1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having friend issues

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Asher4heart, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so im trying to tell my friends about being transqueer...the same ones i told i was bi...they r far less supportive this time....nd it hurts...idk wut to do...

2. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't be sad. It's a new idea to them. Maybe they're not used to who you are again yet.

3. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah but they called me by my birth name (which isnt asher) nd i said plz dont call me that. nd she said and i quote 'i'll call you wutever the hell i want to call you'....

4. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow. I'm . . . hurt. I kinda felt that with you. That's just an awful thing to say. I'm . . . speechless and mortified that someone would actually say something like that. It's so . . . heartless.

5. Asher4heart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah it hit me hard too....ifelt liek a dog...i think ima go to bed...i'll catch u later if i havnt lost my will to live...

6. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gnite, I'm going on vacation for a couple days (5-6?) I don't remember. I wish you luck.

7. ashleysmall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Try and not let it get to you. Maybe these people dont understand you but there are many people, like the ones on here, who understand you and want to help. Give them time to adjust to it, if they cant cope then i think its time to move on. There are so many great accepting people that will be great friends to you.

8. ElizabethAnne

Ouch, that hurts!! It sucks when friends don't accept who we are! It sucks even more when they feel like it's necessary to disrespect you like that!!
    However, sometimes people are just really ignorant and don't understand. Please don't ever think that this is your fault - you are who are and nobody can change that, even if they are rude to you. If you are really interested in continuing a friendship with these people, then maybe try to give them time to come around to thinking of you like that, and time to get to know you and your gender identity. However, if you don't think that this is likely to happen, then perhaps try to find some new friends who will stick by you no matter what!
    Best of luck!

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>yeah but they called me by my birth name (which isnt asher) nd i said plz dont call me that. nd she said and i quote 'i'll call you wutever the hell i want to call you'

When I first met my sister-in-law, she announced, "I know you go by Lex, but I think that's a dumb name, so I'm going to call you by your birth name." Seriously. So I told her I thought her nickname was rather silly, and I was going to call her Fred.

It took her awhile, but she came around. :slight_smile:

Lex