1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror movies that make you uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BeautifulStranger, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Don't even speak of that film xD Ive never felt so icky while watching a movie.

2. jazzrawr

All of them. D:
    I have never in my life enjoyed a horror movie.

3. If any of you are claustrophobic i recommend watching Cube. You will have a great time!:thumbsup:

4. YES!

Magic is a terrific film, and it really is best to go into it without knowing anything about it in advance.

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. So simple, and so effective. "You've gotta save yourselves from yourselves." Love it.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ditto! I never could watch a horror movie. :slight_smile:

6. Harve

Oh god yeah, the turtle scene is just insane! I saw it when i was 12 too, big mistake.

But for some reason horror films don't make feel properly uncomfortable, mostly. It's probably because i can't imagine it happening away from a screen, in real life. I mean, the very best of them can be terrifying but they don't make me fear for my life or get paranoid or anything.

7. Johnnieguy

Parts of "Candyman" creeped me out.

8. bailey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    horror movies are freaking AMAZING. i love them so much! the only "horror" movies i am uncomfortable watching are the SAW series haha those are gruesome!

9. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

I'm not lying: Horror movies make me laugh my ass off. They don't scare me at all. I find them better than comedies some times.

10. Shevanel

You're watching the wrong horror movies. Seriously. xD

11. Cube will always hold a special place in my heart <3

12. Shevanel

Me too. Seriously <3

13. The ending is great too. Maybe i'm dumb, but i wasn't expecting the one guy to become like a rapist villian at the end xD

14. I love movies that do that, where people are put in a desperate situation, and their true personalities come out. Like in The Mist, where one of the characters says, "Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?" Horror movies that make you question the world around you -- those are the ones that make me most uncomfortable.

15. Shevanel

Not exactly a horror movie. Sort of.

But in Lost Highway.

The party scene.

If you saw it, you know what I'm talking about. v_v

16. riddlerno1

I usually like horror films but Stephen Kings IT. i saw that when i was 12 and i have never seen it since. That films scares me sensless. I couldnt sleep for weeks after that. It was then i realised the censor ratings on filsm are there for a reason.

17. Emberstone

I love psychological horror films that don't rely on gore or shock value, but on emotion and the nature of true fear.

ones that make me uncomfortable are the twilight movies. they are like a slasher film killing the English langauge, and world storytelling tradition.

It terrifies the English student within me.

18. Shevanel

I'm bringing this back purely because no one mentioned in it in this thread before.

Funny Games.
    (Sadly I haven't seen the German original, but I would like to, even though the American remake has Naomi Watts (<3) in it and it's a shot for shot remake made by the same exact director)

THis is one of those few movies that really does make me feel uncomfortable. The silence of it. The seeming innocence of the 2 dudes. It's just fucking weird as hell. And the TV remote scene, if you know what I'm talking about. Just kinda makes you feel like you can't win ...

19. wherewulfe

i love my horror movies, however lately i haven't seen an actual horror movie that scares me. The Saw series is just gore and a dude pretending he's not playing god (i will say the first and second movies were awesome). anything that is all about how digusting they can make a movie (human centipede) just gives me the impression of "HEY LOOK AT ME". that only leaves a few movies to go around. The first two alien movies terrified me only because you felt the absolute dread of being purely alone with something that absolutely hates you.

In recent memory the slenderman videos on youtube have been freaking me out. Tribe Twelve and Marble Hornets (two series that use the slenderman myth) actually freaked me out enough to be scared walking around my own house in the dark, which is something i do every night.

#79 wherewulfe, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  20. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I looove horror movies, I love the ones where they make your heart pound :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But the only ones that makes me uncomfortable, are the ones that don't make sense, with crazy looking people. Like monsters and stuff don't scare me.

For example there was this film I watched, when I was a kid, I think its from, Tales of the Crypt, wheres this family, they look the same and they marry each other, and the scenes were so dull the lighting so dull, etc... I don't know crazy people seem to scare me more than anything, like that little shit from Wrong turn, that laughs like a maniac.

And old horror movies are much scarier than the present ones now

#80 Z3ni, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2010