1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird internet problem

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by berileos, Jul 24, 2008.

1. berileos

berileos Guest

I have a weird internet problem.Sometimes I turn everything on(it's DSL) and it won't connect to the internet,although outlook express is working.Just now I needed an hour experimenting and turning things on/off to make it work.Any suggestions?

2. Master Taco

That's a ISP issue, it's only allowing traffic on Outlook's port. Try resetting both the modem and router, if you have a router. Unplug both for roughly 15 seconds and plug them in.They should then work. Otherwise, you may need to call your ISP.

3. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to have that problem. (Verison is really reliable like that). I used to shut off my modem, turn it back on, turn off my computer, unplug my ethernet cable while it was off, and finally re-inserting the cable back in when I could see my system tray again.

Edit: I also heard vigorously shaking the modem in your hands and screaming at the same time works wonders for your stress.

#3 Antrioss, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  4. berileos

berileos Guest

I'm doing those unplugging/in plugging things all the time but sometimes it won't work for hours:tears:Is there a way to fix that?

5. Master Taco

Don't wanna sound like a corporate pushover, but, uh, buy a new one. :\