1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[The Walrus] Seriously Dying [Is Sick]

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by InaRut, Aug 27, 2008.

1. InaRut

So I'm guessing what I've got is major pre-uni stress. But I don't really know if it is stress because I've been trying to tell myself that I'm going to be okay...but I still feel like absolute poo-poo.

Speaking of Poo-Poo. I've had MAJOR problems trying to go number 2 lately. I can't say it's my diet because nothing has changed dramatically. I've got a nice fiber-y-ish diet in me so I can't say it's that.

That's just one of my problems. Also, sleep has been horrible. I wake up feeling not rested at all. And to make matters worse I'm waking up at 8:30 every morning! No matter which time I go to sleep. And even if I do sleep in...I never feel rested. I'm tired, and cranky...and just plain BLAH

Also I've got this rather iritating eye twitch that seems to come and go at random times. And it really iritates my eye making it dry and painful.

My head feels like...UGH all the time because of my constipation and sleep deprevation.

I really just think I'm under alot of stress. Maybe pre-uni stress/pre-no-more-closet stress I don't know. I just feel like alot is just wrong with my body right now. I'm frustrated. And Aggrivated. And I just want to say to hell with it all!

RAAAWWWWRRRRRR

That's right walruses can roar too.

2. Bryan

try eating some activia yogurt. that stuff does wonders! If they doesnt work, try stool softener. and when you are having regular BMs, you will feel alot better

3. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I think I have some of that Pre-Univ stress also. I've been very tired lately even though I've been sleeping 8-10hrs a day. I'm eating much less, but I'm also taking vitamins.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think the first thing to deal with is the constipation. Stool softener works well for temporary constipation (I use one called Lactulose which you have to ask for at pharmacists here). It's a sugary syrup which you swallow. It works by adsorbing water from your body into your bowls and stools, so you will feel more thirsty and should increase your water intake to deal with this. Once that is cleared you will probably start to feel better.

Are you still getting the same amount of activity as usual, and drinking enough water?

5. Louise

Yep, I was going to go for the drinking water. This probably is mostly due to stress but if you can sort out the constipation everything else will work itself out. Try drinking lots of water, take regular excersize. I know this sounds funny especially when you are tired and have no energy but getting outside and going for a walk or cycle ride will actually give you more energy and help get your bowel muscles moving as well.

6. unouxx3me

unouxx3me Guest

Miralax in chocolate milk works well for being constipated. And I agree with Louise on the working out some, it helps you get more energy...the adrenaline and endorphins make you feel better.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Go to Walmart Phil. Everytime I walk in that store the urge arises and I'm headed for the bathroom. :grin:

8. InaRut

Well I guess it just sorta got better after talking to people about it. I talked to Lex in the chatroom and I talked to the rest of you posters..and then mom asked me if everything was okay (one of those motherly kinda talks..you know the kind...Well Becky should). Then I ate like 3 fairly large sized apples and everything is better (not perfect) in that department. Also I actually managed to sleep in (10:30 lol). Xept my cat waking me up at 6:00. Guess she really wants Chef Phil one more time before he goes to uni. But I woke up feeling...SPLENDID today.

Despite the fact that there is only 3 days till university.

YARRG!

9. panda

Glad you're feeling better...:thumbsup:

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Awesome! Phil went poo-poo. Sorry, just had to throw that in. :roflmao:

11. Jim1454

LOL! TOOOO funny.

All signs of stress Phil - and probably justified. Moving away for school is a BIG step. But you're going to be there with a whole lot of other people that are doing exactly the same thing. (Nobody actually lives in St. Catherines, do they? Everyone at Brock must be from somewhere else! :icon_wink)

YOU will do just fine fitting in. I have NO DOUBT!

Be sure to wave when you're driving through Toronto! :smilewave

12. panda

:thewave::thewave::music::thewave::music::music::wow::wave::starwars::goodevil::goodevil:

13. InaRut

Well to be honest this is my biggest stresser right here,

Basically I'm really scared that I'll get to uni..and I won't be able to cope..that the work load will explode my LD brain and I'll faulter. And with two so-far succesful brothers to be shadowed by, if I crash..or fail...I don't know how I would recover. I have such a strong ambition in my heart...that failure...in a way scares me. To the point of nightmare. I can't see myself ever smiling if I proved to be a university failure. It hurts my heart to think about it.

It hurts my heart to think that whatever genius I believe I hold, to be some lie my mom and myself tell to stop me from jumping headfirst off a bridge into shallow water.

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Phil, being serious here, because you have that will to succeed you are going to do just fine. You need to let go of some of this stress you are carrying around about university. Everything is going to be fine. You'll make new friends and have alot of fun too. Just prioritize your studies. They come first. The fun stuff is second. If you struggle with something, ASK FOR HELP!

15. panda

Phil of course there's anxiety/fear about university, as Becky said you'll make new friends. Also studies come first, if you think you need help then ask for that help.
    You buckled down and worked at a shitty factory job so you could go to university.With that tenacity and your vision you'll be fine.
    There's lots to do around St. Catherine's. There's the Welland Canal where you can watch the ships head out to the ocean.
    Another thing Phil, if worst comes to worst and you find that university is not a fit there's other avenues to pursue your dreams.
    My thoughts and support are with you as you start this big adventure.
    As a last thought , mentioning these fears is a very healthy and realistic emotion but it's better to look on the positive side.:thumbsup:

16. InaRut

Yea I suppose. And I mean I think it's alot better now that I'm talking about it. I had a bit of a blow out with mom. Telling her that her nagging is causing some of my stress...and she got pretty upset.

>_> Luckily my dad is a true Dr. Phil when it comes to these situations.

17. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Before trying Activia, I recommend researching the yogurt online to see what posters think of it. I've read that it can mess with your digestive system in the wrong way, so be careful.

Eh, sure, healthy foods can aid in bowel movements, but I think your quantity is off... at least in this example. :confused:

As for waking up groggy, I do, too. But I've noticed that after I shower, get dressed, and make a sandwich for work, the feeling goes away. Maybe you're like me--maybe doing a few activities in the morning help waken you.

Good luck. :slight_smile: