1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[The Walrus] Do Do Do Looking out my Backdoor [is Coming Out]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by InaRut, Jan 31, 2009.

1. InaRut

Well, I'm sure I totally misused a CCR song...I just like the idea of Looking Out My Backdoor. And if you got any problems with that, then we can either fight or I'll use a more inappropriate song title like, "What What in The Butt."

Hahaha okay, Laughing time is OVA.

So basically it seems that within the past few weeks I've been coming out of the closet to just random people. I can say that alot of this is the fault of the gay club I've been going to.--- but honestly, It doesn't bother me at all. I even kind of enjoy it because now it's getting a little easier for me to say, "I'm Gay."

You see the other day I was sitting in class--on MSN :icon_redf (Sorry EC Moms-but the Prof was going on for like 30 minutes review from Last Lecture haha) and then all of a sudden my good friend Jen from back home sent me a msg, "Hey What's Up?"
    "Nothing."
    "Is there any gay bars in St. Catherines?"
    "Rando Question."
    "Well I saw a picture of you on Facebook and it looked like you were in a gaybar. It's cool."
    -Phil's heart beat goes up-
    "Okay."
    "It's cool if you were."
    "I was."
    "Okay. Cool."
    "I got to pay attension to lecture now. But MSG me later if you want to talk."
    Later that night I told her I was gay. She said, "It's cool with whatever choice you make. Your still my friend. etc etc etc."
    and I was like, "It's not a choice."
    Then I vented to her about problems with me and mother...as an excuse as to why I didn't tell her earlier. I just told her that basically after comming out to Mom the events that followed was what caused me to lose alot of my confidence.
    Which is true. I'm definatly not as confident in myself as I use to be. I mean it takes a lot of confidence for me to say, "I'm gay. Oh well." Well first it was, "I'm Bi, oh well."

Anyways so now Jen back home knows I'm gay. I wasn't quite ready for someone in Brockville to know my sexuality but I don't really care. As long as I can keep my comming out under control then I'm good.

So for the next person (last night),
    I went to a Brock Pride, "Flaming Night Out" Bon Fire last night. Roasted some marshmellows, ate some s'mores then was ready to head to the gay bar. The only problem is, now my jacket smelled like camp fire. (Love that smell BTW).

So I'm standing in Brock University. Being playfully flirtatious [Honestly!] with a gay friend who was comming with me when a girl I know from around residents comes waltzing on in. So I back away from the guy who's chin I was stroking and walk up to her and said, "Hey, how are you doing?"

*Sniff Sniff-Smells jacket* "Oh you went to the flaming night out?"
    "Uhh..."
    "I didn't know you were with Pride."
    -I think to myself, oh to hell with it- "Yea."
    "Bisexual?"
    "Try homosexual."
    And so now she knows too. And I don't care. As long as I can keep the amount of times I have to come out undercontrol.

But the coolest thing about that scenario, is how EASY it was. It was so strange. :eusa_danc

Other updates
    -School is going---Okay.
    -I thought I'd spend the night dancing with bisexuals and lesbians all night but it turns out that I'm really good at flirting? I didn't think so. But uhmm I was having a simple conversation with a guy and I ended up dancing with him on the dancefloor and getting called, "Really cute." and all these nice things. However, I didn't really hook up with him for 2 reasons. 1) I may be a nice guy, but I don't thrive on being Easy :eusa_danc 2) There's someone else: And I told him this, and he was...sorta understanding.

And the other (majorly hot guy) just a simple look. I looked at him. He looked at me. And I was like, "uuhhh...Okay..." So I waved. Then we kept matching glances on the dancefloor...then we got to get into a pretty nice conversation. He was a pretty chill guy. :confused: I kinda feel bad about not getting his number or saying, "See you next friday."

I did wave goodbye though. And that's something right?

ANYWAYS that's all folks!
    :dry: Back to being busy and stuff.

2. JustAnotherName

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yay :grin: Congratulations of the comings out Phil (*hug*)

3. pirateninja

Yayz for the Walrus! :grin:

I'm tempted to start up a never-ending "I'm not your fwiend, buddeh" conversation again in celebration.

4. InaRut

If you do I'll send Guinea Bees at you.

5. panda

But seriously Mr.Walrus. does this make you a c*** teaser??

Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me??

6. InaRut

:astonished:
    So if I'm not part of the S-Club (S of course standing for Slu*) then I'm a Cockodoodle-Doo Tease?

7. biisme

Wow..... good going walrus!

Seriously Phil, congratulations on coming out to those people. And, it sounds like you're having an awesome time. I'm jealous of you.

*remembers the "straight" pills she used to feed the walrus*

8. Courtneyyy

It definitely makes it easier when they ask. The first person I came out to asked me if I was into girls and I said yes. It was a lot easier than me saying I'm gay, or I like girls.

9. TriBi

Onya Phil. :eusa_clap :thumbsup:

Maybe the moral of the story is:
    Don't argue when a two tonne marine mammal with tusks and whiskers (and probably bad fishy breath :wink:) tells you they're Gay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh - and no doubt someone has posted this before - but, if not, I thought you might like it.:grin:
    [YOUTUBE]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=DDg7kWgs5e0[/YOUTUBE]

10. 1974

Congrats

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I remember the day when you were so terrified of going to college Phil! Look at you! Having a great time and coming out to random people.... WOW! :slight_smile:

12. EM68

Congrats! Thats cool.

13. Fiorino

Well-that's awesome! I'm glad that you're enjoying yourself,
    I like to hear happy ending stories.
    (*hug*)