1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Keiss, May 5, 2008.

1. shyguy626

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i want to go but im deff afraid and feel uneasy b/c im like a newbie to the outside world haha

2. crimsonarcher

I kinda plan of attending the San Francisco Conservatory of Music in San Francisco to be a violin and hopefully cello performing major...not sure what degree though.

3. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once I hang up all of my pipe dreams, it'll probably end up looking something like this:

1. Arizona State University
    2. Northern Arizona University
    3. University of Arizona

:frowning2:

4. sdc91

Both MIT and UPenn have dual science-business degree programs (MIT + Sloan, UPenn + Wharton). Eventually I want to have a business degree, so if I don't get one concurrently then I want to try my hand at applying to INSEAD in my late twenties.

Olin is very good . . . free, and the dorms are like palaces! Haha. I'm just concerned about the cross-registration with Babson.

Rice University has fantastic nanotechnology and chemical engineering programs, but I just don't like the location because I live 20 minutes away from it . . . and I don't want to live here for 4 more years.

UC Berkeley is good, too . . . and public, so a bit cheaper (unless the other schools adopt Harvard's payment policies).

Stanford is one of my #1s, due to the programs, faculty, location, and general school atmosphere. I feel like I'd fit in there. MIT is tied with Stanford because I really want to do UROP and MISTI programs (intern with Lufthansa or VW in Germany), plus I want to return to Cambridge.

Harvard is just kind of in there, lol. Just kidding, it's an excellent school.

I think I have a decent chance at some of them. I have a chances thread on college confidential . . . heheh, see if you can find it.

5. Wired106

SDC-- lol ya that's what I didn't understand. Because they all have completely differnet focuses on majors and its not like you can put a differnet major for each college to get into them lol. Like for instance Berkeley is known for its extremely good business program and Harvard is known for Medical and Law, which are completely different from business and those are only 2 schools. The other schools have even more spread out majors...

6. Keiss

Austin, Texas / Charlotte, North Carolina
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jealous!

I want to intern with a German company so I can still use my German skill out of high school.

Ich hasse dich so viel. jk :grin:

7. neverover

im planning on IT operating system

8. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there's no use mentioning where I go since I highly doubt anyone here has heard of it but I am majoring in History with Secondary Education and minoring in Psychology. :slight_smile:

9. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

ooh! totally forgot about those! my friend is doing the one at Upenn, its crazy competitive to get into those dual degree programs though, good luck! I considered applying to Upenn and I would have applied to the Hunstman program, which is a dual degree from the college and wharton for international studies/business

10. InaRut

On my way to brock University...Once I get all BILLION registration forms completed of course.

Studying Film Studies..

11. sdc91

I know! It's REALLY competitive. I don't think I have much of a shot, but I can always try.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

I hope to be going to either....

Manchester University
    Trinity college, Dublin
    University of Glasgow
    Cambridge
    University of liverpool

(I mention 5 because thats the maximum your allowed to submit yourself for in the UK)

Also on my gap year I wish to study Mandarin Chinese for one year in Bejjing... I've been looking at a few universitys there like Tsinghua and Peking university.

13. sdc91

Eifersüchtig? Hah, ich liebe VW + Lufthansa (die Flugbegleiteren sind seeeeehr heiß!)

Na ja, ich hasse dich auch. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#33 sdc91, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  14. Kat22

I currently attend a 4-year college and am majoring in Human Biology-Pre Doctoral Medicine Option. I will be starting the second semester of my Junior year in the fall, but am considering transferring to a larger college or Univerisity for the year and a half I will have remaining after the end of the fall semester.

I also am only a few credits shy of a minor in Spanish Language and Writing, but my institution dropped the program, which would be another incentive to my transfer.

15. ampthejazz

I'm going to Wesleyan University next year. Right now my major is undecided, but I'll probably end up double majoring in Music and something else.

16. Siateac34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm hoping to go to McGill or Concordia [in Montreal], either that or going to Maryland State (their campus is MINDBLOWING)

17. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I really want to get into UC Davis because of their science-based programs. My two back up colleges are UC Irvine and Cal Poly.

What I want to major in is Biomedical Sciences, but it's pretty broad, that's why I'm taking two science classes my Junior and Senior year to further narrow down my choices for major. :grin:

18. johnny11

Haha well since everyone els like posted lists here were some other possibilities

Pepperdine

Stanford

UCLA

NYU

19. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

i would steer clear of pepperdine personally....its ranked as one of the top homophobic campuses in the country. quite unfortunate, considering that its in malibu.....

I attached Princeton Review's top 15 LEAST accepting campuses in terms of the gay community

Attached Files:

20. sdc91

Whoa, Baylor is that homophobic? I knew it was in Waco and was Baptist-affiliated, but whoa. And A&M? Well, that's in college station. Blah, small towns.

Whoa, I thought Pepperdine was in Pensacola for some reason . . . wrong side of the country, lol.