1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How old were you...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by nintenfreak92, Dec 11, 2007.

1. ThatGABoy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm...I got suspicious when my 3rd grade teacher told my parents at a parent/teacher night that i was "different" from the other boys. I'm pretty sure she got fired eventually.
    I knew for sure when I was 16 and first got close to another guy sexually. I came out to a few very close friends last year but I still openly date girls (I have a girlfriend of 2 months right now) and hopefully I'll be able to come out fully this summer.

2. Hepcat

For me it was when I was 14, though I'd liked a guy when I was 13 I just didn't think about it as being strange until the next year. :lol:

3. halfy

hmm if i think back i've always been different to everyone else and i was a tomboy growing up. i think i first realised i might be lesbian when i was about 13. i was addicted to this programme 'at home with the braithwaites' and my favourite character was virginia braithwaite, a lesbian. of course i was all "i just like her because she's the funniest character, i'm not attracted to her" even though i was attracted which developed further the more i watched the show. then once i realised i was attracted i was like "you're attracted to a fictional character, not a real person, it doesn't count".

also at the time, i was at school and i wasn't attracted to anyone at my school, so i had no idea what i was. i liked duncan from blue, but i wasn't attracted to anyone in my life.

fast forward to a few years later and i have developed feelings for my friend. now i do find myself attracted to pretty girls, but i am also attracted to fit blokes as well. i'm nowhere near accepting it yet as i want to try having a relationship with someone before i can accept that i am bi; especially as i have never been in a relationship with anyone. the most i have done is snog a bloke.

deep down i know that i am bisexual, but i'm not ready to accept it.

4. xxxDEZxxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well for me i new for sure i was atleast bisexual by 7th grade at the earliest 8th at the latest....but i had been questioning wth am kinda thinking abotu girls and w/e else..in like 5 grade...idk it was weird i can kinda explain yet i cant...

5. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    knew I was different sometime round middle school, so 11 about, but I tried for years to pretend I wasnt and push those thoughts to some dark corner of my mind and hope that they went away. But after years oh "oh hes cute" randomly popping into my brain, I accepted it around sophmore year, so 15 then came out to the first person last year at 16.

6. LOVEjames

The first inkling was when I was watching a movie and there was a scene where one frat house mooned another frat house, and I remember thinking that those guys asses were interesting. I'd seen girls asses before, but they never spiked much interested. I was about 8 or 9 then. I just knew at around 11 or 12, though. There wasn't much accepting of it to do for me, I was pretty okay with it. I remember having a tiny phase where I wanted to make sure I was gay, so I doubted it for a while and tried to be attracted to women, but it wasn't really because I was trying to deny my homosexuality, but more just testing it. I passed completely. xD
    In regards to coming out... I never had anyone to tell when I was 11 or 12, I never had any real life friends. Still don't, to be honest. Ones that I see on a regular basis, anyways. But I came out to two friends when I was 14. And then a few weeks later I came out to pretty much everyone I knew via my livejournal. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. darkestknight

Almost just like my case!

In that sense, I began to get attracted to men.. uh.. when I was 14. Then for the ladies part... 17. Then for all of both... 21. Wow, that's so strange for me! :grin:

8. Jenni7117

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I had an idea i was different about the way I felt, but I didnt realize it was because i was gay until I was like 17..

9. sjfb08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i was withe the same gril till i was 15 then i stared to like gyes

10. sexyalex

not sure if i know as yet....

11. joma b

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that i was about 11 when i knew i was gay.

12. jazzrawr

I've sort of known for as long as ive had hormones i think, now that i think about it.
    back then i didnt know what it was, i just knew that i liked being with girls way more than guys and i liked staring at my grade 5 teacher waaaay too much. XD
    i realized what it was in about grade 8 when i found fanfiction XD
    and i accepted it maybe...the middle of grade 9.

13. rocking23

I'm not going to lie. I can honestly say I am not one of those people who say "I knew I was since I was 4"

My first gay "experience" was when i was 9 and i a person i knew said look up gay sex on google, so i did :slight_smile:P) and i well, sorta enjoyed it. it made me feel better than i did when i looked at playboy

As i've grown up, I've always been drawn to the male underwear models in the flyers and i guess the moment i knew what the word "gay" meant you could say i was gay. I was always a friend of the girls i never did the "guy" stuff such as football at lunch

Now at 15, I'm more attracted to the guys of my grade (and the higher grades) rather than the girls no matter the amount of skin they show (LOL)

I also get a weird feeling when ever i am asked about girls or dating. my brother would say "those are some cuties, you should ask them out" I just dont see my self doing it LOL

Like i said before, the moment i knew what "gay" was and as ive grown up i know im gay, and though i went through the phase "im gunna stop i want to be like the couples on tv" ive always come back to the guys. As i got to the age i am now i never when through the huge.. "OMG I AM I KNOW IT NOW" it sorta just happend.. i grew into it... LOL

It was great to say that, ive never fully explained it beore :slight_smile:

14. xxAngelOnFirexx

the first time was in third grade (8yrs old) when the girls just started developing breasts. i was always looking at them and wanting to touch them (a naturally curious little kid XP). that year they called me gay and made fun of me. so i took my feelings as negative and began to be a bit homophobic and hated all of my gay feelings. until the beginning of highschool and a couple straight relationships i realized i wasn't into guys much. then i got my first girlfriend and then i just knew. it was a completely different feeling. one of real love and not just straight romance that you are in love with the fact of being in love but not really more than a friendship. so then i just started identifying as a lesbian and i started to realize me allowing myself to check out girls and realized in the past my weird feelings towards girls that i did not realize at the time was a crush like feeling.

so yeah thats my story!

15. Andy21

I can't actually remember, I just know I've never looked twice at a girl. I had a very sheltered childhood and so I didn't understand what being gay really was until I was nine and caught an episode of Jerry Springer, when I also learned the word 'bisexual' :lol: It's a strange thing to credit that show with, but it's all true unfortunately...

At around that age I kinda started looking at a boy in my class in a different way and I did develop a huge crush on him which never died until he moved away when we were both 15. Anyway at about 12 I started to get more curious and went on the internet and typed in things like 'gaysex.com' and I liked it.

I guess I knew I was gay about then, in 2002.

16. ayoungqt

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was 13 yrs old, but was in denial of it up until a few years ago...I just thought every girl was sexually attracted to other women...I dont knw I still feel that is true...

17. Nodnarb

The first time I ever really realized that I liked guys was in 7th grade. We were in the locker room changing for PE, and I noticed that I was checking out one of my friends. I thought it was strange, but I didn't really dwell on it. Over the next couple years, it became VERY obvious that I was gay, but I was in complete denial.

Then I found EC and took the first steps to admitting I wasn't straight. After being here awhile, I finally "came out" to myself and admitted that I was gay. So......I was 16 when I actually "figured it out".

18. ffdtirtp

ffdtirtp Guest

I would say i realized whenever i found out what the word gay meant but i always knew.

19. jason1111

jason1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At eighteen I knew and tried to come out didn't work, then again about 21 or 22 that didn't work out then again at 26 that didn't work then again at 30 and again didn't work now again at 36. I haven't come out to anybody other than my father and sister and acouple friends but I keep going back and forth nobody knows for sure.

20. Rahata

Hmm... I guess the first time I realized I might be gay was in grade 6-7. I developped a crush on my moms friend but never thought anything of it. Then in grade 7 was my gym teacher lol.