Being mocked

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by silversurfer, Feb 16, 2008.

1. silversurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, lately I have been getting this feeling like I'm being mocked by everybody behind my back, I've had some pshyciatirc problems and have since highschool. I'm not working and have few friends the ones I do have I don't talk to much they're married, and even while I write this I'm shaking a little.

Since my Mother died last June I have been thinking that I contributed to her death by putting a lot of stress on her, now I live with my Father I think I'm putting stress on him. Everytime I go out I think people are laughing at me behind my back, like they are saying oh there's that loser again, I'm pretty anti-social.

I keep telling myself it's not true but I'm not so sure anymore.

2. wherewulfe

people will laugh at you, always, there is someone out there who is probably thinking about you in a negative way, but think about this

what is a thought? a simple message wirrten by the conscience mind said in a head or threw air?

so how is this air or electric charges (nerves firing) gonna effect you?

simple, only if you let it

3. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always felt like that. Like when someone near you is whispering they're saying something bad about you? yeah.

4. panda

Your awareness of thinking that people are thinking that you're a loser is just thinking.It's not true. Take a breath ,pay attention to the breath, tell the thought to go away and go back to your breath. Think only of your breathing.Inside you are a perfect human being.

5. silversurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the posts it does help to hear from people, overanalyising is something I've always done, it doesn't really matter what oher people think of me as long as I'm not hurting anyone. I'm a pretty decent person, so I have to stop overthinking everything, it's been a tough year. Thanks everybody.

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

yer thats what i do..:frowning2:

7. silversurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ethan what is it that you do, mock people or overthink things? I'm hoping overthink things.

8. Wired106

Ya you probably have been stressed out too with everything going on that year. I ALWAYS overthink thing and overanalyze everything. It almost drives me crazy lol. Like for instance.. With my best friend, if he hangs out with another friend or does something I then think like omg what are they doing and then think whats gonna happen and that sort of thing. I just overthink everything, even the smallest stuff. But ya basically I have just got use to it. Try not to worry about everything or forget about stuff. Try and be calm. :wink:

9. Alex89

People will always laugh at other people, but it's whether you let it get to you that will make it appear more prominent for one person than another. Don't let other people affect you or your decisions, because it's your life to do with what you want, not them.

If you're seeing a psychiatrist to help yourself, that's great so don't let other people make you feel worse for doing it - you're simply braver than them for taking a positive step. =)

With the stress thing, have you thought about it logically? Are you really putting that much pressure on your father, or have you magnified it all in your mind? If you think perhaps it may be putting a lot of pressure on your dad, try just doing some small things that may help him out and it can make all the difference - cooking dinner before he comes home, or vacuuming the house. It can really make a difference.

Finally, being antisocial is everyone's choice - you might like to try meeting some new people or going out a bit more, but never feel like you have to to live up to social expectations - do what makes YOU happy, and if you think you'd enjoy some company or going out and having fun with some people, go out with the intention of meeting some new people and you will!

I hope that helps a little bit. =)

10. silversurfer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everything everybody is saying helps alot, I do put a lot of pressure on myself. Hearing this much positivity can't do anything but help and it does. The stress builds and it starts to affect my thinking even though I no better, and insecurities get amplified. Thanks to everybody.

J.

11. Grantious

AWWWW :-(
    if its any consolation from what u've posted you seem to be a really cool person

luv ya