1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the biggest pain you ever had?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neverover, Apr 23, 2008.

1. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most awful physical pain I've ever suffered was when I was 19 and had a bowel infection. It was pretty indescribable.

The "hilarious" part was my parents thought I was just being a whimp and that nothing much was wrong with me and I finally made them take me to the doctor. Boy were they sheepish when they heard my diagnosis.

2. AlmightyFluffy

On the last day of summer, when I was going into the second grade, I knocked my left permanent front tooth out on accident. After several minutes of us trying to call dentists in town, all of which were closed, we drove the the walk-in clinic, where they had me lie down on a table as my mom shoved the tooth back into my mouth. 8 years of orthodontia later and you could hardly tell! :3

3. Jerr

Um...

I had surgery on my head to remove something and in order to do so they had to cut through my muscle... well muscle healing is the worst... I wasn't suppose to have pressure on my head but they gave me painkillers that I was allergic to so not only did they not work but I was vomiting (Which puts pressure on your head) AND... any facial expression I use apparently involved my forehead in some way or another...

it was more annoying then painful. (well... it hurt like a bitch but I had that surgery two more times and ignored all forms of painkillers... I just have high pain tolerance.)

AWWWW Mrs. Becky!

I second that.

4. Orion

Oh I remember now! It was a football injury. Actually it was mostly my fault :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: This guy was coming right at me and I was kinda desperate not to let him pass so I just blocked him with my leg, really hard xD He was running so fast he was actually propelled throught the air and spinned a little when he landed.

I figure he got the worst part of the deal, since he was really badly hit. It's not like I MEANT to do it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but anyway, the place where our legs collided was SEVERELY bruised for several months and it really hurt to do anything phyisical. Funny thing is, I didn't even had it checked by a doctor.

5. Vampyrecat

Being elbowed in the boob is an incredibly painful experience.
    and It happens to me on a daily basis.

It's gotten to the point where I cannot be around the people at my lockers because any kind of sudden movement causes me to flinch protectively over my boobs.

the shame.

6. kozmic blues

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think my surgery for my vericose vein. I couldn't really walk for a couple days. =/

7. panda

I had three fractured ribs after a fall. I lived in a chair for three weeks .If I lay down I couldn't get up because of the pain. I had to pee in a cup cause I coudn't walk as far as the bathroom.OW!!

8. davo-man

Hehe, that's funny (and painful at the same time)...anywho, it reminded me of George Micheal from Arrested Development. Watch from 1:30 on. Hell Funny

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=nycfNgZUwoM[/YOUTUBE]

9. sparkyboyM

well, there was the time when i was 11 and trapped my finger in a firedoor hinge...a heavy, self-closing fire door...

but i think more than that was when i was clearing out the garage about a year ago, and...well, who the hell keeps a crafting knife loose in a paper bag on the top shelf anyway?! i reached for a box, knocked the bag by accident, and fell to the floor where i was hit with a shower of hornby trainsets. and the crafting knife that was buried handle'deep in my thigh. in retrospect, attempting to pull it out was a bloody stupid thing to do, seeing as it snagged on my jeans and caused me to just keel over on my side and just lie there for i don't know how long. with a 3-inch blade stuck firmly in my leg.

10. My Names Ashlee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The worst pain for me was when I was riding my bike and tried to miss a kid and hit the curb and flew off the bike and pushed my arm all the up into my shoulder Blade. I had to go to the hospital and they had to pull it out and I had to wear a sling for 3 weeks and then had to go P.T. for 3 weeks. It sucked

11. MusicIsLife

Either when I sprained my foot -- it was so badly sprained that the doctor thought i broke it
    or

My industrial piercing. That hurt soo bad.

12. Zak

Zak

sprained foot...not bad, nothing has really happened to meh! :icon_bigg

13. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :confused: Nearly everybody has a crazy story.

Because my two were painless, I had no idea others had bad experiences with ingrown toenail operations. I even have pretty large big toes which were operated on, and up until those operations, I regularly stained my socks with blood just from walking.

Back on track--I have two nominations for this thread. First, when I was maybe five years old, I don't know what my dentist was doing to my mouth, but he made me cry. Second, when I was in around second grade, a teacher saw me climbing on decorative holes in my school's wall. She then firmly grabbed me by my ear and walked around with me in this way. As a kid I rarely caused a scene, but I couldn't bare to keep my pain to myself, so I kept yelling that she was hurting me. I felt as if she were literally dragging me by my ear. Gah, thinking about this is making me mad. You know, I do have these nifty things called hands that can be easily grasped. Anyway, luckily she eventually dragged me near near my mom, and that's when the teacher let go of me. I had my mom examine my ear, and I was surprised to hear that it looked normal to her.

It's a shame that I was too well-behaved than to 'give her a taste of her own medicine' by kicking her. But, oh, was I tempted.

#53 Lava421, Apr 25, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  14. Vampyrecat

Also Remembered the time I had my two incisors surgically pulled down from around the cheek bone mid nose area (they were a good two cms away from my gums, and they hadn't moved at all, not even after I had my baby teeth removed.
    I was spewing blood and headachey and couldn't eat for about a week. That hurt a lot.

15. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

ewww teeth things really hurt!!!
    last summer i knocked a large section out of my two front teeth by getting hit in the face with a surfboard and had to have 8 injections into my top gum. it was so painful and the worst thing was it was right next to my eyes so i just had to watch it going in... i also had a totally numb face (including nose??) for the rest of the day lol!

16. Alex

Hm ive never really had any major accidents.
    However when i was something like 5 years old, i want to do a somersault i hit a hard edge on a couch with my right eye brow. It only needed 4 stitches to get it back together, so nothing major. Still have a scar. I cant really remember the pain from it though, but i am sure it must have hurt.

17. BabyBoy

Shin splints :icon_sad:

18. Defraction

I just trapped my fingers in the door where the hinges are and I scraped some of the skin off on the finger next to the pinky. That finger, the pinky and the middle one look all mashed in where your nail starts to grow.

It looked uber gross yesterday but they're alright now. It was dead painful though. ¬_¬

19. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yikes, these make me cringe. >.<

I once broke my finger which was uber painful. I am lazy though so tis very rare for me to injure myself. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Helen

Helen Guest

I fell onto the corner of a cardboard box and cut my head open when I was 3. I imagine that probably hurt like hell, but I don't remember it ^_^

Most pain I've ever been in that I can remember was when I was rushed into hospital with some virus that everyone thought was appendicitis.