised an atheist, and my Christianity is a result of rational, intellectual, and emotional labour. The fact that I live in a predominantly "Christian" country is, I truly believe, coincidence (n.b. I don't think you can be "born Christian", and

10. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

[oops... cont:]

and I am ashamed of the loudest Christians). Christ Himself does not encourage hatred or judgement. I wish there was no "God hates fags", nothing like that.

"We would have no more quarrel with the devil or barrel
    but kiss them and give them both drink and apparel." (William Blake)

But alas that will never happen and I find it so upsetting that so many wonderful people are put off religion - or worse still of God altogether - because of loud, ill-informed, and ignorant voices.

This isn't meant to be controversial or risky or anything like that - just my opinion on my religion.

11. xequar

I voted Atheist.

I was raised in the conservative Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, and for awhile, I was a bible-beating evangelical. Right after college, my life fell apart, and I discovered that my Christian upbringing had left me completely unprepared to deal with actual life challenges. Finally, my faith shattered severely enough that I had loaded a shotgun and was going to kill myself. After I unloaded the gun, I started trying to reassemble the pieces of my formerly strong faith, but after a couple of years of searching for answers, I finally broke away from the abusive relationship that was Christianity.

Although I voted Atheist, in reality, I now describe myself as somewhere between Atheism, Agnosticism, and Pantheism. I don't worship or believe that there are any gods, but I do ascribe some higher spiritual aspects to the Universe, mostly in the realms of spiritual energies and the like. I don't worship them or try to manipulate them or attempt to have them manipulate me or intercede on my behalf. I am, and that's enough.

For a bit of fun, check out this link. It's a sort of tongue-in-cheek take on religions based on one's MTBI Personality Type. I am an ENFP, and I personally think that mine fits me really rather well :lol:

http://player2000gi.exofire.net/religion_and_type.htm

12. Greggers

Tyler i want to get in on this religion o_o Sign me up!

13. Like Corina mentioned atheism and agnosticism aren't religions so a more appropriate umbrella for those would be not religious. Now that I'm done being a Debbie Downer =] I voted atheist.

14. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I am one too, I pray to my statue of glinda every day...hahaha

15. TheRoof

16. jman1013

jman1013 Guest

Good ol' Roman Catholic, born n bred. However, I am not pushed into it anymore it is purely my own choice, just not looking forward to explaining this one to the priest at confession!

17. Nodnarb

While it isn't a religion, these are pretty much my thoughts as well^

18. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unfortunately, what you think or would like to think is not always what is. Atheism has absolutely zero "tenants" other than the rejection of belief in deities. Most atheists I know don't have this "faith in nothing beyond what we know" that you talk about, but take a position of "there are some things I do not know, and I will try as hard as I can to learn them".

19. Apocalypte

My mum would love for me to put Roman Catholic down here, but I'm atheist. Have been since I was about 12.

+1 to the "not a religion, simply an absence of beliefs" comments.

20. Markio

I said Christian, out of habit's sake. I mostly believe in their being God. I believe in hope and kindness and many of the things Jesus preached, although I'm not sure whether I believe if he's the Messiah. I almost feel it doesn't change the love he advocated/spread, though.