1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Britney's Back Bitch

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Malchik89, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>But its just got so much talk because its almost like a movie ending.

It's precisely a movie ending. That's what makes me wonder.

Hey, I'm all for a happy ending. (Although lives don't end there - they keep going on.) I'm love the Comeback Player of the Year Awards. But it seems they pushed the plot ahead too quickly. If Britney (as many claim) is in the process of not just putting her life back together, but putting together a kickass album, then great - the '09 VMAs will be Britfest '09, and rightfully so. But it's like MTV couldn't wait. They couldn't wait for another twelve months for that to happen, because by that point, they'd be behind the curve. She'd already have #1 singles and awards and been on the cover of every magazine known to man - "BRIT IS IT!". MTV would appear to be the last person in line waving the flag. So instead, they jumped to the front of the line. They gave her the award before the comeback CD and video were even finished. They handed her statues for "Piece of Me", a song that didn't do that well, and didn't exactly set the charts alight. For a video that wasn't bad, perhaps, but most certainly wasn't the most interesting video that year. It's silly, and it simply points up the futility of a lot of these award shows.

We've replaced scripted entertainment on TV with "reality", and now I get this vague feeling we're replacing reality with scripted entertainment. Maybe I'm the only one who has a problem with this at all, but I guess I'm a traditionalist gargoyle at heart. I'm a sucker for a feel-good story in reality, but not when it's being manufactured for my benefit. Life's interesting enough with needing someone pulling the strings behind the scenes. :slight_smile:

Lex

2. sexyalex

OMG OMG OMG
    AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG

aghhhhH!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how i am screaming right now. Like, i kknow it sounds silly but i got down and prayed Britney would take home something this year but Video of the year, thats great and 3 VMA's i'm soo proud of her and absaloutly astonished by the work her father has put in to keep her sober and happy. I love britney soo much and I am glad this all worked out for her cuz she really needed a booster, something to show her she is still on demand in the music industry.

idk, if Britney stopped singing, i would hate pop music forever. :frowning2:

3. Fiorino

It's nice to hear that she's getting her life back on track, but, do I
    really care? She's so fake and mass-produced it's sickening that
    this is really what a lot of people consider "music". Pardon me if
    I'm a bit mean...but prove me wrong. Good for her though.

4. Malchik89

True, but once you have countless psychotic breakdowns, her ressurrection gains anticipation xD

5. sexyalex

Yes i can prove you wrong! Britney is soo not fake, like, yea she maybe lip sync allot of her performances but jebus christ dude, she dilivers an awsome show with her dance moves and nobody(except Celine Dion in history) can dance and sing at the same time and not even Celeine is as energetic in dance as Britney. When u look at text book pop, BRITNEY is what is in that bible.

there are many different types of music. many. and britney is considered the Queen of pop and its not only cuz of beauty and glamour and song. The way she appeals to the world, the popularity, the way her songs turn to jingles HECK MY LITTLE 3 YEAR OLD NEPHEW SINGS OOPS I DID IT AGAIN and he wasn't even alive when that song was big and I WAS A BABY but u know what its still a HIT and THATS what pop culture is all about. Being memorable, being a product of society that even years to come, there is a story and young girls can idolize.

oh and FYI britney never had a drug abuse history and not everyone has to go to rehab for depression. She just did cuz she chose to. Its all a choice and not for u -coughs- hater; to decide.

Plus, i see ur from France. and its sad u said that about Britney, cuz u know why, where i come from, we have a saying that says "americans are stupid, cuz they beleive everything they read on People magazine". Sure its a bit discriminatory and sterotypical but who isant a bit sarcastic at times. And we don't mean all of america. of course. But now i gotta include france. Get with the programe, no matter what other genure of music there is out there pop will never die. EVER!:tantrum:

Its Britney Betch!:dry:

6. Andrew

I love the song " Pieces of Me " It deserved one award, but NOT 3.

