1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado Senator says Gay = Murder

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Hoppip, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Hoppip

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsQZiKyJgmw&eurl=http://www.progressnowcolorado.org/page/content/renfroepop&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

[ http://www.progressnowcolorado.org/page/s/NoHateState&source=ccemail02242009&subsource=callouttext ]

So basically, if you click that link right there, you can go to a page where you can send an anonymous comment to Scott Renfroe. Tell him his actions are unconstitutional. :3

2. Greggers

Wow Sean, that makes me feel bad. :frowning2: He does not know me and he already hates me rofl

I love how a Senator can defend not giving health care to Americans. Cause nothing is more American than taking away health care from certain groups of people based on a throw of the dice when they were born!

3. Amy

Amy

What a fucking douchebag.
    I have no other words.

4. Nugget

These people are murderers.

Murdering is bad.

C'MON, BOYS, LET'S SHOOT 'EM!!!!!!!1 GIT 'ER DUN!!! :eusa_danc

5. It's a wonder he's only a state senator and not something important like a US Senator. I'm not surprised though, look at the area of the country. The mountain states are definitely better than the South but there are still a lot of backwards people who get far too much attention.

6. Bunny

Urge...

to kill...

rising...

7. Fiender

Violence isn't the answer. Just laugh at this buffoon and be comfortable with the fact that you are better than him.

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I sent in an email after reading this on another site. Reminds me of Chris Buttars and all the other nutcase fundies in the US Government who think certain people should be denied rights by random chance.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Homophobic politicians in Colorado? When'd THIS start?

Lex

10. Chronocide

I disagree. Violence is in fact the answer, when all other peaceful means fail... Then again, I enjoy playing Grand Theft Auto.

I don't quite understand people like this. As my mom says, "Some people are just so homophobic, they must be hiding something."

11. Bunny

Didn't say I'd actually do it (wouldn't want to prove him right) but...I'd like to.

12. Nitro

If the senator's comments are typical, he is a logic lightweight that defies gravity. His numerological observation of all things consisting of three identifiable parts that form a whole being good based on the idea of the Trinity is rather interesting. Perhaps he supports man+woman+other threesomes too. Interesting that he does not explain how this observation, or much of anything else he had to say is relevant to the task at hand - unless, of course, it was not to discuss the bill but to launch a career in comedy. Healthcare coverage was being debated; why not talk about costs, or responsibilities as an employer? At least the man could find a bible verse related providing health services (something Jesus did free of charge many times while spreading his message).

One could go ranting about what was said, but I feel it is more important to have a clear idea of how to react. We certainly don't need a new martyr for Focus on the Family and similar minded groups. I don't know enough about the senator to suggest anything drastic (lest we shoot a Ned Flanders) but comedy is always a safe way to expose folly.

13. edogs334

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree, there are a lot of backward people in the South and in the Mountain states who get a lot of attention. But as someone who grew up in and lived in MA for a long time, I'd like to add that you don't have to look very far (in MA) to find people who would agree with this guy. Sure, maybe they're less vocal about their beliefs, but I've personally met people in MA who are just as conservative as anyone from the Bible belt. However, I'd agree that I'd feel more comfortable holding hands with another guy in Boston than I would in any other area of NC.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>If the senator's comments are typical, he is a logic lightweight...

He's doing a little something called "playing to the core". It involves saying things that he may or may not believe in, but will probably mobilize and solidify his base. Come election time, the conservative, gay-fearing people will remember his "brave stance" against the "wave of immorality", and vote him back in.

Does he believe in the homophobia he spouts? Hard to tell - he's a politician after all. But it does beg the question - which is worse? A homophobe in elected office, or a guy who really isn't homophobic, but pretends to be just to get votes?

Lex

15. davo-man

I'm sorry, I must be having technical difficulties; when I put that vid on all I hear is:

"BLAH BLAH BLAH I'M A MORON"

...Or is that what you're getting too?

16. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Yup I got that too..lol

17. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

Well, I'm just glad i live in the UK, But i support the U.S in the mission to...KICK THE WBC (and Co's) ASS!! Jesus, They are MENTAL.
    Peace.

18. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps this is his way of coming out? :eek:

Either that or he's a moron who needs to look at the logic (or lack of, tis more hypocritical) in that commenttttt.

19. Kat22

Ugh! I could not believe this. I am in the process of moving to Colorado, and you better believe that I wrote dear Scotty a letter.

20. jangel

people are so rediculous. I am a pary of our local equality group equality maine and recently I was online researching the website of our opponants. There was a woman who was ranting and raving (she was leader of this group) that gay people were meant to pro-create and make children.I had to laugh some gay people still choose to have their own biologial children but......isnt it awful that we want to adopt all the abandoned and forgotten children of the world!....isn't it awful that we want to love the orphans of crack head straight people (who were allowed to marry LOL) and we are not bringing a ton of new kids into the world...its awful someone stop us LOL