1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jobs!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asher4heart, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ok so i'm looking for jobs because my senior year is already flying by it seems. But...im runing out of ideas and have no clue wut i wanna do. so anyone who doesn't mind just post a job you yourself or a friend have been interested in..any thing. I'm just lookin for ideas =] thanx

2. Cool Beans

Well, you have several options: grocery stores, fast food joints, restaurants, perhaps a department store or something if they have one near where you live. I started working at a local grocery store about a month ago as a cashier/stocker, and it's... well, I'm not going to say it's all rainbows and gumdrops, but it's at least mildly pleasant.

Try to determine what sort of things you'd like to do as part of your job. Do you want to interact with people a lot or would you rather work away from the general public? Do you feel comfortable handling money? Would you prefer a job with some downtime or one that keeps you busy every second of your shift? What kind of hours are you willing to work? Do you need a job that gives you flexibility? Are you okay with making minimum wage? Your answers to those questions will give a clearer picture of what sort of job might be best for you.

3. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    no no no i mean liek...wut to go to college for. liek my JOB job not the part time stuff. i got that down

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think what might help is if you try seeing a carrier or guidance counselor at your school to talk about potential jobs that you might find interesting. Look at your interests. What do you like doing? Find a few things that interests you and put them together and see where this leads you.

Are you planning to go to College/University? If so, it might be worthwhile to pay a visit to the College/University's carrier services center where you will find lots of information on the types of jobs that are out there. I am sure you will find something that interests you and where you can see yourself in. Try to get an appointment with a carrier counselor.

Even though you are not sure what you want to do job wise, it might also help if you look at different programmes that colleges and universities offer. Going through them and looking through their requirements might also help you to find something that you find interesting. From there, apply for that college or university programme. Although you might change the programme along the way at least you will get a sense of what interests you.

Hope this helps!

#4 Mirko, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  5. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

If by Want to do you mean a dream job i'd say check out this site. http://www.uscollegesearch.org/occupations_career_guide.html
    Its probobly not the best but it has alot of information about careers and just about anything you need to know, also some of them have great links to schools and other sites with more detailed information. I Want to be a Pilot.

If you meant a job to get instantly i would recommend hotels. If you live near a tourist area that is. I live 40min away from the shore now and i work at The Shilos Inn. I've been working at hotels since i was 10 doing housekeeping "Parents were onsite managers at some smaller places" I now set up and serve banquets on weekdays and clean rooms on the weekends. All part time but Banquets give a nice tips.

*Forget second part*

#5 tylerksub, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008