1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm done.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by steveo, Dec 25, 2008.

1. steveo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know I haven't posted in a while but things got hectic for a bit = /. Anyways I just spent the bulk of my Christmas eve and early Christmas morning listening to my parents fight with my drunk out of his mind brother while trying to console my crying sister. I didn't cry in front of her but when I tried to go to bed I did. Whenever my brother comes home from college for a holiday he always ends up ruining it. And its just not that there have been issues for years. I just don't care about any of this anymore I feel like if I even hinted at me being gay it would be the straw that broke the camels back and my family would split up. I just want to get out but I can't. I don't know what to do.

I hope you guys have a better Christmas than mine :icon_sad:

2. Squishyface

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ow, sucks to hear that. My Christmas has been pretty hectic too.. I'm not going to go into the details O.O GL with whatever you decide on your sexuality though

3. HighintheClouds

Hey... Don't worry man... Just hold on in there ok? If you need any help I'm sure that any one of us will be fine with talking to you and just being a listening ear.

I don't suppose that it would be very tactful to wish you a merry Christmas so what I'm going to do is to wish you a merry future instead. And may your future Christmasses be better. =)

4. biisme

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

I'm so sorry.

Will things calm down after the Holidays? Will you have a chance to tell your family then?

5. MedGuy211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's a really rough situation man. We're all here for you if you ever want to vent/ talk about anything. I guess the small silver lining is that the holidays are going to end. Maybe things will calm down then. Hang in there man. Do you have a friend or someone outside your family that you can talk to face to face about all this?

6. steveo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry I couldn't get back to this thread that quick it is still pretty hectic around here. For the most part though I'm past what happened on Christmas. I don't get upset when I think about it anymore but the tension is still there between my parents and my brother. Even though it has passed I still have other things I'm down about. School is really rough for me. I was always a shy and quiet kind of person and just being at school really sucks because I don't fit in much because I don't like go out and get drunk and party. It's really a combination of a lot of things in school but I can't seem to find the right way to verbalize it.

And as to talking to someone in real life I don't think that's going to happen. Everyone just sweeps their problems under the rug and when they do get brought up its very awkward and someone always tries to change the subject. A lot of my friends are very homophobic also so that doesn't help either.

Really I'm just waiting for the day I can move away from here. I almost dropped out of school this semester but I just tried to keep going because now this year is halfway over. I've already started saving up money also so I can move out as soon as possible. I guess I'm just impatient :dry: