1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You have given me warnings, I went against them.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by new18, Feb 11, 2008.

1. s5m1

Here is a link to a website with various agencies in Arizona that offer testing: http://www.hipaz.org/testing.html. I would bet you could find one that offers free or nearly free testing.

I understand your reluctance to pursue this guy. While the age of consent in Arizona is 18, so your consent would not make it legal, going through the process of prosecuting this scumbag would be hard on you. It does not sound like something that will benefit you. Some victims find the process helpful because it brings them closure. Everyone is different, though.

While it is hard to think about now, your pain will begin to diminish over time. Eventually, you will be able to look back at this as a learning experience. This will take time, though. You may want to ask the agencies listed on the above website if they have some counseling available to you at no cost. You are going through a lot right now, and talking with someone may be helpful.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Agreed. That was certainly the case for my friend.

3. s5m1

Here is the phone number for a 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual abuse in Arizona (800-400-1001) and here is a link to their website: http://www.sacasa.org/. They should be able to provide you some information about counseling. I have worked with many victims of sexual abuse, both over and under 18. Counseling is a very important step in dealing with what you have been through. Please give it a try.

4. s5m1

Here is some further information about STD testing in Arizona for minors:

"Your state offers both anonymous and confidential HIV testing. This means that if you get tested for HIV, you can choose to either have your results confidentially reported to the health department using your name, or have your results anonymously reported to the health department using a number code, not your name. To find an HIV testing site in your area, call the Centers for Disease Control’s 24-hour National AIDS Hotline at 1-800-342-AIDS (2437) or click here."

5. biisme

i'm so so so so sorry honey.

don't worry, i'm not judging you at all. i hope you find the courage to bring him to court, but please do not hurt yourself anymore...and please do not commit suicide.

if you want to talk more privately you can ALWAYS PM me.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

6. Dave

Dave Guest

Hey New18 .. how you feeling? .. u r in my thoughts

7. Hollywood

I think everyone here has covered everything there is to say...you're just so lucky that he was a decent guy. Well, as decent of a guy someone can be who would buy plane tickets to fly across the country and have sex with a 22-year-younger minor.

This is something that is obviously killing you inside. However, in the long run, although I know it's hard to see, you WILL grow from this and be a better person because of it.

8. acorn7

I can't really add anything to the great advice, but I just want to say I support you and hope you get better. It was a mistake, but don't dwell on it and don't beat yourself up. We all make mistakes. Good luck :slight_smile:

9. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I disagree. It is entirely possible to fall in love with someone older than you. The gay community is supposed to be open minded. Love is free.

To the original poster, I give my deepest condolences. I hope you find a happy ending to this situation. Please don't cut, or abuse prescription drugs. It may seem like the easy way out, but you are only causing yourself more suffering.

Hang in there.(*hug*)

10. new18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I cannot talk to anyone about this. None of my friends and family knows I am bisexual. You know.. Tomorrow I might go to an STD clinic and I actually WANT to get an STD. Because I would LOVE to call his cell phone and tell him he infected me. -- I hope that makes him feel great.

My parents think I am going crazy, I cannot even cry anymore.
    I won't learn from this, I knew exactly what I was getting into. I doubt I'll grow from this.

If I WHERE to go to a Psychiatrist. What do Psychiatrists do?

11. justjoshoh

If he is the predator that the majority of us believe he is, frankly, he will not care if you get a STD. He got his rocks off and he is ready to move on to the next unsuspecting guy.

I am as concerned about your as emotional health as your physical health. At this point, you should understand that he did take advantage of the situation, he took advantage of you. Your previous posts made it sound like that you were upset with him because he lives far away from you and you want to be close to him, and that he deleted you from his Myspace. This guy is not interested in a relationship. Why do you still want contact from him? You should drop all contact. He is an abuser. A person that loves you and cares for you would not put you in a situation that you end up going home, crying and cutting and considering taking oxycodone until you O.D.

Mentioning oxy, it would not be a nice, painless death.

Seek treatment from the abuse hotlines provided above and the clinics for STD testing.

12. JSG

JSG Guest

It will make him feel great because if he is infected with something, then he transmitted it to you on purpose...
    :confused:

13. SpikySpice

That is true, because love got no boundary, but, the important thing is you have to know what's up with those people, you gotta know if they are trustworthy so dont let them use you..

Im sorry for what happened, I got nothign to add, but everybody makes mistake, but it's not all your fault

If that guy dont coem back to you, you need to forget about him, it's yoru first cut ever, so it's the deepest, but please speak it out to someone, we are here to give advice through the net, but you need soem people there physically to help you out

And that is something for me and other people especially teens to learn about

I hope you feel better, through time, you'll find someone you trust who also can help you to get over the past. But just stay put till your mind is stale again

Good luck with your life, be carefull next time...(*hug*) (*hug*)

#33 SpikySpice, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  14. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) First of all, I want to offer you a big hug, and tell you we all make mistakes. It happens even when we're supposedly older and wiser. You did not deserve this, no one deserves to be treated like this. I've been there, and I know exactly how you feel. It hurts, but all you can do is go on and look ahead.

