1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video by straight guy. Good points

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wired106, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Hepcat

I can't stand listening to people who believe that everyone should act the same. The world's diversity is what makes it such an interesting place. So he has no problem with gay people if they don't act gay or be gay in public. Then I would say he is homophobic.

2. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree, even though I'm the kind of person who would act stereotypically gay JUST to piss homophobes off. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. JWAD

JWAD Guest

He's putting over a point of view which applies to a small percentage of people. Although I wouldn't take part, Gay Pride parades make a non violent point that gay people want to be accepted into the community by playing it up. He's obviously only researched points made by people as Martin Luther King as there were many violent riots during the Civil Rights Movement but I’ve yet to hear of Gay Pride parades going round beating straight people. All of his points were very narrow minded and sadly this is sometimes the case that people in a minority region themselves lash out against other minorities as to feel part of the majority.

The problem is that in a small number of cases he has a point, it’s similar to women saying hold doors open for them and things like that but then how they're equal thus separating themselves and trying to be part of the crowd, it’s impossible. However he's applied this logic to the wrong situation, the Gay Pride parades are for equal rights and I don't believe gay people flaunt their sexuality anymore than a straight guy does so it's unfair to say that we do. I think a better example of his points is something that happened at my school although it's the reverse, we're aloud to kiss and that's about it at my school, my boyfriend myself my friend and his girlfriend were in the common room and a teacher walked in. Long story short my boyfriend had his hand on me (I think you know where) and we were kissing dramatically whereas my friend and his girlfriend, across the room were simply kissing in the corner, my friend got detention and because the teacher was afraid of being called homophobic we got off, personally I thought this was wrong as we were doing the same as them but because were gay we were treated differently even though it was in a good way. So I think what he's trying to say, in the wrong way is that we say were not treated equally when some people can make allowances for us that they wouldn't make for straight guys the same as with all minorities. He just expressed it in the wrong way, and wearing a mask didn't help.