1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What really bugs you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Jan 7, 2008.

1. llenadepecas

... That im going to share it.
    Breaking promises.
    Discrimination.
    Wet hands.
    Cold hands and feet.
    Thats enough for now, me thinks.

2. ok455

Loud cars
    Cars that smoke
    People who pull out in front of you
    People who don't use there blinking lights
    People asking for rides
    And seeing the number 39 all the time

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People on message boards who can't take the time to type out the words "you", "to", "at", "in", "for", "before", etc. It's only a keystroke or two saved, it makes the message almost unreadable, and it's not a live chat - you have time to type your message legibly.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

^ Agreed.

People resurrecting ancient threads started by members who haven't been here for ages and replying as though it was started yesterday (I've deleted a couple today).

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People who come to a full bus stop, stand upwind, and light a cigarette.

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Annoying drivers. You would think i wear a "hit me" sign the way some of them drive as i'm walking to college. :frowning2:

7. baileyh

baileyh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People who talk on their cell phone while driving and it really bugs me.I honked my horn at one and showed my sign recently saying: Drive or talk on your cell phone.My girlfriend Yasmine also hates this too.Another is people disturbing me while doing something.This happen on Tuesday,I was torqueing a headbolt down to specs and it broke when some disturbed me for no reason.I was angry,had to take the cylinder head off,mask off the area with cardboard and duct tape where I do not want metal shavings,drilled it just enough so I can get an easy out on it and removed it.Luckily I had a spare head bolt set and headgasket on hand.

8. davo-man

People with acrylic nails
    Children
    Parents who give their children everything
    Year 11 strudents (esp girls)...Well not all of them, cos Im sure there are awesome Yr 11s, it just annoys me when they think they're top sh*t, when it's clear the Yr 12s are
    Having to clean up my room
    The fact that it take my computer AN HOUR to burn a DVD...and my sis wants me to burn the entire series of Sex & The City...its going to take me forever
    My crush on my best friend....seriously its really annoying
    The fact the Perth is so far away and the English/Russian hybrid is there and not here

9. CelebrityHead

The way ice cream on the ice cream lid melts much faster than the ice cream in the ice cream tub. And how when you put the ice cream lid back on, the melted ice cream on the ice cream lid pours into the regular ice cream in the ice cream tub.

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The endless Microsoft bashing I see. While Microsoft and their products are far from perfect, so is everyone else's and MS's products aren't as bad as some lead you to believe. Especially once Win9x got thrown in the garbage.

Windows XP is a very good general purpose operating system, and Office 2003 is a very good office suite.

It also annoys me when people write things like M$.

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

^ I agree.

Also people who blame Microsoft for things like hard disk failures which are clearly not Microsoft's fault. And people who blame Microsoft when their PCs get infested with viruses when they do not use sensible security measures (running as administrator or with no or out-of-date anti-virus software).

12. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

What pisses me off is when i see someone running to catch a bus and they almost make it and as soon as they get their the bus shuts the doors and leaves. =(

13. 24601

As others mentioned, people who can't take the time to properly spell things out, or use even a semblance of proper English. I'm not asking that everything be grammatically correct - shit, my stuff probably isn't - but at least spell things out, use punctuation, and type like you'd talk.

Smoking, drinking, people who don't try, people who don't do any work in group projects, excessive homework, busywork, dull pencils, required reading lists (I read anyway, I don't really see the benefit some people see in the "classics." I mean, sure, there are sometimes allusions to them in other works... but really...), senseless bigotry, people coming in my room, people touching my stuff (I don't have a problem letting people use stuff, but it annoys me endlessly if people just touch things...), people who suck at stuff and can't admit it, neocon right-wing evangelists, people who can't search the forum for other threads before posting their own (I haven't been here nearly as long as some people, but in my time here I've seen so many things posted over and over and over and over... I realize everyone's problems are special and such, but chances are the advice people are going to give to one person's problem is not going to be different when another person has the same exact problem!), certain colors, people who act like they know what they're talking about but really don't... I could go on. I hate the world.

14. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People who try to be so 'cool' in lessons by constantly pissing around and not being able to shut their traps when the teacher's talking, I mean, GEEZ, they're ruining it for people who actually want to learn, and their place at school could easily be given to someone much more deserving of it. There are people out there who would give EVERYTHING THEY OWN to go to a good school / university, while these rich bitches just waste their opportunities, not to mention their parents' money, pissing around and being selfish COWS. GRRRR!!!

15. Ty

Ty Guest

When technology doesn't 'just work' and your spending hours tweaking everything for it to work :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People that don't use their turn signals. To quote the movie "Shoot 'Em up"

"I move my finger one inch to use my turn signal. Why are these assholes so lazy they can't move their finger one fucking measly inch to drive more safely?"

17. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1)ATX power supplies. Back when dinosaurs rules the earth, the power switch on PC's and Macs was just that, a switch. You flip it and the computer shuts off immediately. And it wouldn't turn back on until flip it the other way.

ATX power supplies sound like a good idea. The computer will turn itself off once the OS is done shutting down, meaning the user doesn't have to wait for "It is now safe to shut off your computer". And the power button can be used to start the normal shutdown procedure instead of abruptly powering off the system.

However, if I'm pressing the power button on the case it is because I can't initiate a proper shutdown and I just want the machine OFF. With most computers it will shut off... if you hold the button down for 5 seconds. Some BIOS's can be configured to immediately power off when you hit the button, many don't. This is particularly annoying in laptops where it isn't so easy to manually kill the power. Any many new computers don't ship with a reset button, so if you want to manually do a hard restart you have to hold the button down for what seems like forever.

Many computers when they are plugged in will turn on for a second then turn off. Intuitively this doesn't seem healthy for the hardware. If you hold the power button while plugging it in it will just start up normally, saving cycling on the equipment.

One of my computers is supposed to automatically start if power is interrupted (for example a power outage). If the outage is brief it will not restart when power is restored.

2) Apple software. IMHO iTunes and Quicktime are viral software that infect PCs by stealing associations and INSISTING on autorunning at bootup. Not to mention their software is bloated and slow. The underhanded tactics of forcing iTunes on many unsuspecting Quicktime downloaders. I also find Quicktime a terribly crippled piece of software and I HATE how Apple forces MacOS styles onto their Windows applications but get real upset if people don't follow Apple design guidelines when developing UI for a Mac. Fortunately I use Quicktime alternative. Unfortunately they don't at school.

3) Windows that steal focus. As I was tying this message Firefox felt it so crucial to not only alert me to the fact that there was an update but steal focus so instead of typing in here I'm suddenly to agreeing to restart Firefox. Many applications are like this, and it's not a Windows only problem. The application installer in Ubuntu is terrible for stealing focus. If something is important, pop up the window in front of the current one, but don't steal focus!

18. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    4) MacOS feeling that it can dump 830KB in 34 files without authorization onto my flashdrive when it was only connected to a Mac to read files. They've been doing this since those strange contraptions called "diskettes"

19. otc877

otc877 Guest

1) People who bump into my snowboard in the lift line. ASD:LFKJSPODINFSD STOp it, back up.

2) Grocery store clerks who ask you about stuff you buy. Last time I bought a cake the cashier asked me who's birthday it was and why I didn't have a card. I responded, "I like cake"... it was my dad's birfday

3) People who flap their gums and make clearly audible smacking noises when they are eating/Chewing with mouth open.

4) People who tap their pens/click the top

5) People who can't sit still and result in shaking my desk as well as theirs...

6) The bitchy librarians at my school, who are PERMANENTLY PMSing

7) Hypocrites

20. SpikySpice

Stupid boys keep messing with me in English class, they burned my shirt and stuffs