Everyone has offered you some great advice, and I'm coming into the thread kind of late. So I'll do what I can.

First, I agree with everyone else who's said that you need to find an STD clinic. There are free clinics and also clinics that pay on a sliding scale. You can call your local health department and they'd probably be able to point you in the right direction. Planned Parenthood also does STD testing, and I believe the cost for them is a sliding scale. They are there to help in situations like this. They won't judge you. Usually the people who work in them are very nice and very professional.

Second, you used the word forced in your post. I don't like the sound of that. It implies something that hints at sexual assault. If you do call your local health dept. you could also ask about a crisis hotline for rape and sexual assault victims. That would give you someone to talk to about what happened. These places are often free.

Check your local phone book for the nearest GLBT hotline. Again, talking to the volunteers on the phone is free and gives you someone to talk to. They might also be able to direct you to resources for teens in your area where you could meet someone your own age.

You asked what psychiatrists do if you were to go to one. They will ask you questions about your mental health. They will talk about your situation. You tell them how you feel. They might or might not prescribe medication to help with anxiety or depression. Often, they can recommend a therapist or counselor.

You need to talk to someone, honey, and you need to get yourself tested. Remember you didn't deserve this. You can PM me if you'd like to talk more.(*hug*)

15. new18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am fine today, all though I have a history of turning sadness into anger. I want to make him suffer, my mother says I may be Bi-Polar, all though I do not like to classify myself with mental disorders because unless a psychiatrist diagnoses me I would not label myself as that.

On myspace, he added this guy. The guy must be 18, very "..girly.. like Mattew Lush type, submissive "

I lost a lot of weight, my mother noticed. I have been forcing myself to eat, because I am naturally skinny and do not need to lose weight from my already skinny lean frame. All though I want to vomit when I eat.

I GUESS I am TOO OLD FOR HIM NOW!!

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

You won't make him suffer the way he is making you suffer. He has done this too many times before. To him it's a game, and he may even enjoy knowing you're suffering. Telling him he has given you an STD or a mental disorder won't affect him at all. It may even please him. He doesn't care about you. I'm really sorry, but that's how it is with people like him.

The way to make him suffer would be to report him. But then you would suffer going through all that too, and have said you don't want to go there. I fully understand that.

Somehow you need to put this scumbag behind you and begin to think about moving forward. It won't happen instantly, but in the end it's the only direction you can take. He really is not worth your pain.

Please try to do that. Stop looking at his MySpace page. Take him off of your MySpace friends if he's there. Stop texting and emailing him and delete his number and email address from your address books. Unless you are planning to report him, delete all his emails, texts, MySpace messages and comments etc. He will already have done all this. He'll be busy grooming his next victim now.

Please try to put him behind you, and to think of yourself. Try to eat and keep it down. Try to have a good varied diet, and remember to drink water during the day too. Try to do things you enjoy or which at least take your mind off this for a while. Take care of yourself.

(*hug*)

17. new18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I seriously doubt anyone is that cruel. We are just human. No one is that evil. Those who are that evil are not stable in society.

I want to call him and tell him.

tell me why...
    Why and how you had the heart to f**k up my whole life
    How sick are you?

Then if he does not show remorse, I would tell him that I would go to the police. (Not really) To make him Sweat,

#37 new18, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I still think you are wasting your time. I bet he's had the police threats before and knows that it won't really happen.

He may even tell you why that is a bad idea, how you will be treated etc to make you feel bad. Or say he knows where you live and make threats against you. He will hurt your feelings for his own benefit.

You should stop plotting your revenge, which will fail on him, and move on. He is not worth your time and tears. The only viable revenge is to REALLY go to the police.

19. 24601

I think what you probably want is a psychologist - it might sound nitpicky, but there's a pretty big difference. If you're looking to be diagnosed with a mental disability like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia (as an example, I don't think you're schizophrenic), you see a psychiatrist; if you want counseling, you see a psychologist.

Psychologists generally have different approaches to problems, but the general picture is you go in, sit on a (generally) comfortable couch, and talk for a while. It can be any way you want - just talking, him asking you questions, anything. You have to be able to talk to someone for it to work, though - I can't really...

20. new18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just wish I had somebody who understood my position in real life. Like a friend who is bisexual, or gay. I am so traumatized by the sex, I am not even aroused by anything anymore.

My friends would accept me as who I am, but they would never understand. I am not ready to reveal my orientation yet.

What do you do when you know something's bad for you
    And you still can't let go?

You Walk Away,

but if you cannot Walk Away? You are an addict -- IS that what I am? Maybe, probably, yes. An addiction blinds a persons rationality to think.

Which makes them a lesser being in conscience.

#40 new18, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008