1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would YOU say to someone if...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Greggers, Feb 9, 2009.

1. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i'd say "it says in the bible: thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live. why are you poisoning your words with hatred towards gays? it also says in the bible that only God can bring judgement upon humans, but you're judging me because of my sexuality?"

2. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I completely agree. i've met some pretty horrible Christians in my time, so people should try to improve themselves instead of telling others to improve, because that's just hypocritical.

3. gkacarl

gkacarl Guest

just walk away (laughing)
    or tell them they have no right shoving their beliefs on you,
    then walk away before they say anything so they can think about
    it

4. TraumaJunkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually go with something like, "I don't presume to know what God's thinking. I respect different interpretations of the Bible, but that's what it all is...interpretation. It's what PEOPLE have to say about things. I'll do my best here and leave the judging to God."

5. AlmightyFluffy

I would mention that the same part of Leviticus that hates on gays, also says that cotton-polyester blends and shellfish are abominations. I don't think that stops people from having shrimp cocktails on friday nights.

If that doesn't work I'd just say that if God wanted me otheriwse he would have created me otherwise.

6. Techcompu2

just wondering, but how long didi it take you to type that out? and which version of the bible is that from?

7. grapevine fires

Honestly I'd shrug and walk away. Their thoughts don't really affect me, since I'm "doomed to hell" anyway for everything I've done :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Besides, I don't really believe in heaven or hell (although if I had to choose, I'd go to hell, since there would be many good musicians and artists, as well as some very interesting people.)

8. Greggers

Just a little update for everyone, since this topic keeps getting noticed and replied to hehe...

I was looking for something to say to a bible-thumping "friend" of mine. I went to high school with him and hes friends with all my friends, so i cannot just say...

- Fuck you.
    - I dont believe so i dont care
    - Or any variation of that

...i still want to be on GOOD terms with the person, just so that all my other friends dont have to "pick whos side they are on". I hate stirring things up between friends because of something i did :frowning2: I found a few useful things through these posts, so thank you. I have some verses written down to combat him for being judgmental or not accepting and i have some good quotes about the subject too. Basically, i keep a word document of all the things i can say to him when he decides to freak out on me. Its only a matter of time before this "friend" confronts me about living an openly gay lifestyle. Once he does he will waste no time telling me all the horrible things that ive heard over and over from people like him. However, i think im ready to fight back. But i will do it in a respectful way that hopefully will cause him to think twice about the subject.

Again, i just want to say thank you for alot of the "tips" but i dont think alot of this is very respectful to say to someone who really does not know any better. I should have clarified in the first post that it was someone i didnt want to offend (i think i did, but oh well!)

9. Sarah

id say "Well if that's what you think I can't stop you from thinking that, but God didn't personally write the bible and tell us what we would have to do and not do to not be damned to hell, and God is loving and made us in HIS image. So by hating on me and every other person you hate on you also hate on God"

10. Crackajack

Crackajack Guest

Honestly, Kick em where it hurts "trying having kids now..." or do any of the other above :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't believe in god, and if he doesn't like me, why doesn't he make a tree fall on me or anything, i thought he was all loving? or was that Jesus?

11. Larry Myster

You know this is weird. this happend the other day to me.

A co-worker of mine said I wasnt gay, tryen to say subjective things to me. I was like, "you know what (since she is cathlic) I don't care if gay is a 'sin' or whatever, those word are flas and propaganda, who ever wrote the bible had his own belifes like anyother induvidual, he believed that homos go to hell and is a sin, I believe myself that when wrote this he wasnt thinking, because we discrimination. Yes I'm chirstan, but doesnt mean i go directly the bible, its a guide, not discriminator."

A week later so, I have another cathlic co-worker that is really religious, and she told me that gay isnt a sin, you choose to be who you are, and god always forgive all his children. Gay isnt a sin, its a type of lifstyle were all (of EC) born or choosed in life.

12. ACDC

Without wanting to repeat many of the opinions here, i would simply point to the west wing (one of my favourite programmes) for the best putdown of such a christain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWuXpfXSl5Y- I can only give the link cos youtubes broken on my laptop :frowning2: