1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About a Boy...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trumpetplyer23, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

Ah, another crush thread, but this ones a bit different.

I have a crush on this guy. He's smart, funny, good-looking, well-spoken, and athletic. I met him this year in my French 2 class. His name is Chris.

Chris sits next to me and we talk all the time. We even have our own 'secret' high-five. He calls me his 'best friend', 'favorite friend', and 'my hero'. I can make him laugh and he can make me laugh.

Yesterday (the last day before Thanksgiving Break) we talked for about an hour on Myspace. I know that doesn't sound like it's a big deal, but for me to talk to someone for a straight hour is pretty cool. I sent him a funny picture and he said that he'd keep it in his back pocket for safe keeping (it was a picture about how to survive a zombie outbreak). So, we start talking about random things and he ends up saying, "yeah, the only thing that sucks about Thanksgiving break is that I can't talk to you and [this other guy in our class]." So I say, "We can talk on here. I mean, it's not the best but at least we're talking." and he says, "I know. It's just not the same." We eventually started talking about ninjas and he wants me to teach him my ninja skills.

He also said I was a badass 'cause I play the trumpet. He used to play, but he quit for unknown reasons.

I mean, I'm not very good at knowing when people like me. They have to have a neon sign above their head that says so. Also, I don't want to ask him out all of a sudden. I mean, I know he's single and everything, but I certainly wouldn't want anyone surprising me like that. So I guess my question is, what do you think about the situation, how do I go about flirting with him, and what would be the best time to ask him out?

As for the best time, I don't need a perfect time, but I don't want to wait too long or ask too quickly. :help:

2. pianomike

I've found that when I'm trying to figure out if someone likes me or i like someone and we are good friends, I might try to find that "perfect moment" but it usually happens when i least suspect it.
    Just let the relationship run the course and see what happens.
    It sound like he really likes you, and when you can talk to someone for long periods of time and not be bored of each other, then it sound like a start of something.
    Hope it all works out!!!!

3. Time

I would continue the friendship a little bit longer, not elevating it any further than that, and if you're nervous or whatever, see where he takes it. :slight_smile:

4. Trumpetplyer23

It's been awhile.

Anyways, a bit of an update.

So, at my school, we have two exam days. We take half of our exams the first day and the other half the next day. After exams, we can go home. The days are half-days. Now, since my parents work and I'm too young to drive, I'd have to stay at the school (booooo).

So, I mentioned it to Chris (who drives a sweet classic car, I might add), and he says, "Well, if you need a ride home, I'll give you a ride both days. You live right around the corner". I said "Thanks, dude." and offered to give him gas money, but he said it was all right.

He also did a survey on Myspace. The question was, 'do you think you're wasting your time on the person you like?' He put, 'no, because we're friends'.

I dunno, sounds like he likes me :slight_smile:

5. george678

Maybe but it is probaly just a friend thing.
    :wink:

6. coriolis

coriolis Guest

It's very hard to tell. I'm ridiculously bad myself. I was convinced that a guy in college liked me, (and I definitely liked him) but it turns out that he isn't gay, and he has a girlfriend....:icon_sad:

I would say don't rush into anything. Yake your time, and try figure out whether or not he likes you. If you reeeeeeally like him, maybe you should just go for it. I don't know.

7. Pendrin2020

My recommendation is to go to "friends: level two" where you hang out at places outside of school to see if there is enough there to keep you two busy in person without all the distractions of myspace and school, from there just see if it works or if things get awkward. doesn't have to be just the two of you just get out of familiar environments.

I Knew this girl in High School who I was crushing over so bad, turned out that outside of school, she really didn't want to talk to anyone. Like the moment she left campus, or the internet, her personality switch hit the off position.

Test the waters and proceed with caution.

8. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You situation sounds exactly like mine. Exactly. Do you know if he is gay?

9. Pendrin2020

That would kinda suck cuz' she's totally a girl. Trumpetplayer I mean.

10. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AH! OMG, I apologize profusely!!! I made too quick of an assumption, I think partially based on our oddly similar screen names (trumpet is awesome, BTW) and because my mind has been on my current situation.

I hope I didn't offend you or anything!

In that case though, it sounds like he may be interested. I'd go with everyone else in saying that I'd develop the friendship a little further first, so that you can build that trust. The relationship will happen naturally and organically in all likelihood.

Best of luck. (And I am so sorry!)

11. Trumpetplyer23

It's okay, don't worry.

Yeah, my plans were to keep our status as friends until I was sure about everything.

Maybe after exams I'll hang out with him, I dunno.

Oh, and trumpet is awesome.