1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atichrist?!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brett, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Beebo

Go to the bolded verses for proof that any christian telling you that they know when the coming of Christ is, are full of BOLOGNA MOOSEPIE!

*whips out bible* (Don't worry I didn't write all these out, I copied them from a site.)

The Book Of Matthew -- This is an excerp of Jesus talking about the coming of the end.

24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:slight_smile:

24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

24:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

24:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. (It will happen when you least expect it).

24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Anyways, don't listen to those people. They base their assumption of the coming of Christ on the bible, but it says very clearly here that no one will know when it comes. If there is anyone Christians should be listening to, it should be Jesus himself. Lmao.

Love ya.

2. Blitzkrieg

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe I found this thread, one of my aunts said the exact same thing about Barack Obama being the antichrist at my graduation party!! Because of the Mayan Calendar ending in 2012 and how he's going to be the President for a term which lasts four years and in four years the end of the world is coming....blah.. blah.. I just tend to ignore the ignorant rants of the crazy members of my family. :grin:
    Predicting the end of life is certainly no way to live it.

3. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

couldnt it be that that 2012 was the end for the mayan world and not neccessarily the entire world? idk but 2012 could be how many years the mayan empire was in control, its a thinker but i dont like the idea of me dying in 4 years either because of wat some dead people said.

4. Brett

*backs into a corner*
    Eeeeek! I was just saying that I'm a paranoid little person. Wasn't quite expecting a negative response like this! I just thought that I'd share the lunacy of my family with ya'll.........but many good points were made!
    People have suspected an appacalyse for worse reasons than this!

5. pirateninja

If the world's going to end, can we still host the 2012 Olympics? I'm quite excited the torch is coming to London and I don't really want the end of the world to interfere with England's proud moment.

6. Étoile

My sister was saying the exact same thing about Obama! She came home from work one day saying she had this religious uplifting after sitting down and reading the Bible at work and after talking with our aunt, who works at the same office as she does, she believes that Obama's the anti-christ. She warned us that the end of the world as we know it, not the end of the world completely, was on Decemebr 12, 2012 and to start being better Christians. After I challenged her and asked "What if Christianity's the wrong religion? What about Buddhism or Hinduism?" she completely cut me off and told me I was going to Hell if I kept that type of mentality. I shruggered her off and my parents were pretty nonchalant throughout the whole time she was talking. So I guess we're all be going to Hell while she's enjoying mojitos in Paradise. :lol:

7. Trumpetplyer23

What about McCain, what if he wins Presidency? 12/12/12 is still going to happen when he's in office (if he wins, that is).

Does that mean he's the Anti-Christ?

8. Willywilly92

Willywilly92 Guest

u know Mccain would probly die before then cuz hes alrdy so damn old, i mean they should have a maximum age limit so a bunch of old people dont start running and winning and dying in office. but i dont really think that the world is gonna end or completely change as we know it just because someine says it is, its ridiculous

9. William1

Well the world can't end in 4 years, cos I won't be 18 yet, and I want to do all that grown-up stuff before the world ends. :lol:

But seriously, it's all a load of cobblers. AFIK, there is no God, and no Devil, and no Heaven and no Hell, and no Anti-Christ. I respect the beliefs of anyone who thinks there is, but I don't agree with them. So it's really just a waste of time discussing a fairy tale about us all being taken up into a place full of clouds and angels playing harps, and cherubs making a noise and God looking severe. :eusa_doh:

We are born as the result of amazing coincidence, and we die by random chance. That's it, as far as I can make out. :smilewave

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone else find it weird that people are looking to the Mayan (read: non-Christian belief) calendar to find out when the Antichrist (read: Christian belief) is coming? Isn't that like calling up Delta to find out when your United flight is supposed to get there?

Years ago, when we were talking about American politics, a very wise friend of mine said, "If and when we ever get around to having a non-white or non-male presidential candidate, people will find every reason in the world NOT to vote for that person...OTHER than the fact that the candidate isn't white or male."

