1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro 2008

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by cc6log, Jun 20, 2008.

1. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Italy never really turned up though. They never looked amazingly strong. I mean Holland were all over them and Russia pretty much outplayed Holland so I think Russia are going to be the team to beat. I'm still not saying a deffinate no to Spain though.

2. cc6log

Yeah I can see that, but although I didn't see the game Russia got rolled by Spain in the Group stages 4-1. I can only assume there are some big match-up problems for Russia when they play Spain... Although they can now change their game to try and fix what obviously didn't work against Spain. And I think that was both teams first games, so a lot has happened since then and Russia has been on a roll. Man it's less than 24 hours away but I am already getting pumped for the game. I feel shortchanged by today's programming debacle.

3. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

I know it was rubbish!! Especially when Germany scored their goal and we had to wait for like 5 minutes to see it. I was not impressed!! Yer, it's a tough one. Should be a very good match though. Hopefully we will have clear coverage of the whole match!! It really depends which teams come out tommorrow and who is having the better day. I think both are capable of beating the other, just depends which way the luck goes.

4. cc6log

BTW what happened to England this year? I only ask because they seemed to play pretty well at the cup 2 years ago? I was very surprised when I didn't see them in there. Did they draw really tough matches in the qualifying rounds or are they just a lot worse than they were 2 years ago?

5. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Ermm.. no. They were absolutely shocking and pretty much fell apart!!

They didn't get through the qualifiers, Croatia and Russia did. Basically they were pretty aweful and deserved not to get through. If you're interested here are the results:

http://www.england2008.co.uk/euro_2008_qualifying_group_e.htm

But hopefully this is a kick in the right direction after Steve McClarren who was the worst manager probably in England's history! Capello hopefully will sort things out in time for the next world cup.

I mean we only beat the U.S.A, 3-0 in friendlies.. Before it was something like 11-0 to England. Anyway.. we need a dramatic overhaul I think!!

6. cc6log

HAHA, the US is always terrible, I put money on them to win but I always expect my money to never return... I hope they qualify for the cup and make it out of the round robin groups but I'm sure I will be let down like almost always, that's why I follow the international game more, the US soccer club league is the equivalent of what the CBA is to the NBA, I just can't watch the CBA or the American league.

Changing it up a bit...
    I don't understand how teams can be put together and play this many qualifying games over an extended period at the same time all of these players are on different club teams.?
    I am from America and I don't see much about this game over here and I am very new to it "got interest only the last few years" but it seems as if these guys never stop playing... When the hell can they find time to practice with their respective teams club or national... and when the hell can they find time to buy hookers like Ronaldo? j/k

7. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Lol I don't know either. I think that's what the money is for - they can afford to be basically flown to the centres of excellence where they all train together. I don't know lol. In the Uk anyway some weeks a club will have two or three matches. They play away in Europe then fly back to the Uk have three days of training then play a premier league match. Seriously though, it's all about the money. The amount they get paid is rediculous!! So do you follow the premier league at all??

8. cc6log

I might if it was ever on TV here, pretty much all we get are big championship matches, like the club one between Chelsea and Man U, and the occasional Argentina vs Brazil on our Spanish channels. Otherwise I have to wait every two years for a world or Euro competition. I did hear the statement by one commentator saying that Lahm looked like a 20million pound striker on the last goal. Sounds like our American Baseball salaries right there. But hey, they are the ones who win games and bring in the revenues from tickets, sponsors, and apparel sales

9. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Yer.. I think Cristiano Ronaldo had a price of something in the region of £80 million if he went to Real Madrid, but I wouldn't be supprised if he goes for more!! But then again he is AMAZING.

10. cc6log

True but he always chokes in the clutch!!!!! World Cup, Club Championship, etc. I'm not a big fan of him but he is amazing

11. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

But he scores goals - 31 premier league goals in one season isn't bad, plus Europian top goal scorer as well. I just love the way he plays though. He really does make it look so easy and his skill level is just amazing. I think he totally desevers all the credit he gets.

12. cc6log

I don't want to debate that the guy is a freak, he definitely is, but in the big games "which are the only ones of his i have seen" he doesn't pull the team through the end like someone with his ability should be able to do. He did make the goal in the first half of the champions league championship match so maybe this criticism is not well founded "a hangover from the world cup possibly" In the Germany match last week didn't he loaf off one of the Germans which ended up turning into a header goal? Again the guy is definitely a man amongst boys quite often on the pitch I cannot deny that.

13. cc6log

Spain puts it away in the 82nd minute. Germany and Spain on Sunday in the Finals... That one could go to 0-0 PK's

14. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

See I told you I would probably be wrong!! lol. Still I can't see Germany winning.. well at least I hope not. Spain deserve to win something and have far more flair.

15. cc6log

I can see that, But I gotta stick with my conservative play team, although Lehman is coming off a terrible game... I gotta give the edge to Spain the way they are playing, I just hope the match doesn't turn into a blow out by either team, I wanna see it come down to 90th or 120th...

16. cc6log

My last post on this thread... Germany was lucky to be in the game for the full 90 minutes. Not happy about it but Spain deserved it... And my soccer "football" posting is done.

17. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hahah at least I got one prediction right :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Spain deffinately deserved it!!