1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Did You Join EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vampyrecat, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I joined because I wasn't comfortable with who I was and I wanted some palce to chat about it.

EC saved my life :grin:

2. wildncgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I joined to freely talk about sexuality, and to meet others. Just need a place to vent about how I feel....

3. Vampyrecat

One thing I have gleaned from all these replies is that most people seem to have joined for the same kinds of reasons, they didn't feel comfortable on ***, or they needed somewhere to talk about how they felt inadequate or weren't comfortable with themselves.

4. stevieboy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I joined as i have just come out of the closit and am married with two little kidies and I needed sme suport advice and to meet others who are gay and can understand what i have been going though. Im still very in the closit as such but given the fact I have only been out a few weeks and still trying to come to turms with it as well as sort my life out between me and my wife etc we are getting though it slowly with good days and bad days. but readding stuff up on here makes me feel a little better about things and has helped answer alot of questions that have been going around in my head for years. So its nice to know im not as strange or as warped as i thought but quite the oposite as there are many with the same feelings etc.

kind regards
    Steve.

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I joined because I wanted a place to go and talk with people who can relate to me. I'm glad I did join because I cannot live without this site. :slight_smile:

6. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

because i got kicked out of ***

7. Hugh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really wanted to come out to the world and thought I'd be inspired...now I'm not sure that I need to, but this is a great place to spend some time!!

8. Hepcat

I joined because although I've known I'm gay for a long time, I've just simply ignored it, and tried not to think about it. This place has made me more comfortable talking about all sorts of gay things XD. And it also gave me the confidence to come out to one person (something I didn't think I'd ever be able to do) so that you all so much.

EC is great.

9. kramer362

I joined to see what other people had to say about being LGBT. Upon seeing what others said, I realized that every thought, justification, or excuse I made for same sex urges has been felt by others here, so I couldn't make excuses any longer and I've come out to myself, but not anyone else yet :confused: Thanks to this place though I do wanna come out, which I never would have imagined even six months ago...

10. Cheese Love

I was sick of being ashamed and self-pitying. I was also pretty clueless as how to come out. Also, I was tired of believing that those closest to me would be disgusted by me. EC showed me that's not true... Just by hearing people's stories and their thoughts as well.

11. Alec89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Always new I was gay but never expressed myself most likely due to fear of what people would think of me. Got tired and angry over the years for acting in a hetrosexual or asexual manor in situations that I wasn't comfortable with, and so eventrally last year I came out to my first friend and she surgested EC

12. Jim1454

Why? Because at 35 years of age, I had FINALLY figured out that I was gay, and was coming to terms with it. (At the same time I was also trying to overcome an addiction, and separate from my wife of 9 years...)

While I had family and coworkers that I could turn to over my separation, and my 12 step group members for help with my addiction, I had nowhere to turn for help with this whole thing about being GAY!!! When I found this site I knew immediately that I needed to join. I needed to be here, read other people's stories, and interact with other gay men and women in a positive, supportive, friendly way.

I KNOW - without question - that this site helped me get comfortable with being gay faster than I would have if I hadn't come here. I could start to see the homour in being gay. I could start to feel a sense of belonging to the gay community. It has been truly incredible for me to belong to this site. I joined because I needed to.

I stay because I want to make sure it's here for the next person that needs it as much as I did.

13. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That post inspired me to think a bit. I wonder if people's reasons for *joining* differ from the reasons they *stayed*?

I joined to be myself without restrictions.

I stayed because you guys are awesome. And because I want to help other people who haven't yet come as far as me (even though I'm not all the way yet).

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

My reasons are different to most of you, and those who have read my two articles in full Spectrum 2 will know the full story already.

I lobbied for EC to be created, joined and supported it from its creation because I strongly believed it was needed. There was nothing on the internet providing what EC provides.

If there had been something like EC (and the internet) when I was in my teens I know I would have felt much less alone, accepted myself sooner and come out sooner.

I stay here for the same reasons, and because all of you continue to make EC such a great place to be. EC is much bigger and better than I ever imagined when we created it, and this is thanks to all of you!

15. motleyjunkie

well one of my friends was telling me about it.
    and he said all the people are really nice.
    so i decided to join to make some more friends
    and just have some people to talk to about this stuff.

16. Brett

I was really curious about myself, and I felt so alone........but EC really did it for me! ^^
    I also really needed a place where I could get away with drooling over guys!