1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could make someone love you, would you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Peter

No. I would like to make someone lust for me when I lust for them. But I need to think of the question the other way around: could I love someone like that afterwards?
    Of course, there is another way of understanding the question. Yes, I would be willing to do what it takes (romance, humour, work-out...) to make someone fall in love with me willingly.

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love isn't a magic potion. I don't believe there would be anything to gain from making someone love you because the reasons these things are destined to either happen or not happen are because we, as souls, are sent to Earth to learn lessons. If I made someone love me that wasn't ever destined to, neither of us would gain anything in the long term because we won't have learnt the lessons that we were meant to.

For example, perhaps I might be destined to be heartbroken by someone who says they don't like me that way because I'm supposed to learn a lesson and grow from it. If I were to make that person love me, I wouldn't learn that lesson so I wouldn't be able to grow from it. Hence I say no, I wouldn't make someone fall in love with me.

3. Rygirl

If there was any chance that a guy would fall in love with me then yeah, I would pursue it, but to me the word love seems to have been watered down too much, like at my old school people used to say that they loved each other and exchange rings and everything, then three months later they would be broken up. I think that if someone were to love me enough to never want to be with anyone else then I would want them to come to it on their own terms, otherwise I would never be able to shake the huge feeling of guilt.

4. Helen

Helen Guest

To be perfectly honest, I would.

Well, in my current state, mentally and social-status-ly, I would. I'm incredibly paranoid about what people really think of me, which I know is a terrible habit, but I just can't seem to shake it off. So I think I would be able to gain a sort of relief from knowing for SURE that this person loved me, because I made it happen. In reference to the made-up-word "social-status-ly" :slight_smile:p) I don't think I'm worthy to have a boyfriend in my year, to be honest, if you use the criteria required to be an attractive girl at my school. I'm not even going to mention girlfriends, because that's just not going to happen here, for obvious reasons.

I think, once I'm in a better place, with people I get along with better, and with all of my good friends closer to me, then no, I certainly wouldn't, I'd be much happier with my own ability to attract people rather than force it. Just right now, I would probably consider it.

5. BeautifulStranger

Mike already loves me...
    I guess I would just make sure he loves me forever and he never leaves me.

Maybe it's selfish, but he means the world to me.
    He's my heart and soul. My voice and my song.

Being so far away from him makes me feel like a giant part of me is missing. I hate the feeling so much.

6. lexie

i dont know. i dont think i would because it wouldnt feel right. id want them to feel that way freely themselves. id never want to feel someone was there because i made them.

although i cant be sure, i might think different if i was in love with someone at the moment, but im not.

7. Jerr

Yes, by that I mean I'd change myself into something they would love.

8. Amy

Amy

I can't wait!

Midsummer Night's Dream and Shakespeare in Hollywood are two of my favourite plays, and I have a feeling that Were the World Mine will become one of my favourite movie musicals. I know the dangers in forcing love.

I could never force someone to love me. I couldn't keep the secret that it wasn't real either.

9. ok455

I honestly don't know i don't want someone else forcing me to fall in love with them. And lets said i did it and the guy did something i dint like and he never told me? i am pretty much stuck with him. I also think its more exciting meeting someone getting to know them we become friends and then when its right to ask him out.

10. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry im self-righteous and a hopless romantic so no i could never do that. Beside were would all the fun be if you could just snap your fingers and *poof* someone loves you. It would be love for all the wrong reasons.

11. SpacerX

I think I would. The whole meaning of love is total, unconditional affection -no matter what. Even if the immoral aspect of forcing someone's will overwhelms you with guilt and you tell all, wouldn't they still love you?

Love is love, natural or forced. Stockholm Syndrome anyone?

PS. I'm not comparing this thread with SS.

12. Trystan

hmm... tricky one
    I understand your reasoning, SpacerX, but I'm not sure I'd like the thought that they only love me because I'd made them - in whatever way. I would feel that maybe I wansn't good enough, that they couldn't love me before because I didn't have the right qualities.
    However, I'd be the one better off with a bf lol

Although there was Tom Riddle's mother in Harry Potter... Who made that love potion to get Tom Riddle Senior to love her. Then she stopped giving it to him cos she thought he must love her by then, and he left her :O Yes I know it's not real but it's similar

13. Goliath

It's so hard to answer this question.

Loving someone as a friend can worth more to you than real love. It's so different. You always have the option to be friends, cherish that.

14. pianomike

i might, there is one person i wished he would feel the same way about me as i do him, but it's not happening.... *sigh*

15. RENThead

i wouldnt

if i had that 'power' i would make it possible for that person to spend more time with me, get to know each other... then, if she fell in love with me than great...
    if not, then meh - id have to toughen up and get over it.