Sorry Brit.

-Luis

7. jazzrawr

...I like Britney...XD
    I don't know why.
    She seems like an ok person who's made alot of mistakes.
    And her music is uber catchy. XD
    So yay Brit!
    I'm happy for her, that not everyone hates her anymore.
    It's always hard to get things back on track when a quarter of the world hates you. XD

8. Charme

Charme Guest

s'bout time she got something good. she's always being pictured as a person who keeps tripping but its good to hear she's finally getting back on her feet. :]

9. Mind Freak

I'm not really a britney fan either.
    But I'm SO glad she's getting her stuff together.

It's a sigh of relief;; I hate seeing people fall from greatness, especially as hard as she did.

10. Noah

"Leave Britney Alone! Just...just leave her alone, ok!"
    -Chris Crocker....

11. Malchik89

yeah i didn't even think of that, what's chris crocker gonna bitch about now?

12. Heretic ZyX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    She's the media's little puppet and that's all she'll ever be, all she's good for is making rich yuppy scumbags, like the bastards at MTV, even richer. She's just so fake, she's a plastic doll. She's a barbie doll, and MTV/VH1/whatever other music network can pull her little fabric skirt up and make all the horny pre-pubescent straight boys pop a boner will just keep doing so till she's too old to be a sex object anymore. Then she'll be in the gutter.

13. Malchik89

umm have you been like under a rock for the past few years

1) She was already below the gutter, like with the worms
    2) She hasn't really been a sex object since like...she was 20?
    3) They're not really making money off of Britney now, they actually pry made more money of out her when her life was Shit. Now they won't have much to report on.

14. Heretic ZyX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, exactly why they're going to start handing out awards and shit to her. If any of them can "help" her get back to the top that can make shit-loads of money doing it. Hence, MTV gives her three awards. Then everyone else sees what's going on and before we know it, people that were bashing her not too long ago are praising her for her mircaulous "rise back to the top". At least, that's what I predict. If it doesn't happen I'll admit I'm wrong but till then I'll just believe what I want.

15. Malchik89

Idk, she's not in fully to the top, like ok music wise she's getting there but she still has a looong way to go. She should definitely make gaining custody of her children her priority now. That's why i think things are going to be different this time with her, she's not just some teen sex symbol who just came into the business, she's a woman, not to mention a mother, who's life went to shit because of all this and she just wants to build her life back together

16. Fiorino

What I meant was that she's a mass-manufactured product of our
    superficial and materialstic pop-culture. You can like pop or not,
    I'd be a hippocrit to say I don't listen to it from time to time, but
    I know what it's all about-the money. The lyrics have no meaning
    (does Britney even write her own lyrics? At least the hits?)
    not that it matters because people will buy her music reguardless.
    Anyway, I wasn't trying to attack Britney Spears personally (as I
    don't even know her), good for her, but I'm not a fan of the
    image that she sells to us.

Alex-I'm not sure what you were getting at, but I'm not French.
    And I don't read tabloids or watch tv, they're rubbish.

17. BreakingGlass

Yeah she's written many songs, they just get pushed aside by the record label for not being mainstream enough.

What people seem to forget is that singers are basically an employee of the record company. How many people would actually tell their bosses that they'd work on a project only if they get to do it their own way? I'm sure you'd get fired. It's also called the music business for a reason, it's a business and they plan and market to do their best just like every other business does. I'm 100% sure sure Madonna herself doesn't get the final approval on her albums.

Funny how this went from Britney's back to Britney's plastic. :lol:

18. JayC

JayC Guest

I am glad that she is back and so what if she is toasted her newest Cd is one of me favorites

19. berileos

berileos Guest

Britney rules!
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

20. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I used to dislike her but I became more and more sympathetic after her life started going down the pan. I do think she's made some good music lately and I think "Piece of Me" - song & video - is very good, so I'm happy that there's some good news about her for once.