Should Hillary Drop Out of the Race?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gerry, May 7, 2008.

?

Well ... should Hillary drop out of the race?

1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If America is so tired of the same politics and Republicans in the White House, why don't more people support Hillary over Obama? Every poll I've seen points she has a better chance of beating McCain in the General Election than Obama has. I think America should've got smart a while back and backed Hillary so we have a chance of winning and not going on for 4 more years of this ...

2. Jerr

If the dem. party has any chance of winning it will be if one of them drop and back the other.

I already know who I'm voting for and this really won't effect it either way.

3. Kimi

Exactly.
    Now she is cold, mean, smart but selfish bitch.:rolleyes:

But, she said if she lose, she is willing to be a vice-president so why is she doing it still?

4. bitou

bitou Guest

Clinton should quit , it is time to unite the party around the greatest Senator Obama . Clinton want to damage the guy chances. Clinton out!

5. Hepcat

Yeah, she should. But then I've never really liked her that much and I think the constant competition is just making everyone sick of the democrats. (although that's probably just here)

6. Norwegian91

Well, im not gonna say that i really know the most about USA or their politics, but i think that Hillary should be Madame President. So no, she should not drop out of the race!

7. lostinthought9

NO WAY!!! she's not gonna drop out, and she shouldn't...the way I see it is, the democratic party has split either way u look at it, if hillary wins, obama supporters will vote republican, and vice versa with obama winning, so either way, the party will split...and i personally think that they hate each other so much, that neither will want the other as their VP...besides, the race isnt over yet, she could still win the nomination...but what pisses me off the most is that when i ask people who they're voting for, the say not hillary, because she's a woman, and she has PMS and is gonna ruin the country, that shit is the dumbest thing ive ever heard!!! ticks me off!

8. JSG

JSG Guest

This is a quote from the other political thread.
    :eusa_doh:
    Ok, now that's crazy talk
    And when does the Muslim calendar start??
    So before believing ridiculous RACIST e-mails, inform yourself.
    I never read the book of revelations so maybe there is a part that says some man of middle eastern decent will destroy the world blah blah blah, but do you REALLY think Obama is the anti-christ??? :eusa_naug

9. jroakwood

i dont think hillary should drop out.
    she should be our next president.

if the average dem was as well informed as they should be they would back hillary, because she will win against mccain in november.

in a hillary-mccain matchup, hillary will be more competitive when it comes to white working class voters, a group obama has yet to impress. hillary can also carry better with former obama supporters as exit-polls have time and time again shown. (more obama supporters would back hillary than hillary supporters would back obama)

basically. if obama is the nominee. hand mccain the presidency.
    because obama cant compete at the same level with winning over the white working class democrats. (so basically hand him states like west virginia and kentucky).

im still hoping the superdelegates WAKE UP, and realize theyre throwing 2008 away if they dont go with the stronger candidate.

hillary is winning the popular vote when you include michigan and florida.
    may 31st is when the DNC rules and bylaws committee meets to make a desicion on what do to with florida and michigans superdelegates.

no matter what the media tries to make you believe (which has been INCREDIBLY against hillary this entire race) hillary is not out.

in this race, there have already been so many mishaps, acts of fate, lucky/un-lucky things. (whatever you prefer to call them)
    what if florida(?) had held its primary on super tuesday with the rest of the states?
    what if a state like west virginia had come sooner in the primary season?
    i think both of those would have given her an overwhelming momentum and obama would be history by now.
    i think this primary season was all a matter of chance, and if things had gone even a slight bit differently, we would be looking at an entirely different race.
    its funny how things happen.

"For everyone who's ever been counted out but refused to be knocked out and for everyone who works hard and never gives up, this one is for you!" - Hillary Rodham Clinton

#29 jroakwood, May 27, 2008
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
  10. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I hope on May 31 that the DNC will give Hillary all the delegates of Florida and Michigan, that would be amazing and raise the number needed to be the nominee, to 2210 I think? Anyways, Obama has just had pure luck and if different states voted in a different order I think this entire democratic primary could be over and it would be Hillary vs McCain ... but like stated above, if Obama becomes the nominee the U.S. might as well get used to have a Bush 3rd term again..*sigh*

11. Nodnarb

While I think the Dems are going to win with either Hilary or Obama, I know that Republicans despise Hilary more than any other candidate we could put out there. GOP voters will go out and vote just so she doesn't get it, even if they don't like McCain either. I can't imagine that will help in the general election.

Obama did win Iowa, and other midwestern states, made up almost entirely of white working class voters.

I think by the time November rolls around, the majority of people on each side claiming they won't vote for the other will use some intelligence and realize what a terrible mistake that would be.

Again, Obama has been successful in other states with white working class voters. Also, I think the war is going to be the huge issue, and I know people around here just want it over. Those people aren't going to vote McCain.

But that isn't counting caucus states, most of which have gone to Obama.

And Obama didn't campaign in Michigan and Florida, and his name wasn't even on the ballot in one, so it would not be fair to count those votes when the playing field wasn't equal for all candidates.