1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got 2 deer!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jerr, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Bryan

I'd rather total my car than murder a deer, and I am generally a very aware driver. Anytime I have been in the car I have always seen deer and been able to slow down. But, seirously what is a life compared to a few thousand dollars in damage.

2. Jerr

The deer may live for a while but it will be in a lot of pain... then die... along with your car.

It's a lose lose situation.

Without hunting the deer population would become out of control to the point of the deer getting diseases and starvation...

But with how you seem to think about it... dieing slowly and painfully from disease and starvation is worse then dieing damn near instantly.

Also note if they die of disease or starvation... their meat is of little to no use for not only people but the animals that would feed off of them.

ALSO the deer would come into the roads more often meaning they would get hit more often causing ungodly amounts of wrecks resulting in thousands and thousands of dollars of damage and resulting in more deaths to people because of the wrecks.

But as long as we don't "murder" the deer it is fine.

3. Jerr

So just randomly searching through ec and I find this. Wow over a year ago.

Reading through filled me with fun fun emotions. *sigh* fun fun.

Well I figured I'd go and say I got A deer this year. Just one. But I decided to look up a fun fact online to post with this....

They go on to say how that the numbers are probably HIGHER then those mentioned above because each state is different on what is a "reportable deer accident."

Figured I'd throw in that fun fact that Bambi kills. (Sorry, they mentioned this on the Mansewers show and I laughed my ass off.)

4. RaRa

Why would you kill deer? They're so cute. :frowning2:

Go kill something nasty like a coyote. :/

5. Teri

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    man I love deer meat nice job! I am gonna post on local corner store to pay for somebodies liscense to get some deer meat next year couldn;t afford it this year and I am eating way too much peanut butter and tuna lol

6. Amy

Amy

I knooooow. :frowning2:

7. Brandford

I greatly disapprove of hunting, an animals life is just as precious as a human's life, its bad enough we massively kill cows and pigs and such things but I've come to terms with that because humans are omnivorous but hunting just adds to the death toll and for no reason, Why kill a deer when you can just go to the store and buy meat and save an animals life?

8. Peter

I am squeamish about killing, but I eat meat, I enjoy in particular venison. I know that someone needs to kill the animal for me to eat it and I would rather that the animals have some freedom during its life. So please enjoy the food you have provided in the traditional manner and don't let those animals die in vain.

9. Jerr

Because it would take to long... I'll shorten it to this.

Read the rest of the thread. If you still feel the same. Oh well.

10. Mickey

I don't like hunting. That being said,I don't put others down for liking it.
    I know I couldn't shoot a living thing,but that's just me.

11. Brandford

I read the rest of the thread, there wasn't one good reason

12. Jerr

*sigh* You're right. They should become overpopulated and either get hit by a car killing the driver and it. OR even better! They could just starve to death! OOO OO OO!!! OR they could just acquire some disease from being overpopulated and DIE SLOWLY...

Hippies are cruel. But I like em anyways. They is quite the fun group.

13. Amy

Amy

Cruel? I don't get how you can say that. "Hippies" don't want violence or unnessicary death. The world has a balance and that's what the "cuel" hippies want.

14. Jerr

So the balance is slow and painful deaths due to starvation and disease? (Not counting the increase in auto accidents involving deer.) OR are you going to put a limit to the number of little deer kids the deer are allowed to have? Somehow I don't think they'd listen.

15. Brandford

Humans are overpopulated and you don't see elmer fud walking down the street shooting people to decrease the population, as i said before an animals life is just as precious as an animals, if your gonna decrease the animal population by hunting them maybe we should do the same with us humans, Whats fair is fair, there is no gray area

AND

Even though I hate the Idea of neutering, it is still more Humane than killing them

#55 Brandford, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  16. Jerr

I said this earlier... We TRY to let people die by their own stupid mistakes but then others complain and we make seat belt laws or smoking laws which increase the life span of the humans.

Also, we have evolved a wee bit farther then the deer and are able to deal with the overpopulation issue better.

Hippies are still an entertaining group even if they prefer slow painful deaths. (p.s. I'm no vet but wouldn't catching the deer to neuter them... cause them to panic and possibly die? I know some animals don't do good when scared for long periods of time...)

17. Brandford

Please stop implying I'm a "hippie", well if we try to let humans die by their own mistakes, why don't we let the animals do that as well? and just because we are more evolved doesn't mean we deserve our lives anymore than animals do, plus all humans do is destroy and take up space, animals wouldn't have to worry about not having enough grass to eat or anything like that because we wouldn't be taking up all the space. And its something call a tranquilizer, put the deer to sleep, neuter him, let em go, no fear what so ever

18. MusicIsLife

Hunters and hunting disgusts me. I'm a huge animal rights activist, and so I'm gonna shut up before i either

a) cry
    or b) start bitching at you like there's no tomorrow.

19. jazzrawr

Well, good for you...
    I hate hunting to be honest, I'm going vegitarian, and when my dad hunts it really bothers me so I'll shut up. XD

I just can't stand the thought of killing things. XD

20. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Then don't read the thread and don't post :slight_smile: . This thread is about him getting his first deer kill, and if you don't support him, don't post!

I find it strange that you could have hatred towards someone when our minority is extremely hated by many, even through everything we go through.

ON TOPIC:

Congrats dude :grin: ! I always wanted to go hunting.