1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Training Gaydar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Grof142007, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Gumtree

The way a person stands and sits when they have attention on them gives it away in my opinion.

No matter how masculine and 'straight' they my appear to be, when the spotlight is on them and they're nervous, they way they stand or sit gives it away instantly.

2. Janvier

I asked my friend how obvious I am and she said 'Well it's noticeable if someone sees you walk'. But at the same time it's not always that obvious (unless I drink of course), I remember one time in Amsterdam a group of gay guys were guiding us to a lesbian bar for my friend and they were very confused, they knew I was gay cos we met in a gay club but they weren't sure, one even asked me if I was a girl :eek: I have a deep voice and I lift weights for god's sake ! Damn drunken Dutch fag :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Oh and gay bars in Holland are weird and I mean WEIRD, theres the lesbians at the bar, the young guys doing a traditional dance and creepy pervs at the back, no pumping techno beats but traditional folkloric dutch music (accordion, flute and stuff).

Anyway, I totally got off-track there.
    I think I have a pretty good gaydar, for me the typical signs are:
    -clothing (neat, nice and.. gay)
    -posture (hip to one side, the other leg slightly bent, shoulders back, straight back)
    -arms
    I don't know what it is about gay guys and their arms but it's such a give-away for me esp if their holding a bag, their arm is usually a little further back and straight and the bag doesn't move, no swinging. Manpurses are an even bigger sign.
    But now theres so many emos and Tecktonik, even the regular guys dress like mega fags. :bang:

3. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The eyes generally do it for me. Just the way someone makes eye contact with you (not 'checking you out' as such, just in general, during conversation) seems to give it away.

4. Enaithor

omg that is EXACTLY how i stand lol

5. Mickey

Anyone who meets me knows I'm gay.(Or mostly) I guess I look gay.I wear t-shirts and jeans pretty exclusively. I'm not totally masc. but there isn't a whole lot fem.about me,either. I guess tomboyish would cover it. I never hide the fact I'm gay. I figure if someone has the guts to ask,I have the guts to answer. I do wear a pride ring and have a rainbow key chain that says,"we're everywhere." So...I guess I'm just a big ol' queer! I have pretty good gaydar. I have been known to be wrong,but not a lot. My friend Ann looks more like a lesbian than I do,and she's 100% straight! She was one that I was wrong about!

6. pianomike

i am a lot like this but i don't know all the words to "Hakuna Matata" lol

7. pianomike

i'm a lot like you but i don't know all the words to "Hakuna Matata" lol
    And how does that make you gay i wonder, IDK Jk JK

8. mattypants

OMG!! i just caught my self standing like this and i remembered this thread and burst a lol. the people in line looked at me. xD
    at least i dont slouch :grin:

9. steveo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh god lol I act more gay than I thought! I stand in that same way. Also I make hand gestures so much sometimes when I'm talking to people online I will make them lol. Also if one of my friends is wearing something that I think looks good I'll comment on it.

10. HalfInsane

For people who don't know me at all, they always assume I'm straight. And then once they spend more time around me, they think I'm straight with a slighty tomboyish streak to my personality. However, since all my friends, as well as what I'd guess to be about half the school now know, everyone is aware of it whether they've got any kind of "gaydar" or not. That being said, all my friends said they weren't shocked to find out, not that they guessed... with the exception of my best friend/now girlfriend.

11. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Everyone assumes I'm straight, but the Bi thing helps a lot, it just there's times someone may catch me looking at guys as well as girls. I tend to try not to look at guys though, out of respect, especially in the dorms and showers.

12. McBenz

yeah for me it's a couple things...one is that i really short hair. i also have tons of piercings.

people always ask me why i haven't had a boyfriend in so long..i'm always like "i haven't found the right one" haha

but i think it is pretty obvious for anyone who cares to pay attention.

13. just wanna B me

weird. never thought of that before. you are very right. must be a comfort zone thing...

14. Pixbadgirl

Hmmm. Howz my 'gaydar' Jazz???? :roflmao:

15. Most people assume I'm gay after they hang out with me. My clothes are pretty boring so that's not it. I'm completely at ease with girls, usually. Most of my friends are girls. I actually said "Scandalous!" today... That probably doesn't help.
    Usually the only way I can tell is if guys always hang out with girls, or they're pretty obviously gay in some other way.
    With girls, I can't tell at all, usually. Sometimes I get lucky and guess right. Okay, once.

16. littledinosaurs

That is the biggest give away in the world its amazing :slight_smile:
    I've heard a lot of talk about eye contact, can anyone explain how you can tell when its gay eye contact?

17. mattypants

wouldnt it still be like "straight" eye contact?

18. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    gay eye contact = extended eye contact. Most straight males are afraid of looking at other males and try to look away immediately.

19. lexie

its just intense prolonged direct eye contact you make when you look at someone you are attracted to. its the same way straight people lock into eye contact with someone they like. when you talk with someone you like, you tend to look deeply into their eyes, and gaze, so you get lost in their eyes. the eyes seem to be the big give away.

20. kh23172

Umm..

Sometimes I talk a bit gay, and act a little bubbly, and that is usually what gives it away for me. Although, I don't possess the characterisitcs of any stereotypical gay teenage boy, so often times people are always confused. I can't tell you how many times people have "asked" me if I'm gay, and before I decided to come out, I always said no.. and they always believed me. Generally though, I do hang out with a lot of girls like many people have said, at school I have limited guy friends. Though, on my rowing team, it's all guys, and they're the vast majority of my guy friends. But.. it's all good here, no complaints. :grin: