Religion Curiousity...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Peridot, May 4, 2008.

1. LOVEjames

Ohdear. xD Relating to daydreaming in church services... I was at a good friend of my aunt's last year for Thanksgiving, and they're extremely hardcore conservative fundamentalist Christians, and one of the things that the woman said before we ate was that we had to Pray, if we didn't Pray, then they should just leave the house. And she had her eyes on me the whole time because I think I was the only one in the room who wasn't a Christian and she was very aware of that. Anyways, while everyone else was praying to their God or whatnot, I was thinking of Brad Pitt slowly, and sensually, stripping. I mean, the thoughts running through my mind were enough to make... well. <3 I'll leave that to myself.

2. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm an atheist as any1 who has ever talked to me would know. I'm also a Humanist and a Skeptic. I can be the guy that gets into discussion about and I can be the guy that keeps quite.

3. n1ck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm an atheist and like to think of myself as being a freethinker :slight_smile:

4. interstella

well... I'm from a Muslim (and very homophobic) background, but my parents are atheists (raised as Muslims). I'm an atheist as well, but I wouldn't dare tell anyone else in the family (parents aside).

5. Trumpetplyer23

I'm Buddhist, but I still believe in God and Jesus. I don't believe in the Bible, because it's been rewritten so many times. Also, all the controversy over what the Bible says sickens me.

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a catholic but don't really follow the bible.

I tend to have very spiritual beliefs so I believe in things like spirits, angels, reincarnation, past lives, etc. I do believe in God and I believe the angels are his helpers, and that everyone's guardian angel and spirit guide was sent by God to be with us and assist us throughout our lives.

That's a very basic summary of what I believe.

7. jazzrawr

I'm not really any one religion, I think that there are so many religions out there and people fight over who is right so much that who really knows which one is right? My mom is Wiccan, and that really interests me. (Its not evil like people think it is...its just very much about nature and the earth, and protection. people always think "witches" are evil...*rolls eyes*) I dont follow the bible, because i think that a whole bunch of guys who thought they knew everything wrote it, so its not really the truth.
    and theres my little rant. :slight_smile:

8. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a Deist

9. Peridot

What's that exactly? sorry, I'm too lazy to look it up...

10. DylanBoy

i'm agnostic. raised catholic and believe in god, but hostile to most organized religion probably bc of the catholic upbringing i had. so yeah

11. ANightDude

I have no idea what I am. I am a luthren (sp?) but I drifted away. After reading the bible, I figured why worship a man who wants us dead, which it says clearly in the bible.

12. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Essentially, there is a higher power that may or may not be the god(s) described by various books and organizations. Sort of a middleground for things. Of course it differs from person to person and our deist members may have different versions of their beliefs, but that's the extremely basic and watered down form.

13. Vampyrecat

One of my friends is a Seventh Day Adventist and is EXTREMELY religious. As in, goes to church every sunday, every friday night, goes to every christian youth camp she can.
    Yet she is one of the most open minded, lovely people you will ever meet, and she's completely okay with homosexuality, because she agrees with me that love is love, and that god is love, so as long as you love someone, you're OK in the eyes of God.

Personally, I don't believe in God. I believe that while the Bible has some good things to live your life by, you shouldn't take everything to heart,because it IS A BOOK!

14. Leigh

Leigh Guest

ditto

15. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am an Atheist in the vein of Richard Dawkins and an anti-theist in the vein of Christopher Hitchens.

I wish to live to see a world mostly free of religion, however unlike that is to come true in my life time.

16. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

I'm so against religion, i'm not even Atheist.

17. sparkyboyM

solid atheist, right here...

i don't mind people who are christians, hindus, jews, whatever. it's only when they're intolerant that i don't tolerate them.

18. lostinthought9

I'm non-denomination, but I was born and raised Catholic, but I quit this year, cuz i realised that I didn't believe in everything that they taught...

19. MeskElil

Yeah, Buddhism is a beautiful religion--along with Hinduism (the spiritual aspect of it). I am, however, a Protestant Christian, though I'm non-denominational within the Protestants. I do have great interest in Hinduism and Buddhism, though. I think they might be closer to the mark, since Hinduism is the world's oldest religion--there must be a reason why it lasted this long! :icon_wink

20. simon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm wiccan.

i'm more in it for the nature side of things