1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old were you...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nintenfreak92, Dec 11, 2007.

1. AzureAegis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have this really vivid memory of playing around in bed with one of my friends completely nude :icon_redf. It sticks with me as being my very first gay experience and I swear I was like 6 or 7 years old. I moved a few years after that so I never really saw the kid again, I don't think I knew though that I was gay at that time since I was too young to understand... I had a very confusing childhood after that since I definitely remember liking girls and guys at the same time, but I think it was around the 4th grade (10-11yrs) that I realized that the feelings I had towards the same sex were winning the battle.

2. Mickey

16! And never regretted it!

3. ElizabethAnne

Been attracted to girls since I was in grade 7 (never went through the, "Boyzz!") stage, had secret crushes on girls, but always thought there was some sort of problem with me that I'd have to fix. Fell in love with my best friend. Never crossed my mind that I might be gay - just that I must be messed up or something. Earlier this year, I fell in love with my best friend, Amélie. She's gay, but she didn't tell me until later. Eventually I told her (BTW, this has been my only, genuine experience with crushing, falling in love, getting nervous about asking someone out, even though I've been out with several guys - IT WAS AWESOME!!)

So, yeah, still in the process of accepting it, but loving every minute of being with her! Still sometimes have a hard time saying that I'm gay out loud, but definitely getting better, but I think that deep down I'm probably gay, just having a heck of a time accepting it, even though I love being with who I'm with.

4. endingstart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it wasn't till I was 18 that I had my first lesbian experience. Once I eventually went through the whole "Am-I-bi?/-Am-I-gay?/YES-I'm-very-gay!-thing" then I thought about it and realised I've always been a lesbian, I hust didn't know it. I'd never had a boyfriend, and only ever really wanted one out of peer pressure. I had my first (boy) kiss when I was 17, it was awful. I guess I just figured I was a little bit weird the whole time... But once I figured it out I accepted it straight away. It was like a veil had been lifted... So, to the answer the question without going too much off topic, I was 18.

5. summersforecast

When I was 12 I thought that I might be gay, and youtube is a very usefull tool I checked out some videos denyed it for a whole year until i decided that was really just me and now I've spent about three additional years in the closet

6. TheRoof

probably between 15 and 16
    i mean i knew i was different,
    but i really figured it out when i was like 16
    so it's fairly recent(since i'm 17)

7. Shaylyn

First year of middle school, around 11 years old, is when I started to realize that I liked girls. I didn't actually act on anything until I was around 14 though.

8. Gay Robot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Accessing Memory Banks...

"i think ive been gay for a while, but i only accepted it a couple of weeks ago.

9. crystaltriforce

i realized i am bi sometime between freshman and sophmore year in highschool.

10. Noahroxursox

Known? 11
    Accepted it? 14

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I first realized it when I was 14, as a freshman in high school. I accepted myself and started to come out to people just recently and I'm now 18 and just graduated high school.

12. KaotikPrincess

When I was really young, starting at about the age of 8, whenever I played house or horses or beanie babies or whatever the role-playing game I almost always found myself playing the role of the male, being married to or in love with the girl... then when I was 14 I came across the realization that I was Bisexual because I liked to check out girls in the locker room and looked and thought about them in ways I hadn't before. Because of the support of my mother and my awesome friends I accepted my sexuality at the age of 14!:grin:

13. blikeo

i knew i was bi at 14
    accepted it after trying it at 15

14. King Gandora

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was never really the average boy, but I didn't discover I was gay until I was about 14. I finally accepted myself this year right as school ended. I actually came out to my first person this week.(!)(!)

15. Remy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was actually "normal" when I was little. I had girl crushes from around grade 5 to grade 8 and never once thought about guys. Grade 9 I kind of unintentionally went asexual (???). Then grade 10 and 11 I started acting, in retrospect, the way guys who are attracted to guys would. Some time in the middle of grade 12 I realized it and came out a few months after that.

16. aceofnoise23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew I was gay at 12 when I had an intense crush on this guy in my grade... looking back on it he was a butt and don't really know why I was crushing on him x.x. Accepted it at 14.

17. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Subconcious denial (liked guys, but didn't think about it) until about 17.
    Active denial (telling myself I didn't like guys) for about five years.
    Utter confusion/ frustration for about five months.
    "Probably gay" until about a week and a half ago.

Finally conluded I was gay at age 22.

18. Leif

When I was a kid I actually thought Everyone liked both boys and girls. It wasn't till I was in about third grade that I realized that wasn't the "norm".

19. SayThatSomethin

Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I knew I was attracted to boys and girls since...kindergaten or 1st grade, but it really started to mean something to be around 6th grade and after a few hiccups, I basically accepted the idea in 9th grade.

20. gleefanatic15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ive known i was attracted to guys since elementary school . I came out to an ex gf of mine when i was in the 7th grade . I accepted who i was last summer.