1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SqueakyBubbles9, Aug 17, 2008.

1. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This just on the news

"China claims it is the sole super power demanding the US to reform its financial structures to safe guard Chinese Dollar assets."

Wonder what they meant by that statement, wonder what would happen if the US didn't comply?

@TheLillyTribe: The so called Rapture day is a fabrication of dysfunctional churches that tries to lead people astray from the real religion they (dysfunctional churches) were supposed to serve! If you are a Christian then you know that in the bible it stated "Not even the angels in heaven knows when God will come to Earth for Judgement Day." So any scientists, church scholars and what not can say how many times that the day of rapture is on this day or that day but they are lying to the people! I wish to go more into this but I have been asked to refrain to respect other people's religion. But you can send me a private message if you want to know more.

---------- Post added 8th Aug 2011 at 07:29 PM ----------

:thumbsup:

2. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

i dunno WHAT to believe. i mean, is this connected to global warming? 'cause i heard somewhere that it happens naturally, and our pollution speeds it up. so even if we all change our ways, we're inevitably doomed one day. anyway, i'm not gonna stress over it- why worry about the inevitable?

3. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Bookworm43: You are right about pollution and global warming... but not worrying about it isn't right. Remember, we will die and what will the next generation have to live in? One huge garbage dump, acid rain, filthy air, food shortages and what not?

No it is OUR duty to leave a better world for the next generation!

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The following 2012 predictions have pretty much been proven to be defunct.

1. Planet X/Niburu crashing. It's 2011, if it were going to crash next year, we'd be able to see it with our naked eye.

2. Polar shift: While they do happen, and while Filip said we're overdue, same time, polar shifts take thousands of years to happen not a couple of days. We may be going through a polar shift now and don't even know it. Why? Because the shift happens so slowly.

3. Planetary Alignment: As Filip said, it's not scheduled to happen anytime soon, and this is yes, according to NASA and many other astronomers.

4. Solar Maximum: While we are in a place where the sun is waking up and is to reach maximum by 2013, according to most researchers and scientists, it will basically be around the same maximum that happened I believe in the 1960s. While the sun is temperamental though and no one can truly predict, I think hopefully we're quite safe from something happening like in the crock of a movie Knowing.

5. Supervolcano: Frankly this one isn't necessarily a 2012 prediction, more just something that we're really unsure about. The Yellowstone Supervolcano is due for eruption at some point, technically its overdue. I mean we can hope it doesn't erupt, but it's not really something we can control unfortunately.

6. Asteroids - Well see my above post about Apophis.

7. Mayans - Many Mayan researchers have found that when making their calendar, they only chose 2012 as the last day because they really didn't even see mankind living until 2012. Frankly I believe they didn't even see mankind living past themselves. So it really could have been anything, hell it could've been 2030 or 3000 that they went to, but I think they also probably just got tired and stopped lol. Frankly the most the Mayans ever said might happen in 2012 apparently is an enlightening of the mind, they never once claimed it would be doomsday.

5. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

oh jeez, i didn't mean not to worry it about it and not do anything about it, i meant to do what you can and not worry about it. i tend to stress over things, so sometimes i hav to make an effort NOT to stress lol

6. LowestVocal017

And who's to say that people are not blowing this 2012 doomsday out of proportion? Even if the specificalities of each superstition is un-related to each other, they both have one thing in common: they are nothing but petty superstition.

Ultimately, you're trying to provide an explanation as to why this upcoming doomsday is real and a further complimentary explanation as to why the other ones were defunct. You did just that for the y2K Bug. (When a new "threat" comes years past 2012, would you also have an explanation as to why this one is real and why the fear for 2012 was "out of proportion?" See what I mean? :wink:)

One must also remember the age-old fear that aliens (or some other form of being) who are neurologically smarter than us would attack the Earth and take over. Point of inquiry: it is now the year 2000, millennia after when humans first appeared on Earth. Are humans still on Earth right now? :wink:

You see what I mean, darlings? Revan hasn't even heard of this, let alone that it was associated with 2012.

This would imply that we're all hearing different "theories" about 2012 (who knows which one of these might even be made up altogether?) and further suggest that 2012 is nothing but a silly superstition.

See how easy this is? :grin:

#86 LowestVocal017, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Intelligent aliens will never attack us. Why would they. We war amongst ourselves so we might just do the job for them. The only reason they had was maybe after the planet itself, but we are screwing that up so they will not be interested in the nature or environment. maybe in the raw materials, but then again there are a host of other planets with no life that will yield better results. So I think we never need to bother about this one. Rather the aliens might be scared that we might attack them! But then again we are not that advanced yet, actually very far off so they don't worry about us anyway.

8. LowestVocal017

Again, regardless of any explanation as to how credible/non-credible it is, Thelvin, my simple driven-home point is that defunct "theories" are just that, and this "alien" superstition is another one of them.

#88 LowestVocal017, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  9. QuestionMark

QuestionMark Guest

Hella no! The human race will most likely have become extinct before the world 'ends.'

10. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL I do agree... but just want to point out... Aliens does exist, just not in the way they are portrayed in Hollywood.

Check the Sp. There is an article about a meteorite with alien bacteria from Mars.

There are other sources, for instance one man who claimed God, showed what is hell and heaven when he almost died in a horrible aircraft accident, there he mentioned that God showed him other worlds and other beings he could see from heaven. There are many more cases like this, but non of them can tell how they looked and which worlds it is.

11. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  12. Jonathan

[​IMG]...:icon_roll

13. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao:

We will be the cause of the end of the world ourself. Take for example the tensions between China and Japan, the Moslem world with European and American countries. At any time one of these can launch an atomic bomb or a few, or even something worse and more powerful. We will be our own downfall! :eek:

14. LowestVocal017

I know what (non-fictional) aliens are, bud. Rest assured. :wink:

I think that would be the end of society or the global empire, not necessarily the world of people...

lol What was that in reference to? :slight_smile:

I know, right? :rolle:

#94 LowestVocal017, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  15. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not you. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL i bet about the other comment i made about people seeing other worlds and beings LOL

17. LowestVocal017

Well, I know that.

What was it referring to?

18. Kso1995

im not sure what'll happen but im scared as ****

19. Ichi42go

Ugh... well, there are rumors that Sarah Palin might run for president in 2012... so maybe we should end it before then ourselves?

(Sorry if that challenged anyone's political views. Not the intention.)

20. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone