1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umm, Help, Please.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PatC, Jun 12, 2008.

1. PatC

I'm not sure if thats all necessary, in there eyes they are just trying to be good parents (I know they are not doing that, but thats besides the point) I don't think social serviced is needed.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Do you have a landline at your house that you could use when they are out? Something they can't track? You need to contact authorities. This isn't right.

3. PatC

We dropped our landline cause everyone has a cell phone:icon_sad:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Pat! I'm sorry that you are in this difficult position. I am going to respectfully disagree with you on getting in contact with Social Services. I think you still should contact them because they can give you some advice on a number of issues related to the situation that you are in. I would urge you to get into contact with them to get some form of help given the fact that you have considered cutting yourself and that you are crying yourself to sleep and that you are deeply affected emotionally by their actions. E-mail social services and tell them the same things that you told us and see what they say. You are only 15. You should not have to go through this.

5. PatC

I think I might just give it some time, and see if they keep doing this shit.If they do, then I guess I'll have to contact them.

6. Andrew

Pat,

I am in the same boat as you :frowning2:. I could use some of this advice in this thread ^.^

-Luis

7. PatC

Well, thats proof that I'm not alone, which is actually pretty sad:frowning2:.

8. cityboy340

Originally: OC, California Now: Baltimore/DC
    Out of curiosity... is this petition something that will be sent to a government of sorts? Like an anti gay marriage petition?

9. PatC

That and then some, like full on forcing them to go to conversion programs and everything. I swear, they are going to hell when they die:dry:.

10. cityboy340

I think you may need to stand up to them because they seem a little psychotic to me. Do your gay-bashing cousins live near you?

11. PatC

Yeah, its a bit more then a little psychotic, on a plus side though, most people have been telling them to go to hell:slight_smile:. And no, they don't live too close, thank god.

12. cityboy340

How conservative a city do you live in?

13. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

You're right with that one you will never be able to change them if they feel this strongly about it I found out the hard way with my parents. But just because they think being gay is wrong doesn't mean it is as long as you are happy and proud of who you are that is all thats matters. Most of all remember you are not alone, plenty of gay people have family who think it is completely and utterly wrong, I know because I'm one of them, so just keep you're head up and don't let them get you down. If you want to talk feel free to send me a private message.:icon_bigg Good luck.