1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myspace/Facebook

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Trumpetplyer23, Jun 13, 2008.

1. who am I

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I did have mine on lesbian but I had to change it to Bi

2. NoLeafClover

I had it blank for a while on Facebook, but then changed it to Interested in: Men...then I got a message from a friend saying that their own Interested in status wasn't "accurate," and he asked me if I wanted to go out some time.

I'm still unsure of what to think about it. Sometimes I wonder -- it has to start somewhere. You can't meet gay men who identify (in one form or another, in this case online) as straight. Maybe I just don't know how to put it into words, but the whole thing to me is kinda ridiculous. People fully in the closet wonder why they can't meet other gay men. Open the door? Or at least put up a sign =P

3. agraves

I had myspace set to straight for quite some time, until recently when I changed it to bi. It got me a couple messages questioning it, but that's about all. My facebook still says men...which when you think about it isn't a lie...I'm just not telling the whole truth. Maybe I will change it tonight.

4. BabyBoy

Mine had said straight since day one, but then when a few friends found out about my sexuality, I was like "....Meh....whatever." and I was staying at my friend Haley's house for the night, and she was like "Are you seriously gonna do that?" I said "Yeah...I'm ready" and it was so much easier than I thought it would be, and it ended up bein better for me in the end.

5. JeremyB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine was straight for like... 7 months. Then I changed it to "Not Sure" (even though I was sure XD) for like a month or two and then I came out to like... Everyone at once. O__o
    Now it's been gay for about 9 months. :]

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think changing my Myspace page to "lesbian" was my real coming-out moment, because it was public from then on.

7. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Thats what I did as well for myspace, had orientation empty. I didn't have to do it for facebook, cause I was out before I had a facebook and had it set to male/female from day one.

My mom admitted to me when I came out that not setting it to straight was definitely a sign that I was questioning my sexuality. It felt good to not lie though, it avoids a lot of hassle later on. "But your myspace said you were straight!!"

I think having it empty is a good precursor to coming out, or saying "not sure" though that one is pretty damn revealing.

8. darkness

I left it blank until I came out then I changed my orientation created a bulletin saying take me or leave me and filled my page with hot pics of women...lol:thumbsup: it was easy I just decided to come out to the whole world in a day with a group of friends from EC last year I think I was the only one to take it to that extreme...(&&&)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

9. lostinthought9

I have mine set to straight on myspace...and it's probably gonna stay that way till i come completely out...

10. Defender

Defender Guest

I left it blank on my Facebook. I changed it a little while and I don't really care who sees it now blah

11. SRSLYMARK

When I still had a MySpace, I kept it unmarked because I had a lot of family in my friends list.

On my Facebook I had it marked as "Interested in: Men" for a long time (because all of my Facebook friends already knew, or wouldn't care), but I just recently added my choir director as a friend (because I'm lame), so it's not marked. My director, she's great, but my love life isn't really her business.

12. musicgirl112233

That's what I did.

13. DylanBoy

right now i have mine as straight. i hate feeling dishonest, but i think leaving it blank is a pretty big sign, at least in some circles. and if i take it down now, i guess that'll be a sign too.

i have friends from work on facebook which is the biggest reason i feel like i can't change it.

any thoughts?

14. Hoppip

I have 'gay' on my myspace. Which is why my sister and I have an odd 'don't ask don't tell' policy. Because we both know that she knows. And so she doesn't ask questions! ^_^

Facebook? I hate Facebook. I don't even know why I have one. But it's not on there. I'm just too lazy.

15. Blitzkrieg

Me too.

16. RobbIsFlyyy

I did.
    For like, EVER.
    Now it's not displayed.
    I set it to say Not sure one day.
    Luckily no one saw.
    :]

17. ccdd

ccdd Guest

So on Facebook, there's this girl, who has EVERYTHING in the personal profile bit filled out, EXCEPT for "interested in". As in, she's filled everything in but the bit that says whether you're interested in men and/or women - to me that's a possible sign. Do you agree? Plus she has short hair - which I know isn't a sign but still - we don't know each other too well yet, but we've been talking a lot. I suppose when we get to know each other better she'll tell me or I can turn the conversation that way or make hints myself.

But don't know her well enough yet lol!!

(if she IS a lesbian this would be so much easier if I were out and she were out. But she's probably straight. But she sets my gaydar right off. But I have only literally just got to know her! Anyway, we'll see. Just wondered what you thought about possible Facebook-clues)

18. Alexander

I don't have anything set for interested in. I don't have much of that top section filled in anyway, so it doesn't look weird :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But hopefully very soon it will have "men" selected :slight_smile:

19. crimsonarcher

Mine doesn't say anything, it's just no answer. It's awesome when someone asks me why my orientation was set to "no answer", and i'm like "what do you think?"

20. ausdtc

My facebook says "Interested in: women" still. I made the profile before I came out of my own denial. And now I feel a bit guilty about lying, but not guilty enough yet to take the plunge and correct the misinformation :slight_smile: Removing it completely would probably cause questions to be asked too.. So, it'll stay for now.