1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, what do other countries think of the Brits? ;)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Oooh how arrogant =p

2. Kimi

I don't know what Japan thinks of the Brits but to me they are pretty cool.

But lately I think people began to think children in England are fat...because we hear about the problem alot. But I think Japanese people thinks Brits are very reserved and polite. So I don't think Brits are hated by Japan:slight_smile:

BTW, London accent is just unable to understand:lol:

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Londoners and northerners speak like they have a fist in their mouth.

The "Oxfordshirian" accent is just beautiful though =]

4. Tom

Tom Guest

in ur case it is! i didnt like all the peoples accents i heard down there!

5. Ty

Ty Guest

They were proberly tourists/commuters
    urgh

6. Tom

Tom Guest

no they werent, or atleast not all, one was a lecturer tht had lived in oxford all his life, or so he said and so had his family so...

7. Rette

From what I've seen, they've been a little standoffish towards the rest of the world. They seem to sit somewhere between the US and Europe in terms of international cooperation. (Alternatively, one could spin this by saying they're proud of and appreciate their independence). The Iraq debacle certainly gave the Brits a hit in their international image.

I'm very interested to see what the UK does in the next decade or so with regards to immigration, as I understand it's becoming a huge issue in some parts of Britain. Believe it or not, tackling that issue properly could have pretty huge impact around the world.

But, this only really applies to the government. I've met some absolutely wonderful Brits (and a few unbearable chavs. Yeah, that's right, I know what a chav is).

8. Ty

Ty Guest

=o you know what a chav is!!!!

Hmm yeah the whole war thing was a bit weird.... but if Blair didn't hold Bush's hand along the way, where would we be now i ask? proberly in a nuclear winter...

9. Psychedelic Bookmarks

don't even get on the subject of chavs. that's just a term to ridicule the working class / less well off. i hate it when people use that word. seriously, it just means the fashion circles of the working classes. think about it. so snobby. the worst part of britishness, IMHO.

10. Jeimuzu

Oy! Way ay man, gimme a fooking breek will ya?

Not really, chavs are more a trend/fad. It's like emo or whatever, it's not a particular group. You can get rich chavs. However, as a rule, chavs like to wreck things, and do so. :-/

Gawd, the amount of chavs that've tried to start fights with me...

11. Ty

Ty Guest

I come from middle/lower class and i can still walk down the street and not have the desire to burn down someone's house. Just a thought.

12. Jeimuzu

Well, I know I'm middle class because I've passed the Jimmy Carr test :wink:

13. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm really? I didn't know that. And as much as I'd like to think I'm from Central Europe, I'm still from Eastern Europe :lol: The general view here is that British people are very conservative and have their own way of life and do their own things and don't really like to be involved with the rest of Europe...

14. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

Ahh Britain and the UK in general...
    i believe in the U.S. it is very two sided on englands rank in likeness.
    Personally, i would like to live there one day. I am democrat and a football(soccer player)
    and i follow the english premiership very closely. i am also not the typical uneducated american.

15. Kibuki kid

Britain....well in Jamaica the country is actually well liked a lot of people try to go there and stay....but really Caribbean Comonwealth countries dont have much of a problems with Briitain. Personally all my experience with brits have been good so i have nothing to say. When the queen vistited for he Golden Jubilee she was quite well recieved here in Jamaica......and Britain has sent several police units here so all in all i would say that our political relationship is quite a friendly one. Personally i love the British , thats probably because my parents (especially my mother) brought me up in a way that can be easily realted to the UK (tv programs, books, speech), yay mum(*hug*)

16. step49x

I have to say, my entire knowledge of the UK comes from grade school history. And the Harry Potter films.

Honestly, I don't really know enough about them to have an opinion one way or another. So, I'd probably say I'm neutral. I don't pay enough attention to the news to know about the whole Bush/Blair thing. Yeah, I'm pretty uneducated when it comes to politics/word events...

17. Nerdtendo

18. darthmalik14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ok as a Colombian-American, i have to say i love the UK all 4 countries all the same, i went there last summer and fell in love with them. but anyways, i love the rich history, the vast amount of scientists, philosophers, thinkers, and writers of all time. i love shepherds pie, fish and ships i had today for lunch at the fish market, and omg trifle is delicious. most of all i was there during the supposedly bombing attempts on the planes back to the U.S. i was in Heathrow at the time it was happening and only one person was rude to us (dude threw soap and water at us), but the rest of the people were really empathetic. i find that Brits have great attitudes and, they are really cool. love the accent by the way. and you guys are got by the way!!!