1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well i just did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by James2612, Nov 22, 2008.

1. James2612

Hi All,

Firstly i really need to thank every one on this site for the storys and support! I am not sure i would have done this had it not been for this site!

Well, i told 1 friend tonight and she was really good about it! Which i knew she would! I just found it hard to say!!
    So any ways its now 3am and i just sent a text to every one on my phone book! Thats friends, family and few work people!! So every one now knows!

Not sure i did the right thing!!

I feel sick and am still in shock that i have just done it..... What was i thinking!

Sorry if this is all ramble but i am trully shocked that i actually did it!!

Well no turning back now!!!:help:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well that's one way to come out! You get it over with all at once! lol I'm glad your friend took it well and I hope it goes as well with the rest of your friends and family.

3. Wow good for you for doing it all at once!

4. Good luck! It must be very nerve-wracking.

I think that's how I'm gonna do it. Just tell everyone at the same time.

5. James2612

Thanks for all the comments....

I must say i am pleased to get it all done in one go.... But i dont advise doing at 3am..lol... its a long long wait till people reply!! lol

6. EM68

Congrats! Have you gotten any replies?

7. Jesse Jinx

Congrats. Good for you that you had that much courage. :grin:

Hope to hear more on how they took it.

8. riddlerno1

well congrats mate, i suppose that way gets rid of that anxiety that happens everytime you have to tell each individual person! but well done cos the moment its out there it can be such a big relief!!

9. Larry Myster

Good Job buddy!

10. dboy8002

dboy8002 Guest

Hey. This is hard for me, but here goes. I've just accepted that I am gay after years and years of frustration and hatred towards myself. I've been so confused all of my life. I just graduated high school last year and I am now in college. I was so happy to finally get away from high school. People use to always say things to me like "Are you gay?" and just things like such to force me to say yeah I 'm gay. I never thought much about it. It was like other people knew, but I didn't or I did and just wouldn't accept it. The college I'm going to now is really open to gays and I just couldn't fight my homosexuality anymore. It feels good to finally be true with myself. The thing is now I am still in the closet. I've tried to come out to a friend, but got too nervous to even though I know she will be accepting becaue she has a gay brother. I think that she already knows actually I'm pretty sure that she does and is just waiting for me to just tell her. I really need her support because coming out to my parents is going to be REALLY hard. What should I do?

11. slkayley

Well done.

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! That's quite the coming out. :slight_smile: Did you get any responses? I hope it went well. Let us know....

13. Kid Quasar

Heh, I thought I was being risky with writing my coming out message on my hoodie, what you did was really brave, although you might not have been thinking clearly(Not even I can think straight at 3 in the morning), but I hope it goes well, remember, if it doesn't go as plan, there is always your friend you told, and your friends here at EC!

14. Peter

Wow! I am really impressed with that one. Hope that you get good responses and support from most people.:eusa_clap

15. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To dboy8002,

Admitting it to yourself is the first step towards being happy. Coming out is the next. It sounds like you've come to terms with it yourself, and you should rejoice in that.

Now, I also just started college this year. I came out to some friends during my senior year of high school, but decided that I'd be completely out during college. I have followed through with that, and it has been wonderful.

Just remember that college is a chance to reinvent yourself and start fresh. For many gay people, it's the perfect time to come out. I say tell your friend. If you know that she'll be accepting, then you've nothing to lose. You'll feel so much better once you're able to talk to someone about it. I'm not saying that you should be entirely out yet, but I would recommend telling some people in the very near future. As freshman, it's not too late for us to be who we want to be. While you're still in the getting-to-know-everyone phase of college, you don't have to bash anybody's preconcieved notions of who you are. Just be you, and you'll feel so much better about yourself. So tell your friend. College can be the best thing for a gay student looking for a place to be himself, so long as you take advantage of it.

And to James, congratulations! Even if everybody you have told doesn't have the ideal reaction, you will certainly have people now who you can talk to openly. I'm sure you did the right thing. :slight_smile:

16. James2612

Thanks for all your support and kind words!
    Every one has got back to me now and every one was really pleased that i had told them (evenif it was 3am!)

Its only my parents that have a bit of a problem with it. My mum thinks i am going to find life really hard now and that i will be out casted to every one for some reason. Well she is 64 and isnt really modern thinking!!!!!

Life has been good since - went to my first Gay Pub and had an excellent night!
    I get on with friends even better and we can openly talk about it!!

The first few days were really hard, seeing people for the first time since the text went out!!!

I am so pleased i did it and would change it for the world!!!!

17. ColdSnap

that's amazing, i'm so happy for you :slight_smile:

18. ferrokahn

Out Status:
    Family only
    hmm.. rather bravado way of coming out, but i suppose it works. may fortune smile upon you. :lol:

19. James2612

To be honest i did this way as i couldnt face telling people face to face.... Also having to go thru it time and time again just scared me....

I am pleased i have done this in this way, its all done in one go!! lol
    I really dont think i could have done this face to face, i'm just not brave enough!!!! lol