1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McCain's pick....A woman????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well done McCain :eusa_clap. Picking a woman who not only will help win over some of the republicans by being a major conservative but will also help get those pissed of Hillary supporters by having a vagina.

Honestly if there is one thing in this election I cannot stand it is these pissed of Hillary supporters who are willing to throw away there own personal beliefs just because they can't stand to see the person who defeated there god Hillary gain the presidency. I mean it is one thing to be pissed off and say Hillary should have been nominated and not Barak but to vote for someone who opposes your own beliefs out of spite is downright stupid.

P.S. Hillary Clinton supporters who will now vote for McCain because of this you are being sexist.

2. Leigh

Leigh Guest

i think its genius.

theyre a shoo in now.

shit.

3. Nodnarb

4. pirateninja

Oh christ :roflmao: I love comments...

In the article it says...

And some insightful person has written....

Political correctness; straight out the window :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Ooh I found more! Brilliant stuff:

#24 pirateninja, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  5. Jebs

John McCain + Obama's recent speech + VP Selection = Political disasterpiece

This just goes to show just how politicians are just so.... ironic? I think this was a huge mistake for McCain. A desperate pick. He's trying to gain the Hillary supporters (like they won't be able to see that Hillary equals Palin), trying to show he is for.. 'change'. In doing this though, I think he screwed himself with his own party. :eusa_clap Bravo McCain.

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

It hasn't even been a day and I already don't like her. What a pathetic, desperate grab for Hillary supporters. My position hasn't changed a bit: Obama/Biden 08.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Because of her, I just went from McCain to Obama :slight_smile: .

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It always amazes me when people say they have "gay friends" and they can actually vote against them having rights that protect their jobs, their housing or their relationships. They are not much of a friend.

9. myra

Honestly, because of his running mate, I don't think I'm going to vote. I'm really against Obama and voted mccain in the primary, but now...shista. I'm not sure. I don't like either now. (What's bad...my mom will yell if i don't vote. She works at the board of elections.)

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree. Although I don't have friends in the government, so when I get something like that, it usually comes in the form of "I hate those stupid queers...but I have lesbian friends, so that makes me okay!".

11. Ha! He strategically picked her so that disgruntled Clinton supporters vote for him so that a woman can be VP! =P

12. sdc91

I hope everyone can see that this is clearly just trying to get votes and not taking into account what will happen if the Republicans got into the White House again... not a wise choice at all.

And if/when John McCain dies in office, she's going to be President. Yikes.

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I saw one news story where women in New York were polled on Palin, and they said they wouldn't vote for McCain just for her. One women accused him of patronizing Hillary supporters. Looks like at least some people are smart enough to not fall for it. I'm sure Palin was an act of desperation on McCain's part, but I really hope that she turns out to be a shot in the foot for him.

He should be desparate, though; Obama's DNC speach got more views than any event in television history; 40 million to be exact.

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I can't see many women voters for Hillary switching to McCain because of her. Most Clinton supporters are Pro-Choice, a big issue with women.

15. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Simply a vote grabbing stunt of he is going to pick a woman at least pick one who has experience and who people actually know

16. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Obama is inexperienced! Obama isn't ready to lead! Obama won't be able to handle the White House!

No foreign policy experience? Only two years of politics? You have breasts? Get your ass in here, you're the new VP!

17. Ambrosio

Ambrosio Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think Mccain WOULD like his women in the White House "Young" (Compared to his oldiness)

Think about it his wife is like 50, and his pick is 44.

18. Samus610

I think it's great he picked a woman. But Palin is nuts. She is a conservative feminist. I have no idea how that works. She doesn't believe that global warming is human-made. Is also a supporter of abstinence-only education and opposes explicit sex education programs. She opposes abortion for rape and incest victims, supporting it only when the mother's life is in danger. Also supports capital punishment. I'm sorry but what was going through McCain's mind when he picked her. The woman scares me. Because god forbid if McCain is president(I apologize to any McCain supporters), Palin would run this country and we would all be screwed. Like I said I apologize to any McCain supporter, but this is how I feel.

19. lcr guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can too be a conservative feminist. It's the far lefters who have hijacked the feminist movement to make it Pro-Abortion, or don't bother joining our cause.

There are so many issues facing women and I'd think women everywhere would be applauding McCain and of course Palin. Even if you disagree with her on some issues--look at all the success she's had changing the status quo in her state-- rooting out corruption involving democrats AND republicans. Not to mention her strong family values and pro-life stance--- so even with her 17 year old getting pregnant, they responded to that in the PERFECT way, the way in which I know I'd want my parents to react if I were a pregnant teenage girl (lol, let me count the ways that that'll never happen, but still!)

She is no doubt a strong woman, and a great role model!

Of the 4 candidates now running, she is the ONLY One with executive experience, being the governor for 2 years (and defeating the incumbant in a primary, very rare indeed!), she was also a very pro-active mayor of her town, and was president of the Alaskan mayors association, or something along those lines. (She actually has more experience than Obama, who has only been in the Senate like 130 days or some such madness. And she's running to be number 2, not number 1).

When it comes to gay issues, we'd have to focus on Obama and McCain's policies. Both are against gay marriage, but I know McCain does support ensuring legal (documented) rights for gay couples, so I assume that means some sort of civil union.

And I think he'd be in favor of adoption rights. He himself is a parent of an adopted baby girl.

20. Samus610

I agree that she is a strong woman. And I respect her for that strength. But when it comes to politics, I don't have much respect. I just feel that he could have picked a different woman to be his running mate.