1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't take it anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by steveo, Nov 2, 2008.

1. steveo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmmmm I don't know the best way to start this but basically I'm fed up with school and life.

The vast majority of my school is extremely homophobic and I always feel like I have to watch myself to not let anything slip. Not to mention gay or not I just feel like everyone is watching and judging you. I don't even know if I like something anymore or I just automatically think I do because it would be something that a straight person would like.

Like last year I was in a graphic design class where we got to use whatever stock image you would like to start with and I ended up using really stupid things like a seahorse instead of what I really wanted to do because I thought it would be too flamboyant or whatever. Not being able to express myself freely is probably what hurts the most but I feel like as long as I'm in school I can't.:help:

2. Chris

Make your own style a gay one. Don't give a sh** about what they think! Who knows you may end up and have some more friends, you'll probably lose some, just make them know you don't care about what they think! Hope this helps! *Lecture ended*

3. george678

I know how you feel and honestly I do I am in the exactly same situation and you have to put up with it.
    I told people and some maybe I should never of told consering half the bloody school knows now,but you have to put up with it.
    Yes you get made fun of but I have 3 friends I on here who just helps me get through it.
    (*hug*)

4. Kryz

You should probably talk to the school psycologist. He/She could really help you A LOT.

5. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A big step on the way out is not caring about what the others say. Once you achieve that, the rest is a lot easier... and it's useful in other aspects of your life too.

6. steveo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was thinking about getting my GED. Is it really an equivalent to a high school diploma? I've always had problems with social anxiety and school in general since I was a kid so it isn't like its uncommon for me. Its just that recently everything in life has been piling up and I don't know how long I can take living like this.

I know its best to go for all 4 years of high school but I really feel like I need to just get away and start over. I still want to go to college but not like to a top 10 school or anything. I would be content with going to a public university.

7. LoveIsBlind

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was pretty much exactly the advice I'd give lol, be yourself, regardless of who others would like you to be.

8. Amy

Amy

i say, be who you are. :slight_smile:

does your district offer an independent study program? it could be a good option.

how ours works you go in once a week, take a test or two, talk to the person, tell them how many hours of work you want for that week and then you take it home. it lets you go at your own pace and you can graduate early. most programs let you take online college classes for ap and honours. you will have to go to a school for certain things (chem, physics, choirs, theatre, ect). its a good enviroment, because you can do the work at the library or the mall. our program offers bs electives like theatre appreciation or self designed electives.

yea...i know about these...lol

9. lordjord96

yes thats nearly the same as me i dont give a:***: about life but i got over it and you need to. its life some bits are great and some can be a pain in the back-side! hop you dont give a :***: about life anymore because its a wounderfull thing:thumbsup:!

10. Miles D

GED is technically the high school equivalent, but it sort of isn't. Because when applying for jobs with a GED it kind of looks like you flunked out or are a flake.
    SO, take the GED, and apply to an awesome college! Then you can be in a place where you can be yourself!
    Also, you can't be enrolled in high school to take the GED, so you have to be dropped out... but there is a test that you can take, which is basically a "I know this crap, let me go to college already!" test. Look into that!!
    :grin:

11. acorn7

I think finishing high school is totally possible, you just need moral support to get through it.

Your Out status says one friend... maybe there are more friends you feel comfortable coming out to? For me that was the real first step in not only accepting myself but also being proud of myself and not caring what others thought. When you have a small group of people you can share these thoughts with, and that you know are on "your side", trust me, it makes a world of difference.

There are also others that can help, the school psychologist or a teacher you trust, for example.

And remember it's totally normal to be socially anxious and be kind of awkward and uncomfortable in high schoool. Everyone is, obviously us gays even more. You will get through it :slight_smile:

12. tylerzane69

All throughout your life you will feel like people are judging you, but how do you know if your you if your just trying to keep everyone else happy..... you should just focus on you and if people dont like what you have to say or that your gay then they need to wake up to the 21st century and realize that we are red blooded citizens who bleed the same way they do and think the same way they do, we just have sex with... well the same sex.... you just need to focus on your happiness and dont worry about what everyone else says or does.