"I'm not voting for Obama. Oh, not because he's BLACK - I don't mind that at all! It's because he's the ANTICHRIST!"

...in 1980, someone pointed out the the names in Ronald Wilson Reagan each had six letters. You know, 666. Antichrist. That didn't really go anywhere, either.

Lex

#30 Lexington, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  11. Sam

Sam

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I'm sorry......

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Ok I'm better. Seriously people have been calling certain people the antichrist since well forever and people have predicted the end of the world since forever too. What about y2k remember that? all the computers are going to crash and we are all going to die!!! people went crazy preparing for it and what happened on 01/01/00.... nothing we survived, no major disaster or 6/6/06 I could go on but I won't. Basically it's crap. People just want to prey on the gullible. I wouldn't worry about it.

12. Alexander

I love you holly :]

The anti-christ has been predicted almost constantly since the time of the concept's invention. We've survived so far :slight_smile: If there is an anti-christ, it's more likely to be a Mao or Hitler or Napoleon than a Barack Obama.

13. LMAO.

I think that just about sums it up lol.*wipes tear from eye*

14. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Lots of religions have dates for the end of the world. Though the Mayans have predicted many things accurately, I think 2012 will be a figurative apocalypse, not a literal one. Also, the way I see it, the winner of the 2008 election will not be the anti-christ. The Mayan apocalypse takes place on December 20, 2012, after the elections, meaning that, if a US president will be the antichrist, it will be the winner of that election.

But more importantly, the whole theory of the Mayan Apocalypse is one shrouded in misunderstandings. It will just be the end of a cycle on their calander. "For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

15. justjoshoh

Even if we take the futuristic approach to the meaning of the Book of Revelations, as it is, and include the information about the Mayan Calendar and the presumptive Obama presidency there is a flaw. If Obama is the anti-christ, albeit unlikely, he will come to power in January 2009. Even if we include the time from his announcement for candidacy, in February 2007, he will not have been in power for 7 years before the end of the Mayan calendar.

Therefore, the world couldn't possibly end at the conclusion of the Mayan calendar and still remain within the liturgical confines of the teachings in the New Testament and the convoluted ninny-ness of an anti-christ in Obama.

Perhaps, it is more along the lines that the Book of Revelations was referring to 1st century issues. That 616 mistakenly acknowledged as 666 for years until scholars debated otherwise, was a reference to King Nero. Oh, and the Mayans just got bored with their calendar.

16. lilrascols

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    i was raised united petacostal, though i have been lost for quite some time now, i still know of some things from the bible that are happening right now, i believe your family to be right. dont listen to those who dont know , or dont want to know of christ, yes, it is fearful to think of these things hapening in our time, but there is time to get right with god and avoid the destruction, and torment, the rapture is for those who have given their lives to christ and lived in rightousness. i too am going to plant my feet back in the church where i can be saved, i have known for some time that christ is trying to get my attention , yes he loves us, and created us but , to live for him, to worship him, and to have everlasting life in heaven, i do believe that with all my heart.. please people get in church , dont wait till its too late. i am speaking to myself as well.. god bless you all!!!!

17. biisme

i was going to say something like this, but you beat me to it!

but yea, the mayans were a very advanced culture. they had quite a depth of understanding of mathematics and astrology. did you know that their pyramids line up with the four cardinal directions? exactly?

they also came up with an advanced calendar system that matched the solar year, and they had an advanced system of writing. actually they had two calendars, a solar one and a separate one. these two calendars would meet after every 52 years, of which they also had a sacred cycle of 52 years. and, every other 52 years, venus would have completed an exact number of rotations.

they also correctly found the value of one year: 365.242 days (the modern value is 365.242198 days), and of a lunar cycle: 29.5302 days (the modern value is 29.53059 days)

18. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Um actually 2012 was the original date, but it's been postponed. The apocalypse is scheduled for MANY more years down the road.

The way I said that made it sound like a joke, but I'm serious o.o