Does Anyone play an Instruments?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Endlessnight500, Aug 12, 2008.

1. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oboe, I can barely afford to play it with the cost of reeds and stuff. And Oboe players, you know how sensitive they are and expensive.

2. Cnidocyte

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I play horn!

3. Drowzee64

I used to sing when I was younger, but I wasn't good enough.

Recently I got a six-hole ocarina (Yes, it is modeled after the Ocarina of Time) and I've been messing around with that. It's great for playing simple little tunes, especially ones from video games. :slight_smile:

4. feverdreamt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to play the violin and am working on relearning it (so frustrating) and i play the guitar.. Im working on learning how to play the hulusi, as well as learning how to create/produce electronic music (i need an mpc or some kind of controller.. I especialy want a monome >_<).. I really want to learn how to play the harp, piano, and harpsichord aswell.. Oh and i want to learn cello too >_<.. too many cool instruments out there

#104 feverdreamt, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  5. WydenEmmie

Out Status:
    A few people
    I play oboe too! My fellow band members also tend to be very careless. I have to be extremely careful with the reeds during concert band.

For marching band, I play(ed) flute (which I own) and alto saxophone. I'm going to learn the guitar and the valve trombone (because my sister's boyfriend has a guitar and I have my great grandfather's valve trombone.

I would be dead without music. :slight_smile:

#105 WydenEmmie, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  6. Marlowe

Effing Reeds. I played oboe and English horn, but I had to give them up when I went to college because of the expense and time of making reeds. (Still have it all though for some day when I have time. Sigh.)

I currently bide my time playing the recorder and the Krumhorn in an early music ensemble and I sing counter tenor and baritone sometimes. Apparently, lapsed oboists are pretty common in early music. I am also trying to pick up renaissance flute as the fingerings are quite similar to oboe/recorder/other C woodwinds. And one beautiful day I will have enough time to learn how to play the piano with both hands simultaneously. Currently my piano repertoire is rather limited.

7. Muzic555

Muzic555 Guest

I play (and own) electric guitar, acoustic guitar, piano, keyboard, clarinet, violin, drums, harmonica, xylophone and I also sing :wink:

8. jsmurf

I play piano.

---------- Post added 7th Nov 2011 at 01:24 PM ----------

Only classical stuff, really.

9. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As part of my rekindled interest in the Piano, I'm learning to play "pop" songs.

10. caughtbywitness

Used to play trombone, and piano.

11. Homo Novus

Drums, guitar, bass, piano and violin. :]

12. Johnjohn2

Johnjohn2 Guest

I learned guitar without a proper course (from bro or trying a bit) so my guitar play seems to be strange, and I only use it to accompany me singing (I love singing).

I took piano lesson for a year (when I was around 25 y.o) and didn't progress that much.

I played a bit harmonica....

So in summarry, not much of a thing. I would like to learn proper guitar + piano again, and I think saxophone will be great too.

13. vyvance

Played guitar back in high-school some. Guitarist in a friend of mines band broke his arm and couldn't play in their concert. I basically learned how to play and all their songs in under a week. Haven't had much urge to play since though. I have played piano my whole life. Took lessons when I was little, and I still play on occasion.

14. Keelin

I sing, although I'm no good and I hate my low voice

I teach myself guitar

Played a year of piano

And I drum out patterns on every hard surface I find, I can't keep still when music is in my head

15. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guitar :grin: And I sing :slight_smile:

16. colmanic14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play trombone, piano, and percussion, which branches out into a whole bunch of things which include but aren't limited to: Marimba,vibraphone,xylaphone,snare drum,bass drum, tennor drums, crash cymbals,suspended cymbals,timpani, gong, chimes, tom-toms, slap stick, vibra whip, bells, sleigh bells, aaaand, TRIANGLE FTW! :grin:

17. jostle100

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My oboe reeds starting leaking so I bought some new ones. They didn't work, I got extremely mad :tantrum:, calmed down, took the oboe reed and snapped it, and did a evil laugh... I'm a little crazy right now. I HATE OBOES SO MUCH!!!! I WANT TO PLAY THE FRENCH HORN!!!

18. Mimerio

My instrument is my voice, I enjoy singing in Japanese (now that takes a lot of work) I also sing in English on occasion too.

19. Purple Llama

Guitar since I was 14 (acoustic and electric) and harmonica... well I have a harmonica but can't really play